Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Please insert the correct map DVD

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-08, 12:58 PM
keyjeybee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Please insert the correct map DVD

Someone has been tampering with my navigation, the screen just says please to insert the correct map dvd (in English and in Japanese...). The correct DVD is in and I have done every possible thing to make it work again. It is stuck. Since this happened nothing works with the navigation system and my phone does not connect to the bluetooth anymore.

Can anyone give advice how to solve this?
Old 11-21-08, 07:56 PM
iKenn
Just call me "Sprinkes"

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

take it to the dealer?
Old 11-22-08, 08:31 AM
benzo555
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes that DVD door does not open correctly. You have to use that slider door thingy with a lil force.. Mine did the same and I thought it was stuck, but I slid the slider with a little force and the disc popped out.
Old 12-04-08, 07:03 PM
AkiD
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Oh Oh....possible fix...worked for me...

This sounds like you (or someone else) may have gone into the hidden menu and mucked around with the regional settings. This happened to my 03 LS430 and the ONLY way I could fix it was to take the unit out (the DVD drive) and discharge the battery that keeps the PROMs memory. That forces a reset and then it went back to english and the North American DVD was accepted.

Depending on the version of unit you have in your RX, you MAY have the version that has a hidden reset button on the motherboard. It's the ONLY button on the board and if you hold it for 30 seconds, it'll reset for you. Otherwise, you'll
need to find a way to discharge the watch-like battery on the motherboard. I used a small christmas light alligator clipped to the two leads on the battery and let it sit overnight.

The next morning the bulb was out and I reassembled the unit, crossed my fingers and hooked it back up *without* the DVD installed. Once the unit powered up, it errored on the display saying no disk was found and to insert the disk. When I inserted the disk, it went through a full reload and after about a minute, everything was back to normal. It's been fine ever since.

I found this "trick", (after I stupidly played around with the hidden menu and changed the region code), in a Prius forum when I did a dogpile search.

I recommended this to another person who had the same problem and they too were able to get it back to NA by doing this. It's a *major* PITA but
it's the only way I know how to fix this. The dealer is no help. They'll tell you that you need to buy a new unit to the tune of $1,000. Taking the until
apart to get to the motherboard is pretty straight forward. About 5 or 6
small screws and the top comes right off.

The battery is soldered into the motherboard so unless you're really handy with a solder gun, I found that discharging the battery on the board with a small light and alligator clips was the fastest, safest way to force it to reset.

The battery is rechargable so after about 10-15 minutes of driving, the battery will be charged enough to hold the PROMs memory.

Moral of the story...don't ever, ever, EVER do anything in the hidden menu except select the override menu so you can use the Navi while moving.

-aki
Old 06-04-09, 08:40 AM
rasari03
Driver School Candidate

how to take out the dvd from the drive. Because I can't get to the Eject Button on the touch screen. Is there a way to eject it manually.

thanks
Old 06-04-09, 08:50 AM
AkiD
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

the DVD unit itself has the eject button. If you look at the front of the DVD unit, you'll see a small slide that covers the DVD slot. If you slide that back, it'll not only expose the slot, but also a black button that is the eject button.

-aki
Old 06-04-09, 11:44 AM
rasari03
Driver School Candidate

I couldn't find any button, so I did it manually by turning the gear in clockwise direction and slowly the disc came out.
Old 06-04-09, 12:35 PM
rasari03
Driver School Candidate

I have taken apart the ECU DVD drive unit to discharge the battery .
please see the pictures of what and how I did it. I own a 2006 GS300.

http://tinypic.com/a/u835/1

thank you for your help.
Old 06-18-09, 10:31 AM
rasari03
Driver School Candidate

My Navi is working again after discharging the battery on the motherboard and inserting the disc. It fully loaded once I put the disc in. Saved my self alot of money.
I was lucky that the guy at the dealer took the ECU out for me , I did all the discharging part coz the dealer won't do anything not in factory manual. I took it back to dealer to put the ECU back in the glove box. The dealer did mention that on the GS300 2006 you have take out the center console and the Glove box to get to the ECU.

Thank you.
Old 06-18-09, 11:00 PM
LEXveryG8
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the update! Great discovery and recovery!
Old 01-17-10, 03:56 PM
pfshelter
Driver School Candidate

Default Instructions to drain PC Battery with LED

I'm in the process of draining the battery as mentioned above. Here's how I'm doing it:

Radio Shack Parts:

Alligator Clips
3.2 V LED lamp (2 prong)

I placed one prong of the LED Lamp on the + side of the battery and the other side on the - side. Clip to the battery using the alligator clip. Important Note: Use a piece of paper or cardboard in between the LED prong and alligator clip. Otherwise, you will short the + &- sides.

I'll let you know if it works!
Attached Thumbnails Please insert the correct map DVD-024.jpg   Please insert the correct map DVD-025.jpg   Please insert the correct map DVD-026.jpg   Please insert the correct map DVD-020.jpg  
Old 01-17-10, 03:59 PM
pfshelter
Driver School Candidate

Default More LED pics

Some more pics
Attached Thumbnails Please insert the correct map DVD-019.jpg   Please insert the correct map DVD-021.jpg  
Old 09-06-18, 11:09 PM
Craric
Driver School Candidate

Default Fabulous News!!

Originally Posted by keyjeybee
Someone has been tampering with my navigation, the screen just says please to insert the correct map dvd (in English and in Japanese...). The correct DVD is in and I have done every possible thing to make it work again. It is stuck. Since this happened nothing works with the navigation system and my phone does not connect to the bluetooth anymore.

Can anyone give advice how to solve this?
there is a trick in this feed that references disconnecting a ribbon within your player. The fabulous news is that at works and you do not have to mess around with the battery and a light bulb. Follow the instructions in this feed if you don't understand contact me and I will show you. Praise God!!
Old 09-23-18, 01:24 PM
ligurt
Rookie

Originally Posted by AkiD
This sounds like you (or someone else) may have gone into the hidden menu and mucked around with the regional settings. This happened to my 03 LS430 and the ONLY way I could fix it was to take the unit out (the DVD drive) and discharge the battery that keeps the PROMs memory. That forces a reset and then it went back to english and the North American DVD was accepted.

Depending on the version of unit you have in your RX, you MAY have the version that has a hidden reset button on the motherboard. It's the ONLY button on the board and if you hold it for 30 seconds, it'll reset for you. Otherwise, you'll
need to find a way to discharge the watch-like battery on the motherboard. I used a small christmas light alligator clipped to the two leads on the battery and let it sit overnight.

The next morning the bulb was out and I reassembled the unit, crossed my fingers and hooked it back up *without* the DVD installed. Once the unit powered up, it errored on the display saying no disk was found and to insert the disk. When I inserted the disk, it went through a full reload and after about a minute, everything was back to normal. It's been fine ever since.

I found this "trick", (after I stupidly played around with the hidden menu and changed the region code), in a Prius forum when I did a dogpile search.

I recommended this to another person who had the same problem and they too were able to get it back to NA by doing this. It's a *major* PITA but
it's the only way I know how to fix this. The dealer is no help. They'll tell you that you need to buy a new unit to the tune of $1,000. Taking the until
apart to get to the motherboard is pretty straight forward. About 5 or 6
small screws and the top comes right off.

The battery is soldered into the motherboard so unless you're really handy with a solder gun, I found that discharging the battery on the board with a small light and alligator clips was the fastest, safest way to force it to reset.

The battery is rechargable so after about 10-15 minutes of driving, the battery will be charged enough to hold the PROMs memory.

Moral of the story...don't ever, ever, EVER do anything in the hidden menu except select the override menu so you can use the Navi while moving.

-aki
I'm so afraid not to have found this post before in my life. Thank you very very very much. It's one of the most useful trick. Thank you