Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

any1 had any problem after IPM recall fixed

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-13, 12:11 AM
aucht
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default any1 had any problem after IPM recall fixed

my onboard screen are not match with the center console screen, and at Park I press accelerator I heard engine running, it wasn't before! anyone had the same matter?
Old 12-30-13, 12:15 AM
aucht
Rookie

any1 are not done the recall, can you try press the accelerator at Park position to see if the engine running?
Old 12-30-13, 04:44 AM
maseace
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I thought it always did that.
Old 12-30-13, 08:52 AM
spacecraft
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, my 2008 MY always did that, and still does (not made the IPM recall yet).
I understand it's a method for forcing the traction batteries recharge.
I'd hazard a guess that maybe the OP just never noticed that before.
After all, there aren't many reason for pressing the accelerator pedal with the car in P......

PS: aucht, can you tell us more about the screens mismatch?
I should bring it to the dealer for the recall in a few weeks, so I can check that before/after.

Last edited by spacecraft; 12-30-13 at 08:56 AM.
Old 01-05-14, 12:53 AM
aucht
Rookie

Okay I will take video. just give me some time!
Old 01-10-14, 08:47 PM
nlayla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I am currently having the same problem too. I'm glad that I am not the only one. I feel like my MPG has gone down. Someone on the forum said it might be the Idle Speed Control not being reset. Check out this forum the discussion: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-technology/652088-getting-19-5mpg-on-my-rx400h-please-help-3.html"

hope it helps
Old 01-15-14, 12:55 AM
Caraddict
Driver School Candidate

Experiencing different problems on my mom's '06 RX400 after the IPM was replaced. Today she got the following errors after hearing an engine noise (she was in the processing of getting OFF the roadway as the errors came up and now the car won't move.): Check Hybrid System, Check VSC System, Check AWD system; along with the P/S and a loss of brakes, check engine light (13 codes), and traction light.

It happened later in the afternoon, so it has been towed to a Toyota dealership (nearest Lexus dealership is a solid hour & a half from where it broke down) and they are going to do a diagnostic on it in the AM. She never had issues with her old inverter, but from everything I've read, it sounds like the new IPM module has failed? Her car has 83k and has been absolutely trouble-free before this incident.

Its worth noting that the initial recall work was done 6 weeks ago and actually took 4 days to complete. She was told at the time that it was due to all dealerships nationwide experiencing computer failure, and they weren't able to update the vehicle's software any sooner.
Old 02-10-14, 01:18 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

any update?

Originally Posted by Caraddict
Experiencing different problems on my mom's '06 RX400 after the IPM was replaced. Today she got the following errors after hearing an engine noise (she was in the processing of getting OFF the roadway as the errors came up and now the car won't move.): Check Hybrid System, Check VSC System, Check AWD system; along with the P/S and a loss of brakes, check engine light (13 codes), and traction light.

It happened later in the afternoon, so it has been towed to a Toyota dealership (nearest Lexus dealership is a solid hour & a half from where it broke down) and they are going to do a diagnostic on it in the AM. She never had issues with her old inverter, but from everything I've read, it sounds like the new IPM module has failed? Her car has 83k and has been absolutely trouble-free before this incident.

Its worth noting that the initial recall work was done 6 weeks ago and actually took 4 days to complete. She was told at the time that it was due to all dealerships nationwide experiencing computer failure, and they weren't able to update the vehicle's software any sooner.
Old 02-10-14, 01:41 PM
Caraddict
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by myw
any update?
Fried ignition coil. The service adviser admitted he had never seen one with the end blown off the way this one was and couldn't offer any insight as to why it occurred. He simply said that sometimes we never know the reasons why these things happen. That was about a month ago and knock on wood, no problems since.
Old 02-11-14, 11:13 AM
takeshi74
Advanced

Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by aucht
any1 had any problem after IPM recall fixed
None so far over here.