Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

brakes driving me mad...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-12, 02:00 PM
dekidex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brakes driving me mad...

Hey Guys...
My brakes are making this eek eek soud when driving slow.If i touch the brakes or speed up it disapears...
The car is so quiet from the beginning and now when i am about to pull up somewhere everyone knows im coming by this annoying squeek...

The brakes should be pretty new i was told,only a month or so old...
Old 06-30-12, 02:28 AM
TCKeyz
Pole Position

Are you sure it's the brakes? I also have a squeak (more like a eek eek sound as you described) problem with my GS450H. It happens only when the car has been sitting for a few hours or longer. Upon first start and driving, it makes this sound until I speed up enough and when the car is warmed up the sound goes away. The "eek eek" sound repeats faster the faster I go, and slower the slower I drive. So I am also wondering what's wrong here and if it's the same problem. Sounds like it just need more lubricate somewhere or something (I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff).
Old 06-30-12, 08:46 AM
dekidex
Driver

Default ...

Originally Posted by TCKeyz
Are you sure it's the brakes? I also have a squeak (more like a eek eek sound as you described) problem with my GS450H. It happens only when the car has been sitting for a few hours or longer. Upon first start and driving, it makes this sound until I speed up enough and when the car is warmed up the sound goes away. The "eek eek" sound repeats faster the faster I go, and slower the slower I drive. So I am also wondering what's wrong here and if it's the same problem. Sounds like it just need more lubricate somewhere or something (I'm a noob when it comes to this stuff).

Definitively the brakes.
The way you can find out for sure is to roll your windows down drive through a garage,press the brake just a little,and the sound is gone...almost like it is very dirty inside from all the dust or the brakes are not wearing out evenly due to improper bed in procedures when the brakes were installed(rotors too)so now it looks like the rotors might be a little uneven which makes the brake pads wear out that way too...

But i will try bedding them and see what happens...
Old 06-30-12, 09:52 AM
fhan888
Driver

Have you had the brakes checked for wear. We bought ours used and within firt week it made the same noise took it to Lexus and it turned out the brakes had less then 3% left even though the brakes still felt good.
Old 07-19-12, 04:29 AM
dekidex
Driver

Default ...

Originally Posted by fhan888
Have you had the brakes checked for wear. We bought ours used and within firt week it made the same noise took it to Lexus and it turned out the brakes had less then 3% left even though the brakes still felt good.
do our cars have brake sensors?
Old 05-27-13, 07:19 AM
sonnyhood
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default glazed pads sounds like

Originally Posted by dekidex
do our cars have brake sensors?
no brake sensors on mine, i just had them all out and had a good look at everything in and around the wheels. Theres a little steel guide which rubs on your disc when pads are low.
My prev pads squealed sometimes at lights when pressing brakes softly.
This was glazed pads, no easy way to deal with that, i was planning new rotors and pads anyway so i didnt fuss too much about it.
If you are a DIY sorta person, pull off the wheels and take out the pads and rub them on some concrete till the shine comes off the pads and re insert, rmbr put each pad in same place it was in.
Glazed pads is from heating up the brakes so hot and then parking the car without cooling them down. With just slow easy driving for 5-10mins depending how much heat you put through them.
I had to do this on the race car after every race, and its not easy rubbing the pads on concrete but definately makes a difference. Once they are glazed no amount of braking will remove it, just stays like that.
If the pads are nearly worn just put new ones in they are quite cheap anyway.
Old 05-28-13, 01:37 PM
Nuno74
Driver School Candidate

Hi,
When I bought mine, the brackets also made a lot of noise while coming to a complete stop.
As the rotors were already a little faded, I decided to change them, the brake pads and also asked for a special pads that are installed over the regular brake pads that completely make the noise disappear.
Now I can hardly hear the brakes while parking the car inside the garage in 'stealth' mode.
The guys in Lexus dealership told me that I could just install the special pads (sorry but I don't know the exact translation to English) and the noise would go away, but I figured that sooner or later I would need to change the rotors and pads, so decided to do it all at once.
110 % satisfied.
Old 05-28-13, 10:30 PM
sonnyhood
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuno74
Hi,
When I bought mine, the brackets also made a lot of noise while coming to a complete stop.
As the rotors were already a little faded, I decided to change them, the brake pads and also asked for a special pads that are installed over the regular brake pads that completely make the noise disappear.
Now I can hardly hear the brakes while parking the car inside the garage in 'stealth' mode.
The guys in Lexus dealership told me that I could just install the special pads (sorry but I don't know the exact translation to English) and the noise would go away, but I figured that sooner or later I would need to change the rotors and pads, so decided to do it all at once.
110 % satisfied.
Theres nothing like good brakes, car should always stop better than it goes in my opinion
Old 05-31-13, 01:33 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts

Check your shields. Mine got bent after a tire guy dropped the wheel on the shield.