GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Why me?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-17, 07:07 PM
Samsin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why me?!?

Hey guys I'm new to this "club lexus" and I'm just wondering why does this happen to me!

i bought my 2006 Lexus gs300, 2 years ago and I extremely love the car but I also just absolutely hate it reasons being is in the last 2 years of owning it this car it's just to most inreliable car ever!! And I mean it!
The last 2 years I didn't do anything in repairs because I can't afford it! And up to today I have to replace...
1. rear struts (both side)
2. Left rear window regualor
3. My sunroof won't open or close
4. Tires
5. Catalytic converters (both side)
6. Exhaust has leaks
7. Vsc lights and god knows what that problem is!
8. Tire pressure sensor
9. Rear brakes and rotors
10.control arms front lower both sides

and I have replaced

1.alternator
2.battery
3.front brakes and rotors
4.front left axle

this car is just the absolute worst but I have a problem I just absolutely love it can someone help me to find the parts I need for cheap I live in Canada or have tips

everywhere I go to try to fix something they always say can't get the part blah blah blah your car was 1 year production we can't help you!

OH AND DID I MENTION WHEN I LOCK THE DOORS WITH REMOTE THE CAR DOESNT CHIRP OR WHEN I PUSH PANIC ALSO!?

Last edited by Samsin; 07-18-17 at 07:10 PM. Reason: Forgot something
Old 07-18-17, 08:08 PM
fahhad20
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude how many km?
Old 07-18-17, 08:53 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I will start tackling one problem at a time, so far I can see several problems that might be connected.

You mentioned you need to change the Alternator and Battery, Im assuming both are bad or going bad, then you might have problems such as sunroof, rear window and vsc linked to that.

Rear struts, if you dont have the AVS suspension you can try the KYB gas-a-just they are well priced and so far, in my case have performed very well.

Left rear window regulator, if the battery is failing try to reset it by rolling the window fully down and up using the left rear door controller not the main one from the driver side, anyway I have seen several regulators on eBay very well priced, will share you some links for good used parts below.

Sunroof, also try to reset it, also try to open it using the keyfob in your drivers door to discard a mechanism failure or the top button not working properly.

Tires, well mate, thats life.. new tires! haha

Catalytic converters, what make you think they need to be replaced? if can always try to clean them well and suck a little bit more life out of them.

Exhaust leaks, nothing that a good shop cant fix, makes me think your car have high miles and have been in the snow a lot, or at least parked and not being used for a long time.

VSC Lights, you need to pull out the code and start from there.. what codes have you pulled out from the MIL?

tire pressure sensor, one of the sensor batteries might be dead or you have changed your wheels without programming the TPMS sensors to the ecu, or maybe you dont have sensors at all? do you have aftermarket wheels or stock? I will hook up Techstream to the car and check if the ecu is pulling data from all the sensors.

Rear brakes and rotors and control arms.. well.. if you want to play you have to pay

eBay is a good place to find cheap parts, I have been replacing parts for my GS, this guy have lot of parts and good prices:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...us+GS&_sacat=0

as for new parts http://www.lexuspartnow.com is the site with the best prices so far.

This other guy have many parts available too:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...us+gs&_sacat=0

Last edited by guzzy92fs; 07-18-17 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-18-17, 09:11 PM
Samsin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fahhad20
dude how many km?
bro I got less than 200 000 take that in car even has low kms
Old 07-18-17, 09:18 PM
Samsin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by guzzy92fs
I will start tackling one problem at a time, so far I can see several problems that might be connected.

You mentioned you need to change the Alternator and Battery, Im assuming both are bad or going bad, then you might have problems such as sunroof, rear window and vsc linked to that.

Rear struts, if you dont have the AVS suspension you can try the KYB gas-a-just they are well priced and so far, in my case have performed very well.

Left rear window regulator, if the battery is failing try to reset it by rolling the window fully down and up using the left rear door controller not the main one from the driver side, anyway I have seen several regulators on eBay very well priced, will share you some links for good used parts below.

Sunroof, also try to reset it, also try to open it using the keyfob in your drivers door to discard a mechanism failure or the top button not working properly.

Tires, well mate, thats life.. new tires! haha

Catalytic converters, what make you think they need to be replaced? if can always try to clean them well and suck a little bit more life out of them.

Exhaust leaks, nothing that a good shop cant fix, makes me think your car have high miles and have been in the snow a lot, or at least parked and not being used for a long time.

VSC Lights, you need to pull out the code and start from there.. what codes have you pulled out from the MIL?

tire pressure sensor, one of the sensor batteries might be dead or you have changed your wheels without programming the TPMS sensors to the ecu, or maybe you dont have sensors at all? do you have aftermarket wheels or stock? I will hook up Techstream to the car and check if the ecu is pulling data from all the sensors.

Rear brakes and rotors and control arms.. well.. if you want to play you have to pay

eBay is a good place to find cheap parts, I have been replacing parts for my GS, this guy have lot of parts and good prices:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...us+GS&_sacat=0

as for new parts http://www.lexuspartnow.com is the site with the best prices so far.

This other guy have many parts available too:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odk...us+gs&_sacat=0

I'll check out that eBay link thanks for that and my car wheels are stock and yes they have sensors at right air pressure! And the rear left window regulator is gone sunroof is literally just messed up one side works the other is stuck! And the control arms are fine the bushings are no good and can't find aftermarket for that! And what device can I add to find out the problem with the vsc and also I didn't mention car sucks and feels shimmy and floaty at high speeds on highway!
Old 07-18-17, 09:25 PM
guzzy92fs
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Try Techstream or any actron reader. The first will come very handy on the long term, can and program the tpsm sensors so you can check which one is gone. Actually, it can read everything in your car..

just curiosity, you didn't pressed the button to use the second pair of tires didn't you? Its a button located under the glovebox on the left side

Last edited by guzzy92fs; 07-18-17 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-18-17, 11:58 PM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

with the miles and age of the car, might as well replace all 4, good excuse to get coilover now might be cheaper and ride stiffer too
should be easy fix DIYable, did it on a few BMW
press and hold for 15 sec to reset it?
4. Tires
worn strut most likely caused it, if budget is an issue, get used tire from ebay, they have warranty
can't help ya with that
6. Exhaust has leaks
can't help ya either, lose bolt?
Tokyo Drift mode,
8. Tire pressure sensor
TPMS sensor on the wheels only last 10 years max, your car is 11 years old, the sensor are $60 per wheel (parts and labor) discount tire can tell you which one is going bad and can do it for you
never go cheap on brake, they are what help you stop, is not unreliable, is time
can't help either... but let me know how that go bad? curb rims too much?
Old 07-19-17, 01:07 AM
Samsin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Brabusx2
with the miles and age of the car, might as well replace all 4, good excuse to get coilover now might be cheaper and ride stiffer too
should be easy fix DIYable, did it on a few BMW
press and hold for 15 sec to reset it?
4. Tires
worn strut most likely caused it, if budget is an issue, get used tire from ebay, they have warranty
can't help ya with that
6. Exhaust has leaks
can't help ya either, lose bolt?
Tokyo Drift mode,
8. Tire pressure sensor
TPMS sensor on the wheels only last 10 years max, your car is 11 years old, the sensor are $60 per wheel (parts and labor) discount tire can tell you which one is going bad and can do it for you
never go cheap on brake, they are what help you stop, is not unreliable, is time
can't help either... but let me know how that go bad? curb rims too much?
what do you mean Tokyo drift mode lmao? And yea I guess I'll change all tire sensors! And coilovers are way to expenise they sell about 1200 dollars! And sunroof is broken one side works other side doesn't it's really messed up so I needs to replace the whole thing! !?
Old 07-19-17, 01:08 AM
Samsin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by guzzy92fs
Try Techstream or any actron reader. The first will come very handy on the long term, can and program the tpsm sensors so you can check which one is gone. Actually, it can read everything in your car..

just curiosity, you didn't pressed the button to use the second pair of tires didn't you? Its a button located under the glovebox on the left side
can you send me a link to exactly what tech stream is?
Old 07-19-17, 10:50 AM
Brabusx2
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Samsin
what do you mean Tokyo drift mode lmao? And yea I guess I'll change all tire sensors! And coilovers are way to expenise they sell about 1200 dollars! And sunroof is broken one side works other side doesn't it's really messed up so I needs to replace the whole thing! !?

keep that $1200 and drift in circle around chick, completely kill the rear tires and blow up the shocks,

http://www.redline360.com/tanabe-com...caAoTjEALw_wcB

$840 coilover