GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Organizing music for MultiMediaLinQ VML

Old 02-09-12, 09:43 AM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Organizing music for MultiMediaLinQ VML

I'm trying to organize my music collection for the MultiMediaLinQ VML but I have a slight problem. The VML won't recognize subfolders on a HDD, so you have to put all of an artist's music in one folder. Some of the artists, have many albums, and it will be a pain trying to pick a particular album from that artist. Has anyone come up with a solution for keeping multiple albums from an artist separate?
Old 02-09-12, 10:11 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by LenniePaz
I'm trying to organize my music collection for the MultiMediaLinQ VML but I have a slight problem. The VML won't recognize subfolders on a HDD, so you have to put all of an artist's music in one folder. Some of the artists, have many albums, and it will be a pain trying to pick a particular album from that artist. Has anyone come up with a solution for keeping multiple albums from an artist separate?
yhttp://www.multimedialinq.com/manuals/Manual_VML_PR.pdf

page 6. you can use scenario 1 and then setup your own m3u playlist files?
Old 02-09-12, 10:33 AM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
yhttp://www.multimedialinq.com/manuals/Manual_VML_PR.pdf

page 6. you can use scenario 1 and then setup your own m3u playlist files?
I was reading that but it's kind of confusing. Would I just put all the music of one artist, in one folder, and then create m3u files for each album??
Old 02-09-12, 12:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by LenniePaz
I was reading that but it's kind of confusing. Would I just put all the music of one artist, in one folder, and then create m3u files for each album??
you can organize all the folders anyway you want, folders with sub folders and sub-sub folders if you use. then with the m3u files you just specify the exact paths so the system know how to "find" the songs
Old 02-09-12, 04:11 PM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

you can organize all the folders anyway you want, folders with sub folders and sub-sub folders if you use. then with the m3u files you just specify the exact paths so the system know how to "find" the songs
That's where I get confused. When you say to specify the exact path, I don't quite understand. I found a program that you drag songs into and it creates an m3u file. Can I just put that file in the m3u folder I created in the multimedialinq folder, and then put all the songs in the music folder that's also in the multimedialinq folder?? So this would be the structure:

Multimedialinq as the main folder, and in there create two folders,one called m3u, and the other called music. Does this sound right?
Old 02-09-12, 05:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

you can read about the file format here

http://www.assistanttools.com/articl...t_format.shtml

it really doesn't matter where you put the song, as long as all the path information is matching then it should work
Old 04-15-12, 10:26 AM
LenniePaz
Pole Position

I have my HDD all set up in my car with M3U's for each album. Now my wife wants me to add an album. I know how to add music from reading the tutorial, but how do I add an M3U file to point to that album?? How do I figure out the path of that new album so I can create an M3U?
Old 04-30-12, 01:23 AM
Duonghtx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

idk, but I have the VML too and its crappy, paid soo much money for it thinking its all badass but the operations are simple and not as high tech as I sought of it. Maybe I'm just asking for too much.