Bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 help - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 help

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-13, 10:08 AM   #1
JKgs
Driver School Candidate
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MD
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 help

Help...
Can anyone help me with the location of bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 on a 2003 gs300. Looking for any info... Denso part numbers, upstream down etc... The error code for the bank 1 sen 1 was p0031 and the code for bank 1 sensor 2 is p0037

Thanks again
JKgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 10:47 AM   #2
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 512
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

They're in the exhaust.

Did you try Google? I just took 2 seconds to type "gs300 bank 1 sensor 2" into Google and the very first result was a "how to" thread on this very forum. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mai...ode-p0141.html

The diagram in that thread should be all the info you need to replace both sensors.

Put your flame suit on....

Last edited by mk2tmr2; 03-11-13 at 10:50 AM.
mk2tmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 01:35 PM   #3
subzero32
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
They're in the exhaust.

Did you try Google? I just took 2 seconds to type "gs300 bank 1 sensor 2" into Google and the very first result was a "how to" thread on this very forum. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mai...ode-p0141.html

The diagram in that thread should be all the info you need to replace both sensors.

Put your flame suit on....
That diagram is very useful. I just did bank 1 sensor 2 and bank 2 sensor 1. It took alot of penetrating oil and heat but I got them replaced. Now I need to replace bank 2 sensor 2 which is under the passenger carpet. I put in two Bosch sensors from Autozone. If you cross reference the Denso part # to the ones listed on Amazon you can get them for well under $100. No flame suit needed yet my Lexus friend, I'm always glad to help. Others will not be so kind.
subzero32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 01:48 PM   #4
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 512
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I did bank 2 sensor 2 with a generic Bosch sensor. It was a very easy job. It's probably easier than both of the Bank 1 sensors because you can get plenty of leverage on the sensor with a long breaker bar. Access to the plug under the passenger carpet is dead easy.
mk2tmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 02:28 PM   #5
Debonair
iModerate
 
Debonair's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: 408 NOR CAL
Posts: 3,315
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKgs View Post
Help...
Can anyone help me with the location of bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 1 sensor 2 on a 2003 gs300. Looking for any info... Denso part numbers, upstream down etc... The error code for the bank 1 sen 1 was p0031 and the code for bank 1 sensor 2 is p0037

Thanks again
Looky HERE.
Debonair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 05:20 PM   #6
subzero32
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 139
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
I did bank 2 sensor 2 with a generic Bosch sensor. It was a very easy job. It's probably easier than both of the Bank 1 sensors because you can get plenty of leverage on the sensor with a long breaker bar. Access to the plug under the passenger carpet is dead easy.
Did you just pry up the door sill with a screw driver to get under the carpet?
subzero32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 06:47 PM   #7
mk2tmr2
Lead Lap
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: TX
Posts: 512
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero32 View Post
Did you just pry up the door sill with a screw driver to get under the carpet?
Nope. Just my fingers. You can just pull it up. It will pop out of it's retainers with a little bit of muscle.
mk2tmr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-13, 08:16 PM   #8
wvpptzff
Driver School Candidate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Access to the plug under the passenger carpet is dead easy.
wvpptzff is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
P0051- oxygen sensor bank 2 sensor 1 rahiman9 RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) 3 12-14-16 06:38 AM
O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 part number? roshedomv2 IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 3 11-05-16 02:33 PM
Oxygen Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1 and Engine Misfires Bwolf IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) 1 05-06-14 08:19 PM
P0138 Code O2 Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 Part Number SICK350 ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) 7 03-11-14 06:20 PM
Codes P1150 and P0174 ACaldwell ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) 3 08-14-11 04:41 PM


Tags
400 , 470 , bank , bank1 , change , gs , gs300 , gx , is300 , isf , lexus , location , sen1 , sensor , sensor2 , thing

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:32 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: