GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

How often do you get compliments?

Old 03-15-18, 02:33 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by frugaldiva
I live in Houston and no one notices the GSF. I have seen a couple of GSF in my neighborhood. However, that's a different story with the GTR and Escalade. I get compliments on them all the time.
What area are you in? I'm up in Cypress Fairbanks/Jersey Village. Rarely see any GSF's around here. I only see them on the freeway once in awhile. Currently in a 2GS, but hoping to get into a 2016 GSF soon-ish.... stupid school loans.
Old 03-15-18, 05:34 PM
frugaldiva
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusK
What area are you in? I'm up in Cypress Fairbanks/Jersey Village. Rarely see any GSF's around here. I only see them on the freeway once in awhile. Currently in a 2GS, but hoping to get into a 2016 GSF soon-ish.... stupid school loans.
I'm around the Richmond/Sugar Land area. We are playing around the idea of selling our GSF around this summer.
Old 03-16-18, 07:24 AM
LexusK
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by frugaldiva
I'm around the Richmond/Sugar Land area. We are playing around the idea of selling our GSF around this summer.
Hmm. Color combo? Current mileage?
Old 03-16-18, 07:27 AM
Superman60
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Somebody is always saying nice car.
Old 03-16-18, 07:45 AM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jonez
Completely agree there with the attention factor, the GS F has been kept very close to the styling of the other Lexus models and just blends in to a lot of people, however even if the GS F stood out more, it wouldn't get the same reaction as a GTR.

Coming out of school, I just wanted something A to B and just drove a camry for many years, I would get a rare compliment once in a while, mostly for the rims or the custom headlights I built. Once I wanted something fun to drive and got the GS F, it's been an adjustment for me to get get used to the reactions and compliments, but it's fun to have a rare car that is subtle.
you have to remember GTR is also something that's had alot of media attention, so all the kids recognize them. Most people aren't going to be able to tell a GSF apart from a regular grandpa Lexus. The car enthusiasts who know the subtle design cues will though.

I was on the road and an older Ferrari was behind me. I saw him taking his phone out to snap a few pics. That's the subtle attention i like, not every 18 y/o teenager coming up to feed my ego because i bought a car they can only dream of.

That said, my exhaust and Novel body kit will be going on soon, so it'll be interesting to see if that yields any changes to the attention factor.
Old 03-16-18, 06:29 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by danwlee
you have to remember GTR is also something that's had alot of media attention, so all the kids recognize them. Most people aren't going to be able to tell a GSF apart from a regular grandpa Lexus. The car enthusiasts who know the subtle design cues will though.

I was on the road and an older Ferrari was behind me. I saw him taking his phone out to snap a few pics. That's the subtle attention i like, not every 18 y/o teenager coming up to feed my ego because i bought a car they can only dream of.

That said, my exhaust and Novel body kit will be going on soon, so it'll be interesting to see if that yields any changes to the attention factor.
Can't agree with you more. An 18 year old will dream of a GTR or a Ferrari, they will never dream of a GSF.
Old 03-16-18, 08:14 PM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

you doing headers as well? Would love to get some more sound clips of the full novel system
Old 03-18-18, 11:54 AM
TrevorR
Intermediate

Received 128 Likes on 91 Posts

Yesterday, I had my windows rolled down and some old guy (mid 60's I'm guessing) pulled up to me and said verbatim "Nice car you got there, man." Caught me off guard because I drive around oblivious to my surroundings/other people.

So in the 5 months I've had my GSF, got 1 so far, ha! Maybe some people have looked at my car but I don't really pay attention to who's looking. I drive the car like I drive my Rx350, seems narcissistic to pay attention to who's checking out your ride....
The following users liked this post:
RC51TOFUMA (03-19-18)
Old 05-21-18, 08:27 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Driving home from work today in somewhat heavy traffic, a SUV changed lanes suddenly in front of me.... Then I notice her just looking in the side view mirror. She ended up looking at the car a little too long and rear ended the car in front of her... I suppose that could be a compliment... Will check the dashcam for the video tom.
Old 05-23-18, 02:05 AM
designo
Pole Position

Received 446 Likes on 283 Posts

No one has really complimented me on my GSF yet. No one really cares because it's just another stupid Lexus sedan.
No one really cares what's under the hood either.

I have owned an M5 in the past and the same thing applied back then.

The only car I ever owned that got me compliments was the C63 AMG. People used to look at it's glossy black paint, and it's black wheels and say 'nice benz there buddy"... even the chicks dug it big time.
Old 05-23-18, 01:17 PM
Miznthrope
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I really dig the stealth performance and look of our GS Fs. I bought it for me and, even though I am due for a mid-life crisis, I don’t want my ride to show I am having one! Haha!

peace all
Old 05-23-18, 10:48 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

...That said, my exhaust and Novel body kit will be going on soon, so it'll be interesting to see if that yields any changes to the attention factor.
are those pieces installed, and if so, any pics yet? Thx.
Old 05-24-18, 02:53 PM
danwlee
Driver

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
I have the exhaust installed, but the Novel Kit isn't yet. It's arriving tomorrow!
Old 05-25-18, 05:45 PM
danwlee
Driver

Originally Posted by 1BlinkGone
Arrived today... they're not on yet, but here's a preview.

Old 05-26-18, 09:46 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah nice mock up with the parts! Slurp! Thanks! Very nice pieces.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How often do you get compliments?