Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Extra Care Protection (ECP)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 11:36 AM
DreamParty
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra Care Protection (ECP)

How many of you get the ECP? and what's your opinion on ECP? Should I get it or not?

thanks,

Andy
Old 03-21-08, 05:22 PM
herbvdh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DreamParty
How many of you get the ECP? and what's your opinion on ECP? Should I get it or not?

thanks,

Andy
IMHO I do not have it But my 400h is a pre-owned which has a warranty till 100,000 miles (160,930 KM) I never had an extra warranty on my 2004 Prius although the dealer tried the hard sell by saying all this new technology etc. I told him NO twice why have it when the hybrid warranty is 100,000 miles and 8 years (not sure the years) Now I do not know your warranty for Canada. After my pre-owned warranty I revert back to the factory warranty. I never had a problem with the Prius at all I just needed the all wheel drive.
Old 03-25-08, 07:29 PM
///M
Driver School Candidate

I now live in FL. When I bought the car the dealer just put this ECP in and only when I asked did they explain it to me (It was somewhere in the $700 range). Now that I live in FL, It is a must. Twice a year FL gets an infestation of lovebugs that blanket the skies for a few weeks, if you do not wash your car daily, these things eat into your paint (meaning when they Kamakazi onto your hood) and are near impossible to get off. It ruined the Land Rover and the Jetta.

My M3 I will wash daily if I have to, my wife will leave the car dirty for a year (hence a new land rover that looks like a teenager with bad acne). I got the ECP just because it covers love bug damage.

I have lived in New York and NewJersy most of my life, all my cars, including the Jetta I bought up there never had such problems.

In FL, however, different story and did not think twice about this. If I were in the North East I would NOT get this.

So really depends on where you live and if you think such protection is worth the price ( I see you live in BC, do you get a lot of moose droppings on your car?). By the way, how much are they charging you for this? I have never even heard of this option until I moved down here. I asked my father in Jersey, he bought a Lexus last year, and he does not recall being offered this option.