GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460

2000 over invoice and turbine sound from GS 300

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-05, 12:38 AM
Blakky
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 over invoice and turbine sound from GS 300

I'm a long time lurker but this is my first post. Just purchased a 06 GS 300 Quartz Shadow Metallic for 2000 over invoice (No NAV/LEV). Paid 42600. Purchased from Superstition Springs Lexus in Mesa Arizona. Best buying experience I've ever had.
I've owned 2 2nd Gen 300's before this purchase and this car seems to be twice as good. Handeling,ride,feel are perfect. For those of you who own the car, has anyone noticed the low level, high tech wine of the engine as it builds rpms from a slow speed. You have to have the radio off and windows down to hear it. I just want to make sure the sound is not unique to mine. This car is sweet.
Old 04-22-05, 01:12 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Blakky
I'm a long time lurker but this is my first post. Just purchased a 06 GS 300 Quartz Shadow Metallic for 2000 over invoice (No NAV/LEV). Paid 42600. Purchased from Superstition Springs Lexus in Mesa Arizona. Best buying experience I've ever had.
I've owned 2 2nd Gen 300's before this purchase and this car seems to be twice as good. Handeling,ride,feel are perfect. For those of you who own the car, has anyone noticed the low level, high tech wine of the engine as it builds rpms from a slow speed. You have to have the radio off and windows down to hear it. I just want to make sure the sound is not unique to mine. This car is sweet.
Congrats and thanks for joining up! The ticking sound you hear is normal, I forgot what it is (the dual VVTi or the new fuel pump) but I am sure someone will quickly chime in.
Old 04-22-05, 06:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Congrats !! If you can, please post pics of your Quartz Shadow car . Flint Mica is my favourite color on the new GS I've seen in person so far, but the Quartz is close to it but with a bluish/purple tint, it may become my favourite if I get to see it in person

Don't forget to sign up in this WELCOME THREAD
Old 04-22-05, 06:57 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow $2000 above invoice? I might have to go visit the dealer again around the 28th.
Old 04-23-05, 12:09 AM
LexuSteve
Rookie

finally, the prices are going down.
Old 04-23-05, 02:53 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

sound should be new high pressure injectors (Direct Injection - D4)
Old 04-23-05, 10:45 AM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

Blakky is right. He did get 2000 over invoice cuz i talked to the guy at that dealership and said he would match that deal and do somethign better if soemone else was interested in buying one. Condition to get a better break than 2000 over invoice was choosing one in stock. When ic alled yesterday they had a black with cashmere....white with cashmere, and cypress with cashmere... he said many ppl like the ash and black leather than the cashmere and sales are drop[ping for their cashmere GS;S so he said he can take a little more off those GS'S...each of those thre GS's they have in stock are RWD and equipped identical. he told me he could do 1500 over invoice...if i got very lucky and if the manager was in a good mood to make a sale - possibly even 1000 over invoice...

thats right 2006 GS300 RWD:

Power rear sunshade
power tilt slide moonroof
ventilated seats
adapative front lighting sysytem/rain sensiing wipers pkg
preferred accesories pkg

Price : $41,600+ ttl

THATS HOW MUCH A 2005 LEXUS GS WITH ONLY MOONROOF AND LEATHER SEATS COSTS AT STICKER!
Old 04-24-05, 11:21 PM
LexuSteve
Rookie

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
Blakky is right. He did get 2000 over invoice cuz i talked to the guy at that dealership and said he would match that deal and do somethign better if soemone else was interested in buying one. Condition to get a better break than 2000 over invoice was choosing one in stock. When ic alled yesterday they had a black with cashmere....white with cashmere, and cypress with cashmere... he said many ppl like the ash and black leather than the cashmere and sales are drop[ping for their cashmere GS;S so he said he can take a little more off those GS'S...each of those thre GS's they have in stock are RWD and equipped identical. he told me he could do 1500 over invoice...if i got very lucky and if the manager was in a good mood to make a sale - possibly even 1000 over invoice...

thats right 2006 GS300 RWD:

Power rear sunshade
power tilt slide moonroof
ventilated seats
adapative front lighting sysytem/rain sensiing wipers pkg
preferred accesories pkg

Price : $41,600+ ttl

THATS HOW MUCH A 2005 LEXUS GS WITH ONLY MOONROOF AND LEATHER SEATS COSTS AT STICKER!

does the preferred accesories= ML navigation/dvd? if so, thats a very good price.
Old 04-25-05, 07:28 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

no the preferred accessories pkg is your floor mats, cargo, wheel locks.

lol yeah right - if t included the navigation and mark levinson for that price - the dealer would be flooded with people....and i thinkt hat would be BELOW invoice.
Old 04-26-05, 09:32 AM
SYROB
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Blakky
...the low level, high tech wine of the engine as it builds rpms from a slow speed. You have to have the radio off and windows down to hear it. I just want to make sure the sound is not unique to mine. This car is sweet.
Same sound here.. I liked the old GS 430 we had, do not like this one...

SYROB
Old 04-26-05, 10:08 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3rdwow
no the preferred accessories pkg is your floor mats, cargo, wheel locks.

lol yeah right - if t included the navigation and mark levinson for that price - the dealer would be flooded with people....and i thinkt hat would be BELOW invoice.
Are you gonna buy one yet? You've been talking about buying a new GS for about 2 months now, but you're still shopping for a deal? If you aren't ready to buy, wait later this year when the new IS comes out and you'll probably see a better allocation of vehicles shortly. BTW, they're actually giving breaks on 06 GS300 base packages right now. For the GS300 AWD or ML/Nav package or GS430, not anytime soon.
Old 04-26-05, 10:20 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah my dealer still isnt budging on the 430 yet. They still want sticker. They told me that they would knock off $2500 off of a base 300 that was on the lot but I really want a V8 this time around. So im waiting till I can get a fully loaded 430 for $55k which will be by the end of the summer I hope. By then ill have some $$$$ for wheels and a drop. Im sure they will have some mods out by then too.

Last edited by GammaLex; 04-26-05 at 10:24 AM.
Old 04-26-05, 10:28 AM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELCOME I gald you love the new car enjoy it
Old 04-26-05, 05:36 PM
AGLAT
Driver School Candidate

Now that we have some dealers that are starting to sell these cars at an "Invoice plus" price rather than at a "discount off of MSRP" price, I am hoping that someone can confirm what the actual Invoice Price looks like.

According to Kelley Blue Book the Invoice for this particular car should be as follows:

$37,752 GS300 RWD Base Price
$ 650 Destination Charge
$ 800 Moonroof
$ 420 Rain Sensing Wipers / Adaptive Headlamps
$ 168 Power Rear Sunshade
$ 160 Ventilated Seats
$ 160 Rear Spoiler
$ 116 Preferred Option Package (Cargo Mat, Net, & Wheel Locks)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$40,226 Total Invoice Price

I'm not sure if the car you referenced included the Spoiler option or not. It seems that all of them do that I've looked at so far.

Is the difference between this price and the $40,600 that you consider "Invoice" an additional charge for Lexus Regional Advertising? I'm just trying to lock down what some of you have found the Invoice cost to be to make sure that we are all playing on a level field when negotiating an "Invoice Plus" price on this car.

I plan to buy mine soon.....

Thanks,

--AGLAT
Old 04-26-05, 10:31 PM
GS3rdwow
Lead Lap

flipside909 writes:
Are you gonna buy one yet? You've been talking about buying a new GS for about 2 months now, but you're still shopping for a deal? If you aren't ready to buy, wait later this year when the new IS comes out and you'll probably see a better allocation of vehicles shortly. BTW, they're actually giving breaks on 06 GS300 base packages right now. For the GS300 AWD or ML/Nav package or GS430, not anytime soon.

Yeah i was deciding between the RL and GS... the RL I can buy just over invoice...and the GS is still goign to cost me a little mroe than invoice. Afrter debating the overall comfort and physical appeal and value, etc...i decided on the new GS. Im waiting for the right time to buy a new GS. Personally I think the car is overpriced by about 2-3K dollars. There was a 10% increase in price between previous generationa nd the third...thats quite a big jump. Anyway - im nto bitter about that - im just going to wait - I know that based on come of the pricing conditions in certain markets in the US, the GS base RWD (which is what I am looking for to keep my cost as far down as possible) that stickers for 45,679 withouht spoiler - it can be had right now for anywhere between 41-43K. Invoice for that car is very close to 40,600 with all other fees and what not included. (not factoring in holdbacks) To keep a long story short, the markup on ANY new GS is about 5-7K dollars. Thats a big number to play with - if you are Lexus. I want to buy the car for about 500 over invoice. Im sure they will do that with their base models. Most people are requesting mark levinson/nav package to fully load their car, but i dont need all that. I dont need navigation because i know where im goign and i dont need some computer to tell me that..lol and the included sound system is more than enough to satisfy me. Im not goign to pay 2000 dolalrs for some sound sysytem. Hell After market sound sysytem that you can buy for 500 -1000 bucks through outside deals wil be a lot better than mark levinson anyway...but dont get me wrong - im not tryign to trash mark levinson in any way. lol So anyways, im comfortable with just a base car.

To be honest...i dont even want a moon roof.

The onyl thign from the options I would want are:

ventilated seats
adaptive front lighting sysytem/rain sensing wipers pkg
power rear shade
accesories pkg.

Im very sure the invoice for such a car would be around 38-39K. Im comfortable with just that stuff paying 500-1000 over invoice. Maybe less if im lucky.

Anyways - like i said i decided with the new GS...but i will wait and get a base RWD car.

One thing i detest is how the chrome looks on the side aroudn the windows and ont he base of the car. It looks so cheap like that - but im nto going to base my decision of getting the car on that. On the silver GS - you cant really tell becasue it blends in... but I plan on getting flint mica with black interior. You cant get more aggresive and bring out the BEAST in this car more than that color. lol