GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

High mileage GS450H

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-17, 01:55 AM
mirto
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys. I think they put the fire extinguisher there to take pictures. It wasn't present during my test drive. What really amazes me with this car is how compact it feels when you drive it. It's not a small car, but it's very nimble. I don't have much driving experience with the newer E-class and Audi A6, but the old E class (my father had one) felt like a boat. I wish I could buy the F-sport, but I'd have to pay more for less options and tire noise inside the cabin was very noticeable sadly (might've been bad tires though). 19" tires, especially all season ones, are also overpriced over here.

Last edited by mirto; 10-22-17 at 02:20 AM.
Old 10-22-17, 03:09 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Beautiful ride mirto! It looks almost exactly like mine, except the rims of course. Hope you can get that smell out of the vehicle as well!

I'm sure you're going to really enjoy the car as you learn about the smart "little things" that Lexus has done to go above & beyond.

Please keep the 4GS hybrid subforum updated on your vehicle, since you have one of the higher mileage hybrids on clublexus.

All the best,

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 10-22-17, 03:40 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Beautiful car! Congratulations!!
Old 10-22-17, 05:20 PM
webra
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats! There are fans of the GS hybrid out there, albeit in small numbers. I know someone who owns one each of the GS450h, in 3GS and 4GS forms!
Old 10-23-17, 05:37 AM
mirto
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys, I can't wait to collect it. The interior of the car is without a single scratch or flaw, so I'm very happy about that. The front has a couple of stone chippings, but I can live with it. They'll try to cover it up as good as they can. but it'll be visible of course. I'm not going to spend 86000 euros to get a flawless car

@Im2bz2p345: I didn't buy the stinking car It had the safety pack (I'll really miss adaptive CC) and the tan leather was looking great, but it was 3200 euros more expensive and it really stinks.

The GS450h is a unique presence here, the President Line is extremely hard to get. At that retail price 99% of the people here just buy a German. So I'm very glad I could get one for a reasonable price. You know what I loved most? The adjustable side bolsters! I can create my own sport seats! It's the little things that matter I would've loved the F-sport front bumper though.
Old 03-10-19, 04:01 PM
JC1306
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello guys, another new user from the Netherlands here. I just stumbled upon this thread and I think the "stinky" car is the one I bought. Mirto, did you buy yours in Breda? It took some elbow grease, a professional cleaning of the climate control system and liberal application of Sonax Smoke-ex but after two weeks the smell was gone. I have asthma so my tolerance for smoke is really, really low but I got it out for 99.9%. Sometimes when the car has been sitting in the sun for a long time you still get a hint of the smell but hey, in the Netherlands we rarely have long periods of sunshine anyway. The Nano-e system also helps a lot.

I've now had this car for a year and I'm almost at 80K miles. I had just one issue right at the beginning: the car vibrated when braking gently. Turns out it was the brake discs, maybe the previous owner kept the brakes applied when the discs were hot so material from the pads got embedded and caused uneven wear. I contacted the dealer and they apologized, picked up the car at my office, replaced the discs under warranty and brought the car back. Now that's what I call service. Sidenote: as it turns out the discs are larger than the standard ones, has anyone ever heard of a GS with modified brakes? Other than this the GS meets and exceeds all expectations. It's comfortable, quiet, reliable and plenty fast when it needs to be. At first my colleagues were smirking and joking "it's just another Toyota" but taking them along for a ride quickly put an end to that. One of them tried to pull ahead of me at a traffic light in his Audi A4, they key word being "tried". Afterwards I told him "Maybe I'll take it out of eco mode next time, should be a bit faster then."

All in all I'm very happy with this car. As mirto said it's one of the rarer luxury cars over here but that's just fine with me, I don't mind being one of the "happy few".

Jarno