GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Headlight lens cracked

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-19, 12:00 PM
N3M35IS
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMAGINTHAT
Come to think of it - I do remember seeing an Atomic for sale in the San Francisco area and reading the Lexus Drivers history.

Customer noted cracking in the headlights and Lexus noted it was not covered under warranty because of prior damage.

You can also PM me your VIN and I can check that site for you.
Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
If you’d like, pm me your VIN and i can check Lexus Drivers site for you.

i got the driver thing to work and checked service history. there was a log about when the passanger front lower corner was damaged and customer wanted it to be repainted. this was done when previous owner had vehicle. so i took my car to another dealership to get a 2nd opinion because the 1st dealership and lexus hq was pretty much saying we don't know why its not warranty and we don't know why it should be, but its going to cost $7000+ to repair it. so i asked the 2nd dealership since this was the dealership a lot of locals actually told me i should have went to first instead of the other one, spoke with service manager before i dropped it off and he called me with an update an hr ago and told me lexus wont cover it. he said he tried his best to get it covered but the higher ups believe it was caused by some kind of pressure. i feel like all i can do at this point is to give up and just buy new lights or find an alternative option.
Old 07-16-19, 01:19 PM
Dukeaudio
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by N3M35IS
i got the driver thing to work and checked service history. there was a log about when the passanger front lower corner was damaged and customer wanted it to be repainted. this was done when previous owner had vehicle. so i took my car to another dealership to get a 2nd opinion because the 1st dealership and lexus hq was pretty much saying we don't know why its not warranty and we don't know why it should be, but its going to cost $7000+ to repair it. so i asked the 2nd dealership since this was the dealership a lot of locals actually told me i should have went to first instead of the other one, spoke with service manager before i dropped it off and he called me with an update an hr ago and told me lexus wont cover it. he said he tried his best to get it covered but the higher ups believe it was caused by some kind of pressure. i feel like all i can do at this point is to give up and just buy new lights or find an alternative option.
Curious, have you looked into your insurance coverage?
The following users liked this post:
lobuxracer (07-16-19)
Old 07-16-19, 01:49 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by Dukeaudio
Curious, have you looked into your insurance coverage?
Since you have no idea how this happened, for all you know it could have been vandalism. I would check with my insurance only because the headlights are big ticket items on these cars. I would do the same for the carbon fiber lip at the bottom of the front bumper cover - that piece is $5k from Lexus.
Old 07-16-19, 03:31 PM
Dukeaudio
Intermediate

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Since you have no idea how this happened, for all you know it could have been vandalism. I would check with my insurance only because the headlights are big ticket items on these cars. I would do the same for the carbon fiber lip at the bottom of the front bumper cover - that piece is $5k from Lexus.
Agree. In this case, would gladly pay my deductible to make car whole again.
Old 07-16-19, 09:40 PM
blueNblack
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Shot in the dark but my guess is that someone sat on the hood or maybe slammed the hood shut. I always press down on my hoods to close them but I used to be a slammer and never got this issue. Maybe there was something like a hood light on the hood when a previous owner closed the hood?
Old 07-16-19, 10:44 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^Whenever I see someone slam a hood, I cringe Same for slamming doors

Lou
Old 07-17-19, 01:49 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider
^^^^Whenever I see someone slam a hood, I cringe Same for slamming doors

Lou
Me too. With one exception. The MkIV Supra's hood needs to drop from about 18" to close properly. The latch has two clicks to it. If you only get the first one, the hood looks closed, but it isn't. More than one owner has had the hood blow open and smash into the windshield/roof because they didn't close it hard enough.
The following users liked this post:
Manh3 (07-24-19)
Old 07-18-19, 09:22 AM
N3M35IS
Driver School Candidate

I decided to just pay to replace the headlights out of pocket. the 2nd dealership i took it to was willing to help me with the price of the repair and got it down to a point where we both thought was fair. i've had this weird feeling the 1st dealership that did my oil change isn't telling me something. i feel like something happened to my car when it was there and they just don't want to admit it or tell me. i was going to buy the lights and replace it myself but i would have to take it to lexus to have them code. after this whole deal i decided to invest in a dash cam. so if any of ya can recommend me a good one that would be awesome.
Old 07-18-19, 10:20 AM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

That's unfortunate regarding your situation. It would seem if others are having similar problems Lexus would have covered it.
OEM headlamps are definitely not cheap @ $3350.00 ea. I actually have a really good used set. Not sure what I am going to
do with them. Not a for sale post, but if someone locally needs a set let me know
Old 07-18-19, 01:21 PM
N3M35IS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by biggame
That's unfortunate regarding your situation. It would seem if others are having similar problems Lexus would have covered it.
OEM headlamps are definitely not cheap @ $3350.00 ea. I actually have a really good used set. Not sure what I am going to
do with them. Not a for sale post, but if someone locally needs a set let me know

lol, wish you could have posted this sooner. i might have bought it off of you before deciding to go with new ones
Old 07-18-19, 01:33 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by N3M35IS
lol, wish you could have posted this sooner. i might have bought it off of you before deciding to go with new ones
It always happens like that though, Right?