Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

anyone NOT touch their factory lock settings? i have a question on how the locks work

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-09, 08:54 AM
jpzy3rxh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone NOT touch their factory lock settings? i have a question on how the locks work

Can you tell me with all the doors locked and you hit the pwr door button for 8 seconds, will the power door open without having to unlock the drivers/passenger doors? This is how I remembered it used to work from the factory settings before I mucked with them at my 1k service.

Also, if you put it in Park, do all the doors automatically unlock?

I would like the Power Back Door to open without having to unlock any of the driver/passenger doors, but they are telling me now that's impossible. At the minimum, the driver's door would have to be unlocked first.

I'm thinking it may be a combination of settings that may allow only the power door to unlock/open.
Old 09-12-09, 09:47 AM
barry_s
Driver School Candidate

Default locks

I have not altered my settings. If I hold the power door button while the car doors are locked the power door opens. All doors unlock when the car is put in park.
Old 09-12-09, 10:41 AM
jpzy3rxh
Driver School Candidate

thanks! that's what i thought. one more question - with all the doors locked and you push the power door button and the back door opens, do the driver and passenger doors remain locked? i think i remember them remaining locked.

i made two changes. i changed it so that when it is put in park, only the driver-side unlocks and also changed power button from 8 seconds to 2-clicks. i asked them to put back the 8 seconds, but i still have to hit unlock twice!

they said they could have the power door open with the driver's side unlocked(1-click unlock, hold power or 2-click power) but they would have to put a bypass in. it sounds like i'd have to put back unlock all doors when in park which is a bummer when kids are in the backseat.
Old 09-12-09, 11:54 AM
barry_s
Driver School Candidate

My doors all remain locked when I open the power door. BTW, my door starts opening in 2-3 seconds after I push the button. My RX350 was the same. You might be best off having them restore it to factory settings and then make the change to the doors unlocking in park.
Old 09-12-09, 12:49 PM
jpzy3rxh
Driver School Candidate

Default personalized settings

thanks! i knew there was an 8 in there - it's 0.8 seconds (attached #16), but it does seem more like 3-4 secs to me.

i didn't think it was going to be such a big deal but now I found a personalized settings doc.

i hate understanding if this and not that...

#15 2nd option is what I would like and it says it's standard
15 One motion power back door
-- After pressing the rear door release button on the remote key, the rear
door will open. (Doors do not need to be unlocked first) (Standard)

but if i choose this, it says I can't have #16. I don't think I'd care for #16 if I had #15. Not sure what I'm missing or not understanding correctly.

i guess i'll just print this off and show them #15. it doesn't say I can't have #15 with #3 option 1.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
rxh_personalized_settings.pdf (674.4 KB, 1336 views)
Old 09-15-09, 05:26 PM
jpzy3rxh
Driver School Candidate

Well, I printed out the personalized settings and HAD TO READ IT OUT LOUD to the service advisor that DOORS DO NOT NEED TO BE UNLOCKED FIRST. He was still insisting on the way he knew things for the driver's lock to be unlocked first and bypass the system. After awhile and some safety speech, he figured no bother arguing with me and just sent it back to the tech attaching the personalized settings instructions for #15.

WHATEVER - at least the tech that got my job GOT IT RIGHT! My power backdoor opens again without having to hit unlock first!

I went back and looked at 2006 personalized settings and #15 2nd option is NOT STANDARD, but STANDARD on 2008 settings. So the service advisor must've been stuck on 2006 settings. I remember the sheet I was given during my 1k service was for 2006 settings.