GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: Was your tank topped off as part of your valve spring recall replacement?
Yes
29.73%
No
29.73%
No, but I was given other consideration.
0%
Yes, and other consideration as well.
10.81%
I haven't had the service performed yet.
29.73%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Did you get your gas tank topped off with valve spring replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-10, 06:45 PM
worker
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rkb43
Taking mine in Wednesday, service advisor told me to bring it in empty because recall included a full tank of gas.
do they let the little kid drive your car to the nearest gas station to do the refill? Just curious after hearing so many stories about car got wreck when taking in for fix/service at dealers like BMW.
Old 10-16-10, 08:40 PM
dwiall
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tag on my FOB said "top of fuel" They did that, washed, waxed, detailed the inside, did the cam gear recall and gave me a brand new 2010 RX450h for 4 days. Nice SUV but hard to get used to that tranny, it never shifts.
Old 10-17-10, 07:53 AM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

My father had the gas pedal recall done on his ES350 a year ago and they filled the tank and cleaned the car for his troubles. I was also told that I would have the tank filled for my troubles (on this site) but when I got the car, it was the same 1/4 tank. They cleaned the car and gave me a rx350 loaner so that was nice.

I thought maybe they didn't fill the tank because I just bought the car from my friend who bought it from the same dealer I had the service work Hendrick....OK. I don't think that applies because I found the ES350 for my father at the Hendrick dealer in CLT and drove it to him in NY. He had the recall done at the local dealer in NY and still got the tank filled. Not sure why they didn't fill some of us and not others. I hope someone can get an answer on this.

I also showed the service writer the door panel handle had a large squeek when pressed in any location and they said they fixed it by taking the panels off and adding material to it but they are no better than when I dropped it off. It looks like I will be fixing this rattle myself like I did to all the others. Lexus service is great but my experience wasn't the best. At the end of the day, they could have left my tank empty and the car could have been dirty but if the car was rattle free, I would have been happy! The service writer confirmed the problem when I brought it in so I don't know where the communication barrier went up between the two.

My car was brought in at 730 am and I had it back by 300 pm. Some of you guys stated your car was held up for days? Why is that?
Old 10-17-10, 09:03 AM
CAK 500
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue Jon. I had Hendrick take a look at a couple of rattles and replace the actuators in my mirrors while it was in for the ALE last week. Maybe the extra work made them forget?

I've been going to them for 10 years, and my overall experience has been just OK. The SA's are always very professional and knowledgeable, but there's definitely a communication gap between them and the techs.

I had the same experience with my rattle issue. I was assured that it was taken care of, but within 2 minutes of leaving, there it was clear as day.
I've pretty much given up on them for anything that I can do (or can learn to do) myself. It's cheaper and saves me the headaches of dealing with their sloppiness.
Old 10-17-10, 09:33 AM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If they washed my car, I would go after them for $500. Their wash process causes scratches in the clearcoat which I would then need one stage paint correction to fix.
Old 10-17-10, 02:37 PM
mmade22
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CAK 500
I had the same issue Jon. I had Hendrick take a look at a couple of rattles and replace the actuators in my mirrors while it was in for the ALE last week. Maybe the extra work made them forget?

I've been going to them for 10 years, and my overall experience has been just OK. The SA's are always very professional and knowledgeable, but there's definitely a communication gap between them and the techs.

I had the same experience with my rattle issue. I was assured that it was taken care of, but within 2 minutes of leaving, there it was clear as day.
I've pretty much given up on them for anything that I can do (or can learn to do) myself. It's cheaper and saves me the headaches of dealing with their sloppiness.
That's too bad Chris. Did they fill your tank up? Hendrick is a great dealer and they told me they do about 200 cars a day so maybe they are overwhelmed? I wonder what the percent of cars that come back for the same issues they tried to fix the first time. I'm sorry to hear that you have been dealing with them for a decade and you are just getting ok service. Being a loyal customer, you would think they would make sure to take care of you.

Cars and Coffee is next month if you are interested.

Here is the link......

http://charlotte.carsandcoffee.info/

I still need to take a ride in your car to see how those springs feel.
Old 10-17-10, 08:03 PM
CAK 500
Advanced

Well, after exchanging emails with my service advisor today, he admitted that not getting the fill-up was an oversight on their part. He said to bring it by and they'd take care of it.

I'm surprised and impressed to get such a swift response to an email, and on a Sunday night no less!

So to you guys left holding your gas caps in your hands, if you ask them if they may have forgotten to top off your tank after getting the recall service, you might be pleasantly surprised too.
Old 10-17-10, 08:21 PM
GS350Lexus
Lexus Champion

Well, after exchanging emails with my service advisor today, he admitted that not getting the fill-up was an oversight on their part. He said to bring it by and they'd take care of it.

I'm surprised and impressed to get such a swift response to an email, and on a Sunday night no less!

So to you guys left holding your gas caps in your hands, if you ask them if they may have forgotten to top off your tank after getting the recall service, you might be pleasantly surprised too.
I don't want to call them and be like weren't u guys suppose to fill me up. I rather complain about something they didn't do right and add on that also i didn't get gas after recall was done. So all in all I would need proof that they have to. Also its 10 to 9, 10 being yes and 9 being no, so half of the dealers oversight this fill up?
Old 10-17-10, 09:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

glad to hear that you got the reply promptly
Old 10-18-10, 10:00 AM
helpmeout1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can duplicate the rattles with an SA in the car, but the car gets returned to me without any work being done to fix the rattles because the Techs can't duplicate the rattle the day they have it. I just have to keep bringing the car back complaining about the same dang thing over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Here are the TSB's. I did't see anything about filling the car up with gas. My car was filled up, but I didn't get anything else.
Old 10-19-10, 03:54 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I took my car in last week for the ALE recall with the gas tank light on.
Old 10-19-10, 04:07 PM
CAK 500
Advanced

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
I took my car in last week for the ALE recall with the gas tank light on.
Yeah, that's what I did too. I didn't know I was going to be going back in yesterday morning, so I just happened to luck out.

Course my wife is mad because I made her push the car the last 1/2 mile to the dealership after we ran out of gas. j/k
Old 10-20-10, 04:33 PM
rkb43
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dropped the car off at 8:00 am picked it up at 4:00pm.
Free tank of gas and $25 Lexus gift card.
I do not notice any difference in the way the car is running.