GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Low tire pressure light on?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-15, 08:55 PM
aasim305
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Low tire pressure light on?

Hello

My low tire pressure light came on all tires are fine including the spare tire. i tired to reset the light but no luck. Can anyone help me out? its really annoying driving around and seeing that red caution sign
Old 06-07-15, 09:29 PM
Gotcha350
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Probably a bad TP sensor...
Old 06-08-15, 02:35 PM
Steve2424
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you add air to the tires? I get it periodically even when the psi of the tires are within 32-35psi. I wish Lexus would have included corner read outs for each individual tire rather than having to use process of elimination when needing air. My friends '07 Acura TL had each tire read out for PSI (a $32K car back then). You would think a $50K+ car would have this as standard. If you did add air, then I would agree with above that the TPMS is probably faulty. Check Rockauto.com for replacements since they're cheaper, unless you have a better alternative. Good luck
Old 06-09-15, 09:32 AM
aporozco
Driver

I'm having the same problem. Although I have 19" wheels with low profile tires. I am thinking it's a bad sensor, but my mechanic says his tpms tool cannot read mine, does it make a difference if they are after market? They're VDO, I thought those are the best...?
Old 06-09-15, 12:48 PM
Cwiok71
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aporozco
I'm having the same problem. Although I have 19" wheels with low profile tires. I am thinking it's a bad sensor, but my mechanic says his tpms tool cannot read mine, does it make a difference if they are after market? They're VDO, I thought those are the best...?
Welcome to the start of a nightmare,

My "Check System" light is on and no tire shop can get any sensors to read, and my TPMS system will still tell me if I have a low tire.
Very annoying

Good luck and let us know how it was resolved
Old 06-09-15, 01:38 PM
hanuman
Rookie

Hey guys had similar issues when I switched summer winter set up. We switched out sensors and did all kinds of testing. My car has the 2 sensor button. The only way the tire shops at least discount tire was able to marry the new sensors to the car was to ensure the button was in sensor 1 mode. Which means every time I switch rims I have to take it back for programming usually about 10 min.
Old 06-09-15, 03:11 PM
Cwiok71
Driver

Originally Posted by hanuman
Hey guys had similar issues when I switched summer winter set up. We switched out sensors and did all kinds of testing. My car has the 2 sensor button. The only way the tire shops at least discount tire was able to marry the new sensors to the car was to ensure the button was in sensor 1 mode. Which means every time I switch rims I have to take it back for programming usually about 10 min.
I have been dealing with a TPMS issue for about a month now.
CHECK SYSTEM is displayed in the message area and tire light flashes then goes solid

No tire shop can get any of my sensors (or even a new one I bought from amazon) to read with their hand held reader but yet it still communicates with the car computer because it will tell me when my leaky tire goes low.

Anybody have Techstream here in LA that could help me out?
Old 06-09-15, 06:10 PM
ZaxF
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Low tire pressure light on?

Underneath the passenger side dashboard, close to the center console is a tpms switch that toggles between two different positions. Rarely, a passenger can bump it inadvertently out of position. Check that out. You've really got to get way under the dash to see it. It's marked with the same tire-looking symbol the idiot light looks like.
Old 06-14-15, 03:30 AM
Euromutt86
Driver School Candidate

I'm dealing with the same thing. Car notified me that the tire was low and not 10 seconds later, it blew out. Discount tire did a TPMS rebuild kit and I'm worried that something didn't work right. I'm three hours out of town and they're closed today. The TPMS blinks three times and the pressure inital message appears, then changes back to low tire after I push the reset button. I checked all the tires including spare.
Old 06-17-15, 08:38 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Received 284 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Cwiok71
I have been dealing with a TPMS issue for about a month now.
CHECK SYSTEM is displayed in the message area and tire light flashes then goes solid

No tire shop can get any of my sensors (or even a new one I bought from amazon) to read with their hand held reader but yet it still communicates with the car computer because it will tell me when my leaky tire goes low.

Anybody have Techstream here in LA that could help me out?
Most hand held scanners are not as strong as the vehicles ECU. In my experience the sensors are on their way out. Odd with that one you just purchased. Unless its the wrong part and so the scanner is looking for something that is not there..
Old 06-17-15, 08:45 PM
lexo98
Pole Position

Received 284 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by Euromutt86
I'm dealing with the same thing. Car notified me that the tire was low and not 10 seconds later, it blew out. Discount tire did a TPMS rebuild kit and I'm worried that something didn't work right. I'm three hours out of town and they're closed today. The TPMS blinks three times and the pressure inital message appears, then changes back to low tire after I push the reset button. I checked all the tires including spare.
Sounds like you didnt have a blow out, but had a tire go flat and ran it till it fell apart. Anyways, The light is blinking while the ECU tries to find all the sensors signals. If your tires are correctly filled the light might go off after you drive for a lil bit and the ECU receives signals from each sensor. Or One of the sensors batteries may have died, or the sensor on the flat tire was damaged.Pushing the reset button too many times might just shut the system down and require reprogramming with a tool capable of also getting it out of lock out mode. Also, the TPMS rebuild kit is only the rubber grommet, valve core, and locking nut and maybe a washer. The rebuild does absolutely nothing to the battery life of the sensor

Last edited by lexo98; 06-17-15 at 08:48 PM. Reason: update
Old 06-18-15, 10:45 AM
Cwiok71
Driver

Originally Posted by lexo98
Most hand held scanners are not as strong as the vehicles ECU. In my experience the sensors are on their way out. Odd with that one you just purchased. Unless its the wrong part and so the scanner is looking for something that is not there..
The new TPM says its 315 MHz, that is the frequency Lexus uses

SO sick of looking at that check system message