We sell them often

www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 03-19-19, 11:08 AM
06ls430KTC
Intermediate

Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
We sell them often

Thank you. I sent you an email with a few questions.
Old 04-02-19, 05:45 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,450 Posts

I installed the rear luxury seats yesterday. The rear seat bottom is held down by two white clips/pin, just yank up in the location of the clips. The rear seat back is held down by 4 bolts and 2 pins. Just take the bolts off and pull up.
Also the car has the wiring harness for the rear seat controls. I just have to install the ac amplifier(already have it, just needs to be installed) from the 3 zone climate control to enable it.

My 450h doesn't have the rear seat pass through so I has to swap the middle part of the backrest onto the new one.

The following 3 users liked this post by peasodos:
AJLex19 (04-02-19), Stewart350 (06-05-19), viperr (04-02-19)
Old 04-02-19, 06:46 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,604 Likes on 1,022 Posts

Looks great, peasodos!
Old 04-02-19, 08:20 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Is there a reason you switched out the entire rear seats? Are the lux ones different from fsport? Do you have to yank up pretty hard? If I have a cable there I’d be interested in adding 3 zone too
Old 04-02-19, 08:30 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by baconRx
Is there a reason you switched out the entire rear seats? Are the lux ones different from fsport? Do you have to yank up pretty hard? If I have a cable there I’d be interested in adding 3 zone too
The lux rear seats are semi aniline, softer leather than the standard or f-sport seats, that's why I swapped everything. Even if you are just installing the rear seat controls you still have to remove the rear seats.
Do you have to yank up pretty hard? yes for the seat bottom, just at the location of the two white clips in the pics I posted before.

I have the wiring and the controls for the rear seats without the heated seat buttons. I purchased this some time ago before I got the lux seats. I no longer need them now. If your interested PM me.

The other thing you need for the 3 zone climate control is the AC amplifier from the GS with 3 zone climate. PM me I can help you find the part numbers. The AC amplifier is located behind the glove box, you have to remove it and swap the unit out.

See this Russian blog post, translate to English with google chrome, I would not have done this mod if it wasn't for this guy:
https://www.drive2.ru/l/453730791583645921/

Last edited by peasodos; 04-02-19 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-02-19, 09:35 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Looks like a very professional job, I am sure it was still a PIA at certain parts. These kind of projects always are but you got the best of both worlds now.

I actually had a dream last night where I traded in my GS Luxury for another one I thought was just like mine at the same place I got mine because of some issue with the key/starting and drove it home at night, the next morning I started to think I did not research it enough and might not have even got a Luxury or one with all the options I had and it had a lot more miles on it. I looked at the car in the day harder and started noticing all kinds of problems, a bad front end that was not painted, in the interior it did not have several options I had like heated steering wheel, headlight washers, no sunroof but some kind of opening located farther back, front seats were light grey alcantara which I thought might be kind of cool but I just started noticing all kinds of issues and got so mad, then I woke up.
Old 04-02-19, 10:10 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Hmm is it possible to add heated to the rear seats too? I suppose I should pull up my seats and check the wiring is all there to work first lol
Old 04-02-19, 10:36 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm is it possible to add heated to the rear seats too? I suppose I should pull up my seats and check the wiring is all there to work first lol
The plug for the harness is already there it's all the way on the left passenger side corner of the backrest. It's plugged into a blank slot in the backrest.

The only way to get the heated seats is to buy a use rear lux seats or rig up some aftermarket seat heaters.
Old 04-02-19, 10:41 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Guess you gotta helps me find some black lux seats in the back lol
Old 04-02-19, 10:43 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Guess you gotta helps me find some black lux seats in the back lol
car-parts.com to search all the junk yards in the USA,
Old 04-02-19, 11:15 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Originally Posted by peasodos
The plug for the harness is already there it's all the way on the left passenger side corner of the backrest. It's plugged into a blank slot in the backrest.

The only way to get the heated seats is to buy a use rear lux seats or rig up some aftermarket seat heaters.
so that white plug just needs to be unplugged and plugged into the rear control harness?
Old 04-02-19, 11:17 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

so that white plug just needs to be unplugged and plugged into the rear control harness?
Correct. Stock it's just plugged into a blank slot to keep it safe.

Just like the HUD retrofit, Lexus was smart and prewired all the the cars for these options, regardless of what was ordered from the factory.

Last edited by peasodos; 04-02-19 at 11:21 AM.
Old 04-02-19, 01:45 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

shoulda just switched out the front to GSF seats lol
GSF/RCF seats are poop compared to GS350 seats... not sure why they went "backwards". It's to the extent where I have been trying to figure out if anyone planted GS seats in either of those
cars...

-Mike
Old 05-06-19, 09:36 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

I installed the front 18 way lux passenger seat today, happy to report everything works, it's plug and play!
Just 4 bolts and 3 connectors.

I sat/adjusted the lux passenger seat to my liking, then sat on my standard drivers seat. The lux seat is much more comfortable. The standard seats feel harder compared to the lux. Definitely worth the upgrade, especially once I recoupe most of the cost selling my standard seats. The semi-aniline leather feels noticeably softer compared to the harder leather on the standard seats.

I took out my driver's seat but had to swap the lower frame between the seats. The seats I got came out of an AWD GS and the front mounting point next to the center console for the driver seat different. Took me 40 minutes to do the swap, figuring things out my first time.

AWD driver seat lower frame removed.

AWD mounting point angled inward, regular GS is straight.

My original subframe installed on the 18 way lux driver seat.

I'll take pics when I finish the install tomorrow.

Last edited by peasodos; 05-06-19 at 10:10 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by peasodos:
AJLex19 (05-07-19), lexus4jess (01-31-24)

Quick Reply: Upgrading seats to semi aniline Luxury Mod