GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

Unofficial model year differences 16'-19'

Old 06-25-19, 07:02 AM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I am in the same boat, very very confused. I want to get a 17+ but dealers aren’t moving much. I am thinking to wait end of the year too, unless a great deal comes along.
i test drive this car and I am hooked.
Originally Posted by ThisOldNSX
Does any one know how much of a difference the adaptive suspension makes? Want to get a gsf and was wondering if the 2017+ was worth it over a 2016.
Old 06-25-19, 03:37 PM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by UZ214
I am in the same boat, very very confused. I want to get a 17+ but dealers aren’t moving much. I am thinking to wait end of the year too, unless a great deal comes along.
i test drive this car and I am hooked.
The different suspension makes very little difference in daily driving.

The different suspension was intended for improved track performance. The 17' and up use adaptive suspension which 'adapts' to the road and makes adjustment where necessary to improve track performance. This hardly makes a difference in daily driving when going over pot holes or bumps in the road.

Adaptive suspension is pretty much just the shocks automatically adjusting firmness to match road (track) conditions.

As far as which one is "better". It depends on the person. Some track enthusiasts like the fixed suspension versus an adaptive suspension and vice versa. For longevity. I'd imagine the fixed suspension would be better (2016) versus the 2017 and up GSF.
Old 02-20-20, 11:38 AM
dpmredwing
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F accent piece near side vents

When did that dark F badged accent piece near the side air vents get added to the GSF? I don't see it as an accessory option when I try to build out a GSF on the Lexus site. I've seen it on multiple used GSF cars for sale online and really like the look on certain colors. Is that an aftermarket accessory?

Last edited by dpmredwing; 02-20-20 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Needed to add more detail to my post
Old 09-23-20, 11:40 AM
madmantwo
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't yet own a GS F, so someone else needs to verify these. But it looks like there are also 2 key differences for the 2018+ vs. 2017:
  • In addition to the 10 year Enform subscription, the radio used to communicate with Enform is 4G on 2018+ models, meaning that remote start will continue to work after October 31, 2022: 3G Wireless Services Update (custhelp.com)
  • From the reading I've done, it looks like 2018+ models have a "Custom" mode in addition to Eco, Normal, Sport, Sport+. But I cannot confirm because I've never driven one, still shopping
Old 09-24-20, 11:12 AM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

I had a 2016 and now have a 2019. The 2016 is essentially the same car as the 2017 except for the adaptive suspension.

The complimentary 10-year Enform subscription for 2018+ model applies to ONLY the "Safety Connect" feature, which is just one of the three services (each service is $8 per month after free trial) offered by Enform: 1. Remote vehicle control/monitor, 2. Destination Assist, and 3. Safety Connect. The free Enform subscription for items #1 and #2 for 2018+ models will expire within ONE YEAR just like the pre-2018 model.

I haven't messed around with the 2019 enough and don't know about the custom mode. The controls and features are mostly identical between my 2016 and 2019. The 2019 has an additional brake auto hold feature and all-speed radar cruise control that I don't use anyway.

Ride quality wise, I actually prefer the my 2016 setup slightly more since it feels more like my old E60 M5. The adaptive suspension feels a tad cushier and gives me a slight nausea from time to time. It's still very nice overall.

I am going to keep the F for as long as I can so I prefer one that has lower mileage, is more rare, and in a better shape cosmetically. In that aspect, the 2019 wins.

Jon

Originally Posted by madmantwo
I don't yet own a GS F, so someone else needs to verify these. But it looks like there are also 2 key differences for the 2018+ vs. 2017:
  • In addition to the 10 year Enform subscription, the radio used to communicate with Enform is 4G on 2018+ models, meaning that remote start will continue to work after October 31, 2022: 3G Wireless Services Update (custhelp.com)
  • From the reading I've done, it looks like 2018+ models have a "Custom" mode in addition to Eco, Normal, Sport, Sport+. But I cannot confirm because I've never driven one, still shopping

Last edited by Baby ///M3; 09-24-20 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-24-20, 01:34 PM
madmantwo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
I had a 2016 and now have a 2019. The 2016 is essentially the same car as the 2017 except for the adaptive suspension.

The complimentary 10-year Enform subscription for 2018+ model applies to ONLY the "Safety Connect" feature, which is just one of the three services (each service is $8 per month after free trial) offered by Enform: 1. Remote vehicle control/monitor, 2. Destination Assist, and 3. Safety Connect. The free Enform subscription for items #1 and #2 for 2018+ models will expire within ONE YEAR just like the pre-2018 model.

I haven't messed around with the 2019 enough and don't know about the custom mode. The controls and features are mostly identical between my 2016 and 2019. The 2019 has an additional brake auto hold feature and all-speed radar cruise control that I don't use anyway.

Ride quality wise, I actually prefer the my 2016 setup slightly more since it feels more like my old E60 M5. The adaptive suspension feels a tad cushier and gives me a slight nausea from time to time. It's still very nice overall.

I am going to keep the F for as long as I can so I prefer one that has lower mileage, is more rare, and in a better shape cosmetically. In that aspect, the 2019 wins.

Jon
I wasn't talking about the expiration; I was referring to the fact that starting October 31, 2022 all 2016 and 2017 models will physically not be able to communicate with the Enform service due to 3G no longer being supported. Most people probably don't care about this, but I like the idea of being able to use remote start so I will probably look for a 2018+ model. The all-speed cruise control is a nice added bonus over previous years as well. Appreciate the input though, I've heard many people do prefer the suspension of the 2016. If I was getting this is a toy to mod like my old 335i I would definitely buy a cheap 2016 model, lower it on some nice coilovers, add a supercharger and exhaust and have a bad*** ride.
Old 09-24-20, 02:18 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes you were. You mentioned 10-year Enform subscription and I was responding to and clarifying your comments about the ten-year period, not the lack of support for the 3G service.

You can still remotely start a 2016 model so long as you're subscribed to the remote vehicle service, which is one of the three components offered by Enform. You won't be able to remotely start a used 2018 GSF unless it still has the subscription active. It has nothing to do with whether it's a 2016 or 2018 model or not.

Jon

Originally Posted by madmantwo
I wasn't talking about the expiration; I was referring to the fact that starting October 31, 2022 all 2016 and 2017 models will physically not be able to communicate with the Enform service due to 3G no longer being supported. Most people probably don't care about this, but I like the idea of being able to use remote start so I will probably look for a 2018+ model. The all-speed cruise control is a nice added bonus over previous years as well. Appreciate the input though, I've heard many people do prefer the suspension of the 2016. If I was getting this is a toy to mod like my old 335i I would definitely buy a cheap 2016 model, lower it on some nice coilovers, add a supercharger and exhaust and have a bad*** ride.
Old 09-24-20, 02:34 PM
madmantwo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Baby ///M3
Yes you were. You mentioned 10-year Enform subscription and I was responding to and clarifying your comments about the ten-year period, not the lack of support for the 3G service.

You can still remotely start a 2016 model so long as you're subscribed to the remote vehicle service, which is one of the three components offered by Enform. You won't be able to remotely start a used 2018 GSF unless it still has the subscription active. It has nothing to do with whether it's a 2016 or 2018 model or not.

Jon
Not trying to argue here but you didn't read the link I posted earlier: 3G Wireless Services Update (custhelp.com)

What is happening?
As wireless technology continues to evolve, telecommunications providers in North America are making significant changes to their legacy communications infrastructures and network capabilities. Certain telecommunications providers have elected to terminate 3G wireless services, which will impact available services for motor vehicles. This affects certain 2010-2018 Lexus Vehicles reliant on these 3G networks to provide Lexus Enform subscription services.

How does this impact Lexus vehicles?

As of October 31, 2022, at 11:59PM CST, the following available Lexus Enform subscription services will be terminated on select 2010-2018 vehicles:
  • Lexus Enform Safety Connect including Automatic Collision Notification, Enhanced Roadside Assistance, Emergency Assistance Button and Stolen Vehicle Locator
  • Lexus Enform Remote including Remote Engine Start/Stop, Door Lock/Unlock, Vehicle Finder, Guest Driver Monitor, Vehicle Status and Alerts, Key Fob Remote Start, and Integration with Alexa® and The Google Assistant
  • Lexus Enform Destination Assist including 24-hour live response center agent
  • Lexus Enform Service Connect including Vehicle Health Report, Vehicle Alerts, and Maintenance Alerts
Edit: I see what you mean now, but I wasn't trying to make a point about the Enform subscription. Couldn't care less. Just was trying to tack onto the differences mentioned at the top of this thread, which mention the 10-year subscription
Old 10-29-20, 06:26 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Updated for 2020, RIP GSF.
The following 2 users liked this post by TrevorR:
DJFrakis (11-03-20), GS3fiddy (12-13-20)
Old 11-02-20, 04:22 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

im looking for 2017+ gs f, my question is do 2017+ gs f come with adaptive cruise control and the 360 bird eye view?

Last edited by richard203; 11-02-20 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-02-20, 05:39 PM
dreamG
Pit Crew

Received 114 Likes on 40 Posts

I don’t think any GSF is equipped with the 360 camera. It would be awesome if that was made available.
The following users liked this post:
DJFrakis (11-03-20)
Old 11-14-20, 04:31 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 118 Likes on 104 Posts

oh ok. I was wondering do gsf front window and windshield have water repellent? Im comng from gs350 and the front window and windshield is water repellent from the factory.
Old 11-15-20, 11:33 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,837 Likes on 2,326 Posts

Yes, there is a coating on the glass, but it's not permanent. Over time it gets weak. I did a refresh with PPG Aquapel. It's pretty amazing and lasts a very long time too.
Old 03-24-21, 03:22 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

I can't for the life of me understand why Lexus did not include the "Brake Hold" feature in the GSF. My friend's GS350 has it.
Anyone else noticed this?

My user manual clearly states that this feature is only available in the other models, not the GSF.
Old 03-24-21, 04:13 AM
Fatbarney
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by designo
I can't for the life of me understand why Lexus did not include the "Brake Hold" feature in the GSF. My friend's GS350 has it.
Anyone else noticed this?

My user manual clearly states that this feature is only available in the other models, not the GSF.
the button you hit where the car will stay stopped even if you lift your foot off the brake? My 18' has it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Unofficial model year differences 16'-19'