Notices
GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

CNC adapter for gs350 brake calipers

 
Old 05-01-17, 08:36 AM
  #1  
sladkix
Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 72
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CNC adapter for gs350 brake calipers

So I got a diagram or a blueprint for an adapter to fit 07-11 gs350 4-piston calipers on our 98-05 Gs. Im willing to give it up to anyone who could also machine a pair for me at no cost. (I'll pay the shipping)
*these brakes are are better than ls400. Much sharper.

Last edited by sladkix; 05-01-17 at 10:07 AM.
sladkix is offline  
Old 05-01-17, 10:05 AM
  #2  
sladkix
Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 72
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Top bolt lines up perfectly bit bottom bolt will need to have an adapter braket made. Everthing else bolts up.
So to mount these brakes the following will be needed: 07-11 GS350 calipers, brake pads and rotors off of the same car/model (07-11 Gs350, 430, 450), and adapter brackets.
sladkix is offline  
Old 05-01-17, 05:05 PM
  #3  
firelizard
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
firelizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,053
Received 74 Likes on 71 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sladkix View Post
machine a pair for me at no cost. (I'll pay the shipping)
you mean you'll give up the plans at no cost, not that you want the parts at no cost, right?
firelizard is offline  
Old 05-01-17, 05:15 PM
  #4  
sladkix
Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 72
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by firelizard View Post
you mean you'll give up the plans at no cost, not that you want the parts at no cost, right?
umm not really. I'll give up plans if someone is willing to make me a set of these.
sladkix is offline  
Old 05-01-17, 05:21 PM
  #5  
firelizard
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
firelizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,053
Received 74 Likes on 71 Posts
Default

How much are you willing to pay for them? I'm sure an enterprising machinist would make a run of them if enough interested people could make it worth their time. I would consider doing this instead of an LS400 swap. What clearance issues are there? Does it fit without RCAs in the factory 17" wheels?
firelizard is offline  
Old 05-01-17, 05:43 PM
  #6  
sladkix
Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 72
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Im pretty sure it fits 17" barely any clearance left but it does fit. Rca's not needed.

just to clarify, they fit in gs350 17" but Im not sure about 98-05 gs 5 spoke 17"

​​​​​​​

Last edited by sladkix; 05-02-17 at 01:31 PM.
sladkix is offline  
Old 05-01-17, 05:44 PM
  #7  
sladkix
Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 72
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by firelizard View Post
How much are you willing to pay for them
Im trying to get them at minimal cost as a reward for spending a lot of my time digging this info out.
​​​​​​​

Last edited by sladkix; 05-01-17 at 05:49 PM.
sladkix is offline  
Old 05-02-17, 01:15 PM
  #8  
BiGEZ
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (24)
 
BiGEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 909
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Default

I am I the process of doing the same and have to fit the GS350 calipers on the 2Gen GS. Try AtlantaWaterJet.com, they are the ones that made some other brackets for me.
BiGEZ is offline  
Old 05-02-17, 01:33 PM
  #9  
BiGEZ
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (24)
 
BiGEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 909
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Default

I decided to spent some time on this since the GS350 brakes is much bigger than the LS400 and even the Supra TT. I know I have all three sets in my hands now. Also they are of a newer design and does not need RCA adaptors to clear. Let us get this rolling. I should be done with my design in a few days.
BiGEZ is offline  
Old 05-03-17, 07:07 AM
  #10  
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (182)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: tenn
Posts: 17,249
Received 50 Likes on 50 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BiGEZ View Post
I decided to spent some time on this since the GS350 brakes is much bigger than the LS400 and even the Supra TT. I know I have all three sets in my hands now. Also they are of a newer design and does not need RCA adaptors to clear. Let us get this rolling. I should be done with my design in a few days.
are these just a 2 piston caliper or are they 4?

also if these can be made to adapt then the F-sport Caliper should work also as it is a upgrade for the Gs 350
sakataj is offline  
Old 05-04-17, 10:55 PM
  #11  
GS400V8
Pole Position
iTrader: (4)
 
GS400V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: ישראל
Posts: 370
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

They are all 4 piston calipers. The LS400 are the smallest rotors (315mm) , TT Supras are larger (323mm), and GS350/IS350 are larger but only by 11mm. This divided by 2 gives you only 5.5mm or 0.212 inches material of metal added around the edge of the rotor for leverage/surface area vs. the Supras. ISF rotors are 360mm.

The G/IS/350 calipers look better for sure, might be lighter, might have less brake fade, but how much is the question, marginally so? I just wanted to give some data here.
I have the Supras because I didn't want to add any extra pieces of metal to my suspension, such as RCAs or brackets.
They have more than enough stopping power, and with Pilot Super Sports, the deceleration is brutal. It should also be noted that you won't feel the difference in hard stopping when limits of the tires are reached with all season/non-sticky tires with any big brake setup. So even 3GS brakes with bad tires will be worse than LS400 with sports tires although the fade is questionable and hard to prove back to back

Last edited by GS400V8; 05-04-17 at 11:25 PM.
GS400V8 is offline  
Old 05-04-17, 11:17 PM
  #12  
Wrath
Driver
iTrader: (2)
 
Wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 106
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

What is the construction of the GS350 calipers, steel or aluminum?
Wrath is offline  
Old 05-05-17, 04:20 AM
  #13  
sladkix
Rookie
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Florida
Posts: 72
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GS400V8 View Post
They are all 4 piston calipers. The LS400 are the smallest rotors (315mm) , TT Supras are larger (323mm), and GS350/IS350 are larger but only by 11mm. This divided by 2 gives you only 5.5mm or 0.212 inches material of metal added around the edge of the rotor for leverage/surface area vs. the Supras. ISF rotors are 360mm.

The G/IS/350 calipers look better for sure, might be lighter, might have less brake fade, but how much is the question, marginally so? I just wanted to give some data here.
I have the Supras because I didn't want to add any extra pieces of metal to my suspension, such as RCAs or brackets.
They have more than enough stopping power, and with Pilot Super Sports, the deceleration is brutal. It should also be noted that you won't feel the difference in hard stopping when limits of the tires are reached with all season/non-sticky tires with any big brake setup. So even 3GS brakes with bad tires will be worse than LS400 with sports tires although the fade is questionable and hard to prove back to back
thanks for technical info. Of course tires play a big role in braking. I've driven is350 (same brakes on gs350) and they fels much better than ls400 brakes that I got on my gs400. The initial bite is harder and it feels firmer overall. Even thou they are both 4 piston calipers, pistons of gs350 calipers are bigger.
sladkix is offline  
Old 05-05-17, 05:56 AM
  #14  
BiGEZ
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (24)
 
BiGEZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 909
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wrath View Post
What is the construction of the GS350 calipers, steel or aluminum?
The GS350 calipers are aluminum and are lighter than both the LS400 and Supra TT calipers.
BiGEZ is offline  
Old 05-05-17, 11:20 AM
  #15  
GS400V8
Pole Position
iTrader: (4)
 
GS400V8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: ישראל
Posts: 370
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Default

No problem! Some more info to keep in mind is the 3IS weighs 100lbs less than the 2GS and 4IS can be 140lbs lighter. The 3GS is even 200-300lbs heavier than the 2GS!
Also, the 2001 models had a larger piston bore for the master cylinder, and the 3IS/3GS probably got it upsized again. This alone would affect the pedal feel combined with the IS350 you drove being lighter than any other cars.
GS400V8 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CNC adapter for gs350 brake calipers


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: