GS F (2016-present) Discussion topics related to the GS F model

LED Gsf des

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-17, 04:55 PM
gsfdream
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts
Question LED Gsf des

I have a question about the gsf led headlights no im not sure if its just me but i think i notice the headlights adjusting themselves up and down while driving at night. I noticed that when im in alot of traffic they aim very low and then when im in my alley with little lights it seems like they go up and shoot higher and illuminate more.
Does anyone have more info on this system?
I have seen in the owners manual where they talk about the AFS system but that is for turning the light left or right depending on the steering angle it says nothing regards the self up and down adjustment and how it works.
Any info would be great.
Old 09-03-17, 09:31 AM
tsongdds
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

That is just your auto high beam function turning on and off. If it detects that there is not a car in front of you or coming from the opposite direction, it automatically turns on the high beam. You have to turn "on" the auto high beam function and also have your headlight stalk on high beam setting to have that function though. You can also turn it off if you don't like it. Look in the owners manual regarding auto high beam functionality.
Old 09-03-17, 04:44 PM
gsfdream
Driver

Originally Posted by tsongdds
That is just your auto high beam function turning on and off. If it detects that there is not a car in front of you or coming from the opposite direction, it automatically turns on the high beam. You have to turn "on" the auto high beam function and also have your headlight stalk on high beam setting to have that function though. You can also turn it off if you don't like it. Look in the owners manual regarding auto high beam functionality.
I have my automatic high beams off, so it cannot be that.
Old 09-03-17, 08:52 PM
NextLevelG
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The headlights definitely do adjust up and down. You will notice at night right when you start they move up and down to adjust every time you start the car. Weather they adjust up when driving, I don't know but I wouldn't think that they would move at all once they self adjust at startup.
Old 09-10-17, 10:15 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

If you don't mind my asking did you try the CTS-V (not V Sport, but full on V)? And what knocked the Cadillac out of contention?

As for the slow shifts on GS F, did you have it on Sport+, full attack mode on TVD and nannies turned off? Makes a difference...The intelligent shift algorithms will also react to how hard your pushing it.
Old 09-11-17, 09:46 AM
gsfdream
Driver

Originally Posted by NewSpace
If you don't mind my asking did you try the CTS-V (not V Sport, but full on V)? And what knocked the Cadillac out of contention?

As for the slow shifts on GS F, did you have it on Sport+, full attack mode on TVD and nannies turned off? Makes a difference...The intelligent shift algorithms will also react to how hard your pushing it.
THE cts v was my number one car pick but they are way overpriced. Even on the used market the ones speced out how i wanted it was like 87k and thats way to much for me.
But i did drive them and the power is insane