GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

How often do you get compliments?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-18, 03:15 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by drgrant
In MA LS/GS are relatively rare, and any F cars are what I would call ridiculously rare. I've only ever seen one RCF, one GSF, and two ISF in the span of like a year or so. Then again I don't spend a metric ton of time where all the money is, either. (In North Shore or MetroWorst / 95 southern leg regions the numbers would probably increase. ) In contrast, RX-anything might as well grow on trees around here though. You go to an average lex dealer in MA and 60% of the vehicles being serviced are some kind of RX. As far as the sedans go its probably a weird split between IS and ES in this state, although I would say IS350s are kinda rare, 8 out of 10 times its more likely to be a 250. I drive like 400+ miles a week commuting plus other stuff, and it is rare that I even see another GS other than the one I'm riding in.

If you're driving an F-car, your "effective rarity level" is probably not far from a Ferrari or Lambo in this state.

-Mike

I definitely agree with the last part...
Old 02-20-18, 07:19 AM
danwlee
Driver

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA

I definitely agree with the last part...
While F cars are rare, they're ultimately just submodels of the Lexus make while Ferrari's and Lambo's as a make is rare in itself. I do get what you're saying, but to 95% of people, F cars are just another Lexus on the road. Only the hardcore fans will even be able to distinguish.
The following users liked this post:
finny76 (03-10-18)
Old 03-02-18, 08:48 PM
SKUM
Rookie

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I was just talking to my friend about rarely I ever see any F's over here in Massachusetts.

If you've seen a white RC-F on Circuit Red around Quincy/Braintree it was probably me!

I just got rid of my RC-F and 2014 LS460L for a 2018 Land Cruiser. I'll be picking up a 2016 USB/CR GS-F next week.

Let's get together some time or link up somehow?
Old 03-03-18, 05:56 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Received 103 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by SKUM
I was just talking to my friend about rarely I ever see any F's over here in Massachusetts.

If you've seen a white RC-F on Circuit Red around Quincy/Braintree it was probably me!

I just got rid of my RC-F and 2014 LS460L for a 2018 Land Cruiser. I'll be picking up a 2016 USB/CR GS-F next week.

Let's get together some time or link up somehow?
congrats on the new GS F. What dealership are you going through if you don’t mind? I dealt with a few dealerships before I got mine from Northborough.

and definitely we should do a meet. I saw you post in the Northeast regional forums Massachusetts thread, there’s at least 10 other guys in there who’d be willing to meet up as well. Once it warms up, road salt goes away and I can clay bar, polish a few areas, throw on a new coat of wax and get my new wheels on I’ll be ready to go.

Last edited by jonez; 03-03-18 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-03-18, 06:25 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Interesting responses in here about other people’s reactions or lack thereof where they live. People definitely recognize it’s not just a normal Lexus in Massachusetts. I was at an intersection the other day and a guy in an accord did a triple take as he drove by and 2 kids in a parking lot standing next to their mustangs stopped talking and stared as I started it and took off. Maybe I’m just more self aware of people around me and notice their reactions.

I do agree our cars look like another Lexus but the two main things that distinguish our cars are the brembo’s size/color and our headlights (i know GS’s could upgrade from HIDs to our LEDs but they’re rare). Funny enough someone saw the new black panther movie and mistook the new LS for my GS F... the headlights do look very similar.
Old 03-03-18, 01:23 PM
SKUM
Rookie

Originally Posted by jonez

congrats on the new GS F. What dealership are you going through if you don’t mind? I dealt with a few dealerships before I got mine from Northborough.

and definitely we should do a meet. I saw you post in the Northeast regional forums Massachusetts thread, there’s at least 10 other guys in there who’d be willing to meet up as well. Once it warms up, road salt goes away and I can clay bar, polish a few areas, throw on a new coat of wax and get my new wheels on I’ll be ready to go.

I normally go through Hingham, have used them since they were still Norwell. They don’t want anything to do with the RC-F or GS-F so I’m actually picking up the GS-F from Benz of New Rochelle in New York. Watertown didn’t want to give me a good deal on their 3000 mile demo unit.

I’m always down to do something! My F is going straight to the shop for a full correction and ceramic coating first heh

Old 03-03-18, 02:39 PM
jonez
Pit Crew

I normally go through Hingham, have used them since they were still Norwell. They don’t want anything to do with the RC-F or GS-F so I’m actually picking up the GS-F from Benz of New Rochelle in New York. Watertown didn’t want to give me a good deal on their 3000 mile demo unit.

I’m always down to do something! My F is going straight to the shop for a full correction and ceramic coating first heh

Cool sounds good, I'm always down for something as well. I go on cruises every few weekends when the weather is nice and the roads are better. I used to have a great place to take photos just west of Orange, MA but the gravel road has washed out.

Funny you should mention that, i went to hingham and watertown as well. I talked with Hingham first but they wouldn't come down much on the price. I set up appointments to go into northborough and watertown next, but i never made it to watertown as northborough made sure i didn't leave without selling me the car

I definitely want to see pictures of it when it's done! My new wheels will arrive in about a month and then I'll post some pictures once they're on
Old 03-03-18, 09:26 PM
SKUM
Rookie

Cool sounds good, I'm always down for something as well. I go on cruises every few weekends when the weather is nice and the roads are better. I used to have a great place to take photos just west of Orange, MA but the gravel road has washed out.

Funny you should mention that, i went to hingham and watertown as well. I talked with Hingham first but they wouldn't come down much on the price. I set up appointments to go into northborough and watertown next, but i never made it to watertown as northborough made sure i didn't leave without selling me the car

I definitely want to see pictures of it when it's done! My new wheels will arrive in about a month and then I'll post some pictures once they're on
To be honest, I'm going to be dailying the hell out of this car, especially with the 8 year 100k extended warranty.

I'm pretty close with Hingham and they told me they blew out their last GS-F for dirt cheap (dealer cash), I would've been all over it but it just wasn't the right color combo (I believe it was Liquid Platinum or Atomic Silver).

I should be picking it up on Tuesday so I'll definitely have some pictures up, if you're on any of the Facebook groups for GS/RC you'll see me posting there as well.
Old 03-04-18, 04:39 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

At my age, I receive very few compliments.
Old 03-07-18, 10:14 PM
jonez
Pit Crew

I should be picking it up on Tuesday so I'll definitely have some pictures up, if you're on any of the Facebook groups for GS/RC you'll see me posting there as well.
What group are you in?

Originally Posted by ECL
At my age, I receive very few compliments.
Perhaps not verbal compliments but if you ever catch someone staring or making a double take at your car, that's a compliment in a sense
Old 03-08-18, 11:02 PM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

What group are you in?

Perhaps not verbal compliments but if you ever catch someone staring or making a double take at your car, that's a compliment in a sense
Double takes and staring are most definitely compliments. Add rolling videos, rolling car shots, thumbs up, requests for WOT pulls, and quick interviews at the gas station, car meets, and parking lots. Driving a GTR for 5 years now has made me very used to all of that.

For attention factor, I would rate my experience with the GTR as a 7 in a scale of 1-10, specially with young males. I would rate the GSF (and with ISF) as a 2 at most in comparison..
Old 03-09-18, 06:27 AM
jonez
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Autobacs
For attention factor, I would rate my experience with the GTR as a 7 in a scale of 1-10, specially with young males. I would rate the GSF (and with ISF) as a 2 at most in comparison..
Completely agree there with the attention factor, the GS F has been kept very close to the styling of the other Lexus models and just blends in to a lot of people, however even if the GS F stood out more, it wouldn't get the same reaction as a GTR.

Coming out of school, I just wanted something A to B and just drove a camry for many years, I would get a rare compliment once in a while, mostly for the rims or the custom headlights I built. Once I wanted something fun to drive and got the GS F, it's been an adjustment for me to get get used to the reactions and compliments, but it's fun to have a rare car that is subtle.
Old 03-09-18, 08:41 AM
Autobacs
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Completely agree there with the attention factor, the GS F has been kept very close to the styling of the other Lexus models and just blends in to a lot of people, however even if the GS F stood out more, it wouldn't get the same reaction as a GTR.

Coming out of school, I just wanted something A to B and just drove a camry for many years, I would get a rare compliment once in a while, mostly for the rims or the custom headlights I built. Once I wanted something fun to drive and got the GS F, it's been an adjustment for me to get get used to the reactions and compliments, but it's fun to have a rare car that is subtle.
I can tell you that I find it completely satisfying to drive the GS-F, even without the attention of driving the GTR. It's not comparable to the GTR, and vice versa, so I enjoy each for its own merits.

To me, the GS-F is a car with class, luxury, sportiness, and reliability, all rolled into one, that I could drive all day!
Old 03-09-18, 09:46 PM
ELITEGSF
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TrevorR
I live in the DC area, none whatsoever. No looks either and not even from the ricer crowd that always lurks in my area every friday and saturday night.

I have yet to see a GSF but have seen a couple RCFs and quite frankly, the GSF looks like a regular GS to the majority of people. There are TONS of GS here.

And to be honest, I kinda like being low key fast.
Hey TrevorR i am in southern MD and get looks all the time we should meet up sometime!
Old 03-10-18, 03:50 PM
frugaldiva
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I live in Houston and no one notices the GSF. I have seen a couple of GSF in my neighborhood. However, that's a different story with the GTR and Escalade. I get compliments on them all the time.

Quick Reply: How often do you get compliments?