Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2022 and up NX hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the NX Hybrid models. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other 2nd generation NX models.

450h charging on a smart charger (car will not charge in a smart manor)

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-23, 05:14 PM
egandt
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450h charging on a smart charger (car will not charge in a smart manor)

I have a Level 2 charger that is tied to solar so it will charge when there is excess power during the day or between 1 and 6AM (regardless of power produced).

The Lexus 450h 2023 is unable to charge using this device in a logical manor, now if the charger is proving power when plugged in it will charge (green light an charges), however once it stops it never resumes, if there is no power when plugged in it never charges (never turns green even when power is produces later on).

I have a smart charger for the Environment and I'm so frustrated with the car, not charging when it gets power from the charger, obviously the charger works, when there is power being feed in when I plug in, but if there is no power when plugged in or the power stops once plugged in the car never begins charging or resumes charging.

Is it too much to ask that the car charges when power is provided, AKA when I have excess power being generated or else during non-peak times, I mean this is a LEXUS! and a hybrid it is all about the environment.

ERIC

Old 09-09-23, 11:54 AM
nx450plus
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 62 Posts

Charging lacks some of these features to mention. I doubt they would be resolved as it represents a small proportion of plugin hybrid owners and is more of a client issue. I have no problems charging because the vast majority plug in and fill the battery then stop.
Old 09-11-23, 05:36 AM
drox
Driver

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

With the standard EVSE, the one that came with the car, once I had to unplug it and plug it back in. I did it from the wall socket rather than the car. The car resumed charging just fine.

I think it must be an issue with your "smart charger"