GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
View Poll Results: Get ML or no?
Yes, its outstanding
67.65%
No, save the $$$
17.65%
No, but ONLY if you are going custom. Otherwise, Yes, get it,
14.71%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

with mark levinson or without mark levinson

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-06, 12:27 PM
Eddie80
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default with mark levinson or without mark levinson

right now, im pretty confuse if i get a mark levinson as a option. i went to longo lexus yesterday and they said there is no major sounds quality difference between with mark levinson and no mark levinson. i was gonna get a fully loaded one but im pretty confusing now. and its about $2k difference. what you guys think? thank for you guys opnion.
Old 01-22-06, 12:40 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eddie80
right now, im pretty confuse if i get a mark levinson as a option. i went to longo lexus yesterday and they said there is no major sounds quality difference between with mark levinson and no mark levinson. i was gonna get a fully loaded one but im pretty confusing now. and its about $2k difference. what you guys think? thank for you guys opnion.
The ML system is better than the stock system. There are people who will say its worth the cost and there are those who will say its not. The only real way to decide is for you to listen to both. If after hearing the ML, you say to yourself "wow" then by all means get ML. On the other hand if you have to think more than 20 seconds convincing yourself the ML sounded better over stock system, you should pass on the option and use the 2k on something else.
Old 01-22-06, 12:53 PM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

id use that 2000 to make my own system
Old 01-22-06, 08:26 PM
GSKING430
Driver

ARE YOU CRAZY??????? There is a huge differnce. Go sit in the Mark L. with a concert dvd and listen to the crowd in your back seat. The surround sound is crazy!!!!!!!
Old 01-22-06, 08:49 PM
dandd2
Lead Lap

with duh man
Old 01-23-06, 12:10 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

whoever at the dealership tells you that the ml and non-ml is not much difference, he's smoking. the ml is completely one step above and i could never live without it anymore. i would get ml in a heart beat.
Old 01-23-06, 10:02 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the salesperson was trying to move a non-ML car off the lot. One thing to be aware of, I'm not positive, but I think if you want navigation, ML is required.
Old 01-23-06, 10:04 AM
edfrsd
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Sounds like the salesperson was trying to move a non-ML car off the lot.
I think that would be the only reason a salesperson would even reccomend the Non ML..

ML all the way
Old 01-23-06, 01:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Sounds like the salesperson was trying to move a non-ML car off the lot. One thing to be aware of, I'm not positive, but I think if you want navigation, ML is required.
good point there jay, i believe the nav comes with the ml as a must package
Old 01-23-06, 02:19 PM
akim47
Driver

i agree with others. personally, i regret not getting the ML/ nav package.... $2K is nothing, especially if you are going to have the car for 4-7 years

AK
Old 01-23-06, 05:22 PM
CChung
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rominl
good point there jay, i believe the nav comes with the ml as a must package
You can get the nav without the ML, but if you want the ML you have to get the nav. With just the nav it is a $2250 option. With ML and nav it's a $4030 option.
Old 01-23-06, 06:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by CChung
You can get the nav without the ML, but if you want the ML you have to get the nav. With just the nav it is a $2250 option. With ML and nav it's a $4030 option.
oh really? man this is really confusing. i always thought you can get ml without nav, but if you want nav you have to get ml @_@
Old 01-23-06, 08:55 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Eddie80
There is a big difference between the two! Don't let the salesperson try to talk you out of what you want to buy. Hear them both to make a good decision whether you want to get it or not. good luck!
Old 01-24-06, 10:11 PM
michaeltan
Driver School Candidate

The Mark Levinson sound is clinical, dry and uncolored. If that's what you want, go for the ML option, because the Lexus ML installation is CLASSIC ML sound quality. Which is saying a lot. It's perfect IF you like Mark Levinson type of sound.

If you prefer your audio a little coloured, with character, and idiosyncracies, and are willing to pay for an expert to tune your aftermarket kit, just get the standard option, rip it out and replace with what you want.
Old 01-25-06, 12:13 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by michaeltan
The Mark Levinson sound is clinical, dry and uncolored. If that's what you want, go for the ML option, because the Lexus ML installation is CLASSIC ML sound quality. Which is saying a lot. It's perfect IF you like Mark Levinson type of sound.

If you prefer your audio a little coloured, with character, and idiosyncracies, and are willing to pay for an expert to tune your aftermarket kit, just get the standard option, rip it out and replace with what you want.
Out of curiousity, have you ever listened to the ML in the LS430 or the New IS for that matter?

Quick Reply: with mark levinson or without mark levinson