Pole Position

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

This is badass.
Old 09-24-19, 05:23 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Then I have the AC amplifier you need for 3 zone climate control/heated seats. If your interested I'll let it go for $110 including shipping. I'm going to put it up for sale soon.
very tempting...but i'm not sure i'll ever find the seats. have you been able to sell your old seats yet?
Old 09-24-19, 05:30 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,227 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by baconRx
very tempting...but i'm not sure i'll ever find the seats. have you been able to sell your old seats yet?
Nope the people that want it don't want to make the trip to get it. I have them all listed on eBay for $500, still no takers yet.
Old 09-24-19, 05:33 PM
baconRx
Instructor

i'd be willing to drive a good bit if i could find a set. although with winter coming the locations where i might find them might be hard to get to soon...is there any parts network other than car-part?
Old 09-24-19, 07:49 PM
drgrant
Instructor

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Definitely am a big fan of the Flaxen interior...I just don't understand why Lexus went with such a hard seat on the base/premium versions. The seats in the 3GS were the same supple awesomeness regardless of trim - GS300, GS430, GS350, GS460, GS hybrid. The 3GS seats are softer and more luxurious than the base/premium 4GS seats.

Well done - this is one pricey mod that is worth every penny since we often forget that we spend most of the time sitting in the car - adjust-ability and comfort are important!
I dunno I like the 4GS seats, even stock, but it would be nice to have more options.

The only Lexus seats that consistently seem to drive me nuts, is I wonder why the hell the GSF has seats that seem to be worse than the GS's seats, etc. It's kind of bizarre. Way more people complain about the GSF/RCF seats.

-Mike
Old 09-25-19, 12:22 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by drgrant
I dunno I like the 4GS seats, even stock, but it would be nice to have more options.

The only Lexus seats that consistently seem to drive me nuts, is I wonder why the hell the GSF has seats that seem to be worse than the GS's seats, etc. It's kind of bizarre. Way more people complain about the GSF/RCF seats.

-Mike
For the heck of it I looked at GS 450h's for sale in japan and there are so many and most are fully loaded, hard to find one without the luxury package. Here in the USA 450h is hard to find and a lux one is like a needle in a haystack.

Seems like for some reason cars outside the USA generally have more options and dealerships here mainly just order the base models. I was looking for an ES for my girlfriend with the ultra luxury package(semi aniline leather, rear sunshades and some other goodies) and that's even more rare than the lux package for the GS.
Old 10-03-19, 05:17 PM
baconRx
Instructor

For the heck of it I looked at GS 450h's for sale in japan and there are so many and most are fully loaded, hard to find one without the luxury package. Here in the USA 450h is hard to find and a lux one is like a needle in a haystack.

Seems like for some reason cars outside the USA generally have more options and dealerships here mainly just order the base models. I was looking for an ES for my girlfriend with the ultra luxury package(semi aniline leather, rear sunshades and some other goodies) and that's even more rare than the lux package for the GS.
did you find yours on car-part? still not much luck for me, only one on there thats grey but no rear heated seats. out of the 135 on coparts only 3 have usable lux seats, only 1 probably has the heated reat and 2 are tan. Guess at this point if i'm wanting to do this i'll have to go for any color and hope one of the copart cars ends up on car-part.

That ultralux es seems out of stock in charlotte but there seems to be plenty in raleigh. A while back i looked at the ES here and they only had it in some weird green color for the ultralux. gotta say their color selection is poor or i guess old poor color choices suck.
Old 10-03-19, 06:23 PM
Cwang
Instructor

Received 311 Likes on 212 Posts

Here in the USA 450h is hard to find and a lux one is like a needle in a haystack.

Seems like for some reason cars outside the USA generally have more options and dealerships here mainly just order the base models.
I believe it's because Lexus sell for super cheap in the USA. You can buy a GS F for what I can buy a GS350 Fsport for after currency conversion...but the only factory option here is the ML audio.
Old 10-03-19, 11:48 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

did you find yours on car-part? still not much luck for me, only one on there thats grey but no rear heated seats. out of the 135 on coparts only 3 have usable lux seats, only 1 probably has the heated reat and 2 are tan. Guess at this point if i'm wanting to do this i'll have to go for any color and hope one of the copart cars ends up on car-part.

That ultralux es seems out of stock in charlotte but there seems to be plenty in raleigh. A while back i looked at the ES here and they only had it in some weird green color for the ultralux. gotta say their color selection is poor or i guess old poor color choices suck.
Yes car-part.com, yes flaxen is hard to find. I checked every once in a while and found it after a year searching. I finally just sold my stock front seats, lol the guy was also looking for lux, but settled for mine because it was flaxen. Local, and not from a wreck. He is putting them into a Toyota Land Cruiser.
Old 10-04-19, 12:13 AM
baconRx
Instructor

Yes car-part.com, yes flaxen is hard to find. I checked every once in a while and found it after a year searching. I finally just sold my stock front seats, lol the guy was also looking for lux, but settled for mine because it was flaxen. Local, and not from a wreck. He is putting them into a Toyota Land Cruiser.
Hmm interesting. Was it an older land cruiser? I wonder what other seats are interchangeable across models
Old 10-04-19, 12:20 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Hmm interesting. Was it an older land cruiser? I wonder what other seats are interchangeable across models
I have no idea. I don't know if it's a direct swap or he's doing some wiring. It would not surprise me if Toyota uses the same harness across different models, they are practical like that.
Old 10-04-19, 12:27 AM
baconRx
Instructor

I have no idea. I don't know if it's a direct swap or he's doing some wiring. It would not surprise me if Toyota uses the same harness across different models, they are practical like that.
I'm sure the wiring is the same. I'd be more concerned with the seat fitting and bolts lining up. You gave you the awd track ones which were different from the rwd. The bigger issue for me is finding rear heated seats which I take you still have your old seat? Maybe turn it into a top gear sofa if you dont got takers lol
Old 10-04-19, 12:40 AM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

I'm sure the wiring is the same. I'd be more concerned with the seat fitting and bolts lining up. You gave you the awd track ones which were different from the rwd. The bigger issue for me is finding rear heated seats which I take you still have your old seat? Maybe turn it into a top gear sofa if you dont got takers lol
Someone bought one rear headrest for $230, they really wanted it. So I'm parting out the rear seat, headrests, seatback, seat bottom.

Front seats I sold pair for $350, local pickup. This guy probably would have paid more. My girlfriend wanted it out of the living room, been sitting around for a few months. Rear seat backrest I have layed up against the wall in the hallway, lol. I also have my standard front bumper in my closet, nobody wants it even for $50 bucks, I'll probably cut it in half and throw it out.

I setup the seats and bumper in the middle of the living room for her one day after work.
The following users liked this post:
Claybo77 (10-06-19)
Old 10-06-19, 12:46 AM
Claybo77
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Set up in living room...

PLEASE tell me that you have pictures of the seats set up in the living room!!! And that you can post them. I need them to prove that I am not the only one who has this sort of sensibility. Kermit the frog had a song about this didn't he??? SMILE...
Old 10-06-19, 02:48 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Claybo77
PLEASE tell me that you have pictures of the seats set up in the living room!!! And that you can post them. I need them to prove that I am not the only one who has this sort of sensibility. Kermit the frog had a song about this didn't he??? SMILE...
Here is the listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133191009133

I actually had it in the living room next to the couch, so was kind of like 2 extra seats in the living room. Girlfriend is glad they are finally gone, I live in an apartment and living room isn't that big. If I had a basement or garage, I would have stored them there.
The following users liked this post:
Claybo77 (10-08-19)

Quick Reply: Upgrading seats to semi aniline Luxury Mod