Notices
HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Hard ride - how to make softer ride

Old 06-03-18, 07:48 AM
Omar007
Driver School Candidate

Default Hard ride - how to make softer ride

Hello All,

I need help to figure out or come up with a modification to make my HS250 2010 model which has 90k to drive much softer like the ES300h.
Here is the list of things I did to fix the issue, it did help a little.
I moved from 18" to 17" rims , put top of the line Michelin touring tire, did help. Still it is stiff.
I drove 2015 es300H amazing and you hardly feel any pot holes. My dream is to make my care drive like that. I wish I could by that car, at the moment I cant and I am happy with HS250 which gives 700km on a full tank 45 liters.

I don't see any leaks in my shocks everything seems to be fine, I was told they are simple ordinary shocks same as corolla shock that tells me why they are not that great. I think just the front are little better.
Can some help me to fix this issue? How can I modify? Can I put ES300 shocks on my HS250? Can I buy off market specially soft shocks?

Thank you all and I love this forum very helpful advises!
Old 06-03-18, 06:17 PM
Magellan55

I seriously doubt the HS250 has the same shocks as a Corolla. First off the HS is a lot heavier; Corolla shocks would be overwhelmed and the car would be bouncing. And the HS250 is built off Toyota's Euro-spec Avensis, so the suspension is tuned like a European car, not a floaty American one. You've already given yourself some extra tire sidewall; you could also try running a little less air in them too, maybe 30 psi. But I can't see how you'd get the car to ever drive like an ES - they are just tuned so totally different. Probably no different than trying to get the IS to ride as soft as the ES.
Old 06-05-18, 06:46 AM
Clutchless
Lexus Champion

I agree with Magellan55, and there are no after market struts or shocks available for the HS. It is designed for the European market. I like it and think it drives much better than any other Lexus I have owned.
If you have a Touring Model, it does have slightly stiffer struts & shocks than the other models.
In that case you may get a better ride by changing them to the regular struts & shocks. However, I suspect those when new may be as stiff as the touring ones with 90,000 miles/kilometers.
Old 09-14-18, 05:37 PM
Grendel050
Driver School Candidate

I put slightly larger tires on when buying a new set, I still have the 18in rims, but the larger tires do help alittle bit with the stiffness of the Hs250h.
On a side note, larger radius tires either lower the mpg or affect the reading for mpg because of their larger radius.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hard ride - how to make softer ride

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: