GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-06, 03:17 PM
bigkahuna4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just checking to see if you got any info on the 07 GS mod as yet? Thanks, Kevin

'07 GS350 RWD
'06 SC430
Old 11-28-06, 04:52 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, sonartech's method of swapping the V5.1 loading.kwi on a V6.1 disc has been confirmed to work on an IS350
Old 11-28-06, 09:09 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TSB's & Repair Guides

http://www.alldata.com/tsb/Lexus/index-issue.html
http://www.lexushelp.com/Ownership/Index.htm
http://techinfo.lexus.com/
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forum...links/links/50
Old 11-29-06, 05:34 PM
hendjaz
Pole Position

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=251161

This is a link to discussion in the LS 460 forum on the find today of a variety of service and other menus. Wonder if this is available in the GS with the v.6.1 DVD. If so, some of you software experts may be able to see if the override menu is beneath some of the surface menus located here. However may be unique to the LS but thought I would mention it here because of the good work done by many here sleuthing for solutions to some of the unnecessary restrictions in the new version software.

Here are the steps from that link:

1) Without pressing on the brake pedal, push the engine start button so the engine does not start but ignition is on.

2) Hold on to the "DISP" switch on the left side of the screen and switch your headlights back and forth from the "off" position to "parking light" position. Keep repeating this procdure while holding on to the "DISP" switch and screen will turn into "TECHNICIAN" mode.

This works in the LS, how about the GS?
Old 12-01-06, 02:14 PM
siennadriv
Driver School Candidate

Just joined the forum because I just purchased a 2006 Sienna with the v6.1 nav DVD and am frustrated by not being able to have the passenger enter info while moving. One thing I did come across when searching the net was that some Avalon owners with the Nav system with joystick navigation have found the override apparently in V6.1 so I assume it is there with the touchscreen nav as well. Just have to find it. Though this might help some of the obviously more knowledgable people I have read in the list of posts.
Old 12-02-06, 05:41 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, I've done BT bypass mod today (K46 purple wire cut), got to Service menu to adjust BT voice quality, did trunk light, BUT I was not able to get Seat Belt buzzer off. Tried it with Windows up and down, followed all the instructions (those are easy anyway). Still, didn't work with my GS350. Has anyone with '07 GS350 was able to successfully get Seat Belt buzzer off? If so, what is a trick???
Old 12-02-06, 06:18 PM
Funky
Rookie

I was able to do the seat belt thing on the 07 after a couple of tries. I was never able to get just the passenger one to work so I gave up and I did both seats with the drivers side version.
Old 12-02-06, 07:04 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Funky
I was able to do the seat belt thing on the 07 after a couple of tries. I was never able to get just the passenger one to work so I gave up and I did both seats with the drivers side version.
Please, can you list exact steps how you did it? Did you have windows up or down? Did you have to wait exactly 10 second (with a timer) or just count ten seconds aloud and afterwards buckle up while holding ODO/Trip? How long did you hold ODO/TRIP after that? This is driving me nuts cause its the simplest mod and I can't get it to work
Old 12-02-06, 10:40 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by twister
Please, can you list exact steps how you did it? Did you have windows up or down? Did you have to wait exactly 10 second (with a timer) or just count ten seconds aloud and afterwards buckle up while holding ODO/Trip? How long did you hold ODO/TRIP after that? This is driving me nuts cause its the simplest mod and I can't get it to work
30 sec.....................
Old 12-03-06, 09:51 AM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Excellent!!! Confirmed that for '07 GS350 you have to wait 30 seconds, not 10 seconds!!! Thanks!!!

Additional details, windows have to be up. When you first start the car (push button twice without applying a break), push ODO/TRIP to get to ODO reading and not Trip B. When you restart the car (again, push button twice without applying a break), hold ODO/TRIP for 30 seconds (I was looking at playing CD timing as my timer) and don't even extend the seat belt until time is up, than buckle-up. For some reason when I tried it with extended seatbelt waiting 30 seconds, it didn't work.
Old 12-03-06, 02:15 PM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Guys, I've done BT bypass mod today (K46 purple wire cut), got to Service menu to adjust BT voice quality, did trunk light, BUT I was not able to get Seat Belt buzzer off. Tried it with Windows up and down, followed all the instructions (those are easy anyway). Still, didn't work with my GS350. Has anyone with '07 GS350 was able to successfully get Seat Belt buzzer off? If so, what is a trick???
Trunk light?
Old 12-03-06, 02:51 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

Well, not really a mod but a nice little trick described in this thread. When you open a trunk, there is a light switch inside on the right. Turn it ON and you done! When you close the trunk, light will shut off. Next time you open a trunk, light will turn on automatically. I verified it by opening that back seat trap door to see if the light shuts off when trunk is closed.

BTW, there are 4 metal tabs in the trunk. What are these for?!?
Old 12-03-06, 04:52 PM
jaxgs350
Pole Position

BTW, there are 4 metal tabs in the trunk. What are these for?!?
You mean the ones near the bumper opening, where you hang the cargo net from?
Old 12-03-06, 06:04 PM
twister
Lexus Test Driver

I don't think those are the same tabs. They are inside of the trunk, on the floor. Four rectangular aluminum tabs that you can position in different angles (the angle is locked as you move those). Those are hard to miss. I don't have a cargo net, but we do have one in our '05 Highlander and that just attaches to the front side of the trunk opening. These tabs are on the floor of the trunk
Old 12-04-06, 11:56 PM
joebob9047
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy "Soft" Navigation Bypass on GS 450h

Just picked up my new 450h on Friday. Tried it exactly the way it is described here. Doesn't work! Anybody had any luck with the 450h? If it is the same NAV system as the 350 and 430, should it work the same? PLEASE HELP! I have an 2006 Acura TL in which you don't have to deal with any of this nonsense. I understand its for safety reasons, but I prefer to have the choice...

Quick Reply: Tips, Tricks, DIY's, & How-To's