GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Upgrading seats to semi aniline Luxury Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-22, 02:44 PM
giel007
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
clips, screws, it's obvious when you take the backrest off and look at it. No cutting.
@peasodos
I have two cars one 2013 gs450 and another 2014 gs350 f sport with red interior. My 450 has 10 way adjustable front seats while f sport has 16 way adjustable driver seat. Can you confirm swap is plug and play or I will need some re wiring or coding ?

Last edited by giel007; 01-06-22 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-06-22, 05:54 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by giel007
@peasodos
I have two cars one 2013 gs450 and another 2014 gs350 f sport with red interior. My 450 has 10 way adjustable front seats while f sport has 16 way adjustable driver seat. Can you confirm swap is plug and play or I will need some re wiring or coding ?
Not sure if the f-sport is a direct swap, but the 450h is. I've seen cases like the power trunk, or headlights were the f-spot is just missing wires on harnesses to make it plug and play. You end up having to look at wiring diagrams and make the connections.
Old 01-28-24, 11:39 PM
GS350LuxuryFsport
8th Gear

Default It has to be something simple!?!?

Guys I need some help. I posted this thread ..
Help give my F sport a Luxury Pkg! - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion
...and was directed to this one. After full swap out of my passenger seat, passenger door panel, and full passenger door harness (from the large door hinge plug running to all door component plugs) 2013 GS Luxury to my 2015 GS F my front 18 way seat works, but the passenger memory button console doesn't. Today, I went back into the doors again and swapped out the door computer box (which is what I guess y'all are calling the door MPX? Is that the same as the door ECU?) at the top left of the door that the 3 large plugs go into. Even though it was the exact same part number on my 2013 and 2015 I had hopes that it would solve the issue, but it didn't. @peasodos you were able to buy the memory button console and hard wire it in yourself and get the memory buttons to work. I have an OEM full door harness and can't get mine to work. What could it possibly be!?!?

Also, with your rear seat control panel you said the rear shade button, heated seats, and audio controls worked right when you plugged it up, but not the climate control, so you bought a new AC amplifier and it all works. With mine, the rear console doesn't even power up. Like you said, the big rectangle white plug was under the rear passenger seat coming out of the rear door sill and it all plugged right up. I don't have heated rear seats, but the rear shade button and audio controls don't work and of course the climate controls don't work either, because it doesn't even power up. Will swapping out the AC amplifier get it to power up or is this something else? It's acting like my car system doesn't even know I have these new features. Did you do something with an OBDII or Techstream to get the main ECU to recognize everything?

Finally, the most time sensitive, I need to swap out the AC amplifiers before the car is hauled off and I can't find it. I dropped the glovebox and see several electrical boxes, but don't know which one it is. Does anybody have pic of the location? Also, will that effect anything with format on the monitor, as I noticed my 2015 format is a little different than the 2013.

@peasodos you sound very knowledgeable and like a mechanic or electrician and I can't hold a candle to you or the Russians! I work in medical devices sales and can do anything with my hands (replaced 2 front seats, front armrest, console side leather panels, rear seat, 4 door panels, front passenger wiring harness which included removing door handle, 2 rear side shades which included the window frame bar and triangle windows), but know nothing about electronics, as you can tell by me not knowing the difference in an MPX and ECU and I sure don't understand the pic of the door wiring harness you posted. Please keep this in mind in your response and dumb it down for me.

I'll take suggestions from anyone, especially if you have been through it... @DeneAlex@baconRx and @IntrinoX Thanks you!
Old 01-29-24, 01:54 PM
DeneAlex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350LuxuryFsport
...and was directed to this one. After full swap out of my passenger seat, passenger door panel, and full passenger door harness (from the large door hinge plug running to all door component plugs) 2013 GS Luxury to my 2015 GS F my front 18 way seat works, but the passenger memory button console doesn't. Today, I went back into the doors again and swapped out the door computer box (which is what I guess y'all are calling the door MPX? Is that the same as the door ECU?) at the top left of the door that the 3 large plugs go into. Even though it was the exact same part number on my 2013 and 2015 I had hopes that it would solve the issue, but it didn't. @peasodos you were able to buy the memory button console and hard wire it in yourself and get the memory buttons to work. I have an OEM full door harness and can't get mine to work. What could it possibly be!?!?

Also, with your rear seat control panel you said the rear shade button, heated seats, and audio controls worked right when you plugged it up, but not the climate control, so you bought a new AC amplifier and it all works. With mine, the rear console doesn't even power up. Like you said, the big rectangle white plug was under the rear passenger seat coming out of the rear door sill and it all plugged right up. I don't have heated rear seats, but the rear shade button and audio controls don't work and of course the climate controls don't work either, because it doesn't even power up. Will swapping out the AC amplifier get it to power up or is this something else? It's acting like my car system doesn't even know I have these new features. Did you do something with an OBDII or Techstream to get the main ECU to recognize everything?

Finally, the most time sensitive, I need to swap out the AC amplifiers before the car is hauled off and I can't find it. I dropped the glovebox and see several electrical boxes, but don't know which one it is. Does anybody have pic of the location? Also, will that effect anything with format on the monitor, as I noticed my 2015 format is a little different than the 2013.

@peasodos you sound very knowledgeable and like a mechanic or electrician and I can't hold a candle to you or the Russians! I work in medical devices sales and can do anything with my hands (replaced 2 front seats, front armrest, console side leather panels, rear seat, 4 door panels, front passenger wiring harness which included removing door handle, 2 rear side shades which included the window frame bar and triangle windows), but know nothing about electronics, as you can tell by me not knowing the difference in an MPX and ECU and I sure don't understand the pic of the door wiring harness you posted. Please keep this in mind in your response and dumb it down for me.

I'll take suggestions from anyone, especially if you have been through it... @DeneAlex@baconRx and @IntrinoX Thanks you!
hey,
looks like you lack some wiring. Unfortunately, as we have figured out with a buddy of mine even cars produced almost same time can have different wiring. Lexus tries to save money and sometimes puts different harnesses with extra or lacking wires for certain features that are not stock in the car. For example, my 2014 F sport car had some wiring for the back seat controls and his didn’t, etc. your best strategy is to carefully keen wiring diagrams and figure out, what is missing.

Also, I remember that the memory seats the seat ecu has to be connected to the door switch. You don’t need to swap door mpx.
Old 02-01-24, 02:28 PM
Wanitive
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I haven't done this swap, so this might not be helpful at all, but have you tried initializing the passenger seat?

Old 02-02-24, 06:00 PM
GS350LuxuryFsport
8th Gear

Wanitive I think you are on to something! I know my wiring is correct, so it has to be something simple like this, but are you sure this is for the GS350 (2013 or 2015)? After doing steps 1, 2, & 3 it does beep, but after step 4 it does not beep as it should. I tried it on the driver seat that the memory seat buttons do work and had the same result. I Googled "Lexus GS350 Initialization of front memory seat ECU" and there's a ton of nhtsa.gov sites and TSBsearch.com sites, but you have to download each one to see if it's for the GS or not. They were all for LS IS or RC, so after an hour I gave up looking for the GS. The IS I found is the exact pic and same pattern as the one you sent ( bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=907ac9fe7f7413c4JmltdHM9MTcwNjgzMjAwMCZpZ3VpZD0zZjNkMmZhMS1lNGU3LTYzMDQtMmUwYi0zY2QyZTU5OTYyY2YmaW5zaWQ9NTI1MQ&ptn=3&ver=2&hsh=3&fclid=3f3d2fa1-e4e7-6304-2e0b-3cd2e59962cf&psq=lexus+initialization+of+front+memory+seat+ECU&u=a1aHR0cHM6Ly9zdGF0aWMubmh0c2EuZ292L29kaS90c2JzLzIwMTMvTUMtMTAwNjIzNjYtMjI3My5wZGY&ntb=1 ), but with each model the button patterns are different, so I have a feeling the steps may be different for the GS. Please double check for the GS. You are definitely on to something- this has to be it! Thank you!
Old 02-02-24, 06:04 PM
Wanitive
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

are you sure this is for the GS350 (2013 or 2015)?
I am sure that the pic I shared is NOT from a GS, but I thought the procedure was the same.

I did it on my car once to try to solve a different issue I am having - it didn't solve the issue, but it did do what the guide I was following said it was supposed to do. I don't remember if the one I shared is the same thing that I followed though. I'll keep looking and see if I can find the one I used (if it wasn't that).

ETA:

Here is the one that I actually followed, which seems to be the same thing just written in a way that makes it much easier to follow. It is also not for a GS but for an ES, but it's my understanding that it's the same for all Toy/Lex seats; I could definitely be wrong though.

Spoiler

Last edited by Wanitive; 02-02-24 at 06:13 PM. Reason: ETA other guide
Old 02-05-24, 08:23 AM
PursuitofPerfection
1st Gear

I have a 2013 GS350 w/ Cold Weather package but NOT the luxury package aka semi-line leather rear seats. I purchased a new AC amplifier Part Number 88650-30P71 along with the rear console controls WITHOUT the heated seat buttons. I also purchased the wire I thought was needed Part number 82176-30010. I have removed my rear seats and scoured everywhere but it appears my car was NOT pre-wired for the rear console controls. @peasodos what can I do to make this set-up work? I noticed in one of your older posts you had the parts I mentioned along with a second wire Part number ending in 30060C (couldn't see the full part number in the picture). Any advice??
Old 02-13-24, 12:02 AM
kevindinh99
5th Gear

Originally Posted by DeneAlex
Thank you so much!
Hi! I'm doing the same mod, can you please tell me how did you get the wiring harness diagram from? I can't see the image at all ...
Old 04-27-24, 06:59 AM
Remikgiusz
3rd Gear

Default Ok

Originally Posted by peasodos

I think these are what you need:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-GS350...-/264276328724
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEXUS-GS350...-/264276328724

Not sure if the one ending in 80 or 70 is left or right or if either works.
Originally Posted by Fifkers
You are right. Finally the seller has sent the modules to me and now the seats are complete
I live in Europe, my lexus was imported from US and there appears a new problem... One plug under my passenger seat does not match the plug in the european Lux p​​​​​​assenger seat. There are 3 plugs in the car- yellow, white and grey. The grey one does not match the plug in the new seat. On the passenger side it has 6 wires while the plug in the lux seat has only two wires, two pins.
Anybody know what the grey plug is for and why is the difference in american and european GS?

​​​​​

Hey, you managed to solve this problem?
​​​​​​?
Old 04-27-24, 11:07 AM
DeneAlex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

You can lookup diagrams and wiring differences here

http://zatonevkredit.ru/schemes/