GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Advice: Support Sewell

Old 07-08-11, 04:17 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Advice: Support Sewell

Set of four ash carpeted floor mats:

$178.00 + tax - Jim Falk Lexus of Beverly Hills
$174.00 + tax - Santa Monica Lexus
$101.26 + $15.55 shipping - Sewell Lexus.

ABSOLUTELY support the sponsors of this forum.
Old 07-08-11, 06:27 PM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

+1 totally agree^
Old 07-08-11, 06:54 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Yea sewell isnt a bad website, but I noticed they have raised they're prices by few bucks. Last time I bought windshield wiper replacements they were $9.54 and now its $13.20. But I found on oemlexusparts.com for $10.15 and had a discount code for free shipping.
Old 07-08-11, 08:22 PM
krschee
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

their sponsorship is working.
Old 07-08-11, 08:42 PM
xmike714x
Pole Position

i wanted to buy a key fob case but the shipping cost more than the item itself....weird?
Old 07-08-11, 08:50 PM
aLexGS350
Lead Lap

Thats where I saw all weather floor mats! I was trying to remember the site so I can pick me up one..sweeeeet
Old 07-08-11, 09:33 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GS350Lexus
Yea sewell isnt a bad website, but I noticed they have raised they're prices by few bucks. Last time I bought windshield wiper replacements they were $9.54 and now its $13.20. But I found on oemlexusparts.com for $10.15 and had a discount code for free shipping.

where did you enter the discount code?

i tried adding stuff to my cart, and there's no box for the code.

Originally Posted by Bushwack

local dealers will never match internet prices.
Glendale Lexus is especially expensive, and Longo Lexus sucks too, although they are a little cheaper.

The only dealer that gives you internet pricing with local pickup is Carson toyota, but it's way too far from the suburbs.
Unless you're buying a lot of stuff, the $10 shipping kills the deal.

Last edited by dunnojack; 07-08-11 at 09:51 PM.
Old 07-09-11, 12:36 AM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dunnojack
where did you enter the discount code?

i tried adding stuff to my cart, and there's no box for the code.

local dealers will never match internet prices.
Glendale Lexus is especially expensive, and Longo Lexus sucks too, although they are a little cheaper.

The only dealer that gives you internet pricing with local pickup is Carson toyota, but it's way too far from the suburbs.
Unless you're buying a lot of stuff, the $10 shipping kills the deal.
Looks like they took it off, call them see if you can find the code and apply it.
Old 07-09-11, 08:36 AM
grondie
Merkur Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have to register to get CL pricing on Sewell's Website.

"As a gesture of our appreciation to our Lexus owners, we offer special preferred pricing to anyone that is a active member of the Club Lexus community. To view the pricing specific to Club Lexus members you should consider registering on our site while inputting your Club Lexus forum name when it prompts you to do so. Once you’re registered as a CL member, you’ll find preferred pricing is available for every item we carry."
Old 07-09-11, 08:46 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I just wish Sewell would offer more reasonable shipping service to Canada. It seems like their shipping calculator up here is full of loaded dice. Sometimes I can't even fathom how the number was arrived at for a small item.

Would buy a lot more stuff from them a lot more regularly if they would offer USPS shipping instead of the couriers for small items.

To be fair, the shipping cost does eventually get to be reasonable once you build up a sufficiently large order but the trouble is it's tough to do that when all you need is a single thing most of the time.
Old 07-09-11, 09:01 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grondie
You have to register to get CL pricing on Sewell's Website.
."

makes no difference, CL user or not. I get the same price, no discounts, on a bunch of random parts i searched for.

Originally Posted by BinaryJay
I just wish Sewell would offer more reasonable shipping service to Canada. It seems like their shipping calculator up here is full of loaded dice. Sometimes I can't even fathom how the number was arrived at for a small item..
There are lots of these oem parts websites, and some claim to charge "actual shipping" prices.
I've never ordered from them, but i wonder if they really reimburse for shipping charge overage.

the only website I've found that actually uses USPS is brandsport.com, but their parts selection is more limited, and base prices are higher.

Last edited by dunnojack; 07-09-11 at 09:07 AM.
Old 07-09-11, 09:49 AM
BinaryJay

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by dunnojack
makes no difference, CL user or not. I get the same price, no discounts, on a bunch of random parts i searched for.

There are lots of these oem parts websites, and some claim to charge "actual shipping" prices.
I've never ordered from them, but i wonder if they really reimburse for shipping charge overage.

the only website I've found that actually uses USPS is brandsport.com, but their parts selection is more limited, and base prices are higher.
Don't get me wrong, I've ordered from Sewell twice and both times I saved a significant amount of money vs. dealer prices but both times I had to pad my order with a bunch of stuff I didn't necessarily need at the time in order to get some value out of it. They were also very good service wise in addressing a brokerage fee issue and I will continue to compare overall cost from them with my other options.

The problem is, I still go to the dealership for smaller orders as they continue to be cheaper even if the actual parts cost is twice as much due to the very high "starting cost" of shipping just about anything.

I can "get" why they don't offer USPS (which effectively takes brokerage fees out of the picture since Canada Post will charge a flat $5 brokerage rate when they even bother to assess it at all, which is hit and miss depending on declared value). It's probably related to courier contracts and the fact that USPS likely doesn't offer pickup services etc. But, if one day, they were to offer actual shipping cost and USPS delivery option it would open up their business to the north in a huge way.

Ideally, of course, a Canadian dealership would step up and offer competitive online pricing as well. As far as I know, there isn't a single Toyota/Lexus dealer that offers online parts ordering period at this time which is a real shame.
Old 07-09-11, 11:29 AM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Embarrassed to say, but I get as much satisfaction NOT giving tax dollars to the state of California then I did saving $65+ going with Sewell. As a life long Angeleno, the state doesn't deserve the money I work hard for until they can justify their spending.

I'm just waiting for California to be the first state to tax its citizens for the (polluted) air that we breathe. That's about the only thing left in the state that doesn't have a surcharge.
Old 07-09-11, 12:46 PM
LexFather

Darryl and the team at Sewell Lexus is phenomenal. I've bought plenty of parts from them and will continue to do so in the future. He actually drove to Lexfest years ago from Dallas to Atlanta to support the scene and treated the entire group to dinner later.

I've always gotten my parts right the first time and they are flexible in regards to questions and patience.

They have my support 100%.

Mike

P.S-great thread.
Old 07-14-11, 04:11 PM
Bushwack
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bushwack

Not too shabby.... From order placement to delivery (Texas to Los Angeles) in seven days.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice: Support Sewell