GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What does YOUR trunk look like?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-08, 10:23 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

not that I dont mind seeing tight systems but I really wanted to see air ride set up?! in addition to stereo systems? ANYMORE WITH AIR RIDE INTEGRATED WITH THERE SYSTEMS? Or just air ride alone?
Old 10-02-08, 10:48 AM
krazyGs3
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
what made you put concept amps to DD's? In my world, I would never put that kind of power to such a sweet set of woofers! nothing but clean power for me! I used to use all those "4000 watt amps" for a short while untill I did the research on what was really being pushed. then I got a bad as MTX 1501d amp (which was considered one of the best of its time ESPECIALLY for the price) and that 1500 watt amp out preformed the so called 4000watt amp I had.... not my choice. however, you can NEVER go wrong with DD gotta love them!
I had these amps for a while when I use to compete in spl. with the DD I hit 153.2 db, Maybe cause its Hawaii but its hella loud. The amp is putting out 64 volts ac which is about 4096 watts, so I know these amps work. So 2000 watts a sub is about right. This is an old spl set up. If I wanted clear I would have used the 6000 series DD's. I roll so you hear me before you see me..

Or I could just drop 2-4000 watt amps.
Old 10-02-08, 11:36 AM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

not that I dont mind seeing tight systems but I really wanted to see air ride set up?! in addition to stereo systems? ANYMORE WITH AIR RIDE INTEGRATED WITH THERE SYSTEMS? Or just air ride alone?
LOL 5 pages later. When i read your first post i thought you were talking about air ride but then i read it again. It leaves a little room for interpretation there. At least you got a nice collection of sub setups together here.

I would love to see what people have done with their bag or system set ups! Custom look? or just thrown together or just clean? I've done some extensive looking in the search and havent found anything... I've got something up my sleeve that some may have not done with their bags, and want to make sure!
Old 10-02-08, 12:19 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I had this in my other thread, but I'll add it here just to join the fun.

Old 10-02-08, 01:01 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha i was wondering about this too.. you did ask for air setups but also just trunk pics in general... well i guess you should specify a little more next time but these are some really cool and often never seen pics that i do enjoy looking at myself.

to the guy who had the 2 rockford subs + box + 2 rockford amps in that car show: what kind of stuff, and roughly how much of an invest if you don't mind me asking, cuz i used to be a huge rockford fanatic with their old line but since their new line up i have lost interest almost completely. this was my last setup:

even older:
Old 10-02-08, 02:21 PM
Lettuce
Lexus Champion

Old 10-02-08, 02:44 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's my baby ...

Old 10-02-08, 07:31 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I can see that ^^those^^ pictures do no justice for the set up.. thats a much different deal there... is that suede in there? and what subs are they?
Old 10-02-08, 07:53 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

nice setups guys!!
Old 10-02-08, 07:57 PM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Nice cars, Emerald. Haha.
Old 10-02-08, 08:28 PM
Supraownzu
Driver

Originally Posted by sojah

to the guy who had the 2 rockford subs + box + 2 rockford amps in that car show: what kind of stuff, and roughly how much of an invest if you don't mind me asking, cuz i used to be a huge rockford fanatic with their old line but since their new line up i have lost interest almost completely.
i actually work in the car audio industry, so i installed it all myself, and got a sweet deal on the product from rockford, so it didnt cost to much. if i had to do it all over again for a customer, you'd prolly be somewhere in the $2500ish range for all the equipment and install in the trunk. to be honest, rockford has kinda made a comeback with this latest stuff. i dont think i have ever swapped a P3 or a power amp out, and we sell the sh#t out of it. I do recall the early years though, and they have made a serious effort in the past 2years to get back to that level.

jeff, no wonder that thing aint goin' 11's with all that in the trunk
Old 10-02-08, 08:41 PM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can see that ^^those^^ pictures do no justice for the set up.. thats a much different deal there... is that suede in there? and what subs are they?
The subs are MB Quart PWE 302's powered by a Sundown Audio 1500.1 mono amp (the amp is mounted behind the box), the bass control **** is mounted in my ash tray (I usually only keep it at 25% and it thumps HARD). Yea the front is suede over a custom ported box with plexiglass windows, the box is ported through the stock sub opening. The plexiglass was sandblasted so that the LED's reflect off the surface better at night, and yea the pictures suck lol, it looks much better in person
Old 10-02-08, 08:42 PM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Jeff has all his stuff back there so he can even have hopes of getting traction. Haha.
Old 10-03-08, 12:11 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
The subs are MB Quart PWE 302's powered by a Sundown Audio 1500.1 mono amp (the amp is mounted behind the box), the bass control **** is mounted in my ash tray (I usually only keep it at 25% and it thumps HARD). Yea the front is suede over a custom ported box with plexiglass windows, the box is ported through the stock sub opening. The plexiglass was sandblasted so that the LED's reflect off the surface better at night, and yea the pictures suck lol, it looks much better in person
what I like about it is its not the typical set up! I had designed a box VERY similar to that, but couldnt get enough room for the port to do its thing in the box, so I built the "typical" box. However, my new set up will be sexy and I've only seen 1 maybe 2 with a similar set up, however plexy will be different. once again, nice.
Old 10-03-08, 12:58 AM
SHiZNiLTi
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

DUDE! You're talking about one of the big boys (about the 5th level up)!! they do 1500watts every morning when they wakeup! they're like $700-$800 bucks! and these are rated VERY mildly! The XXX is rated at 2000rms and can handle 20,000watt burbs and can handle I believe it was 10,000watts for 30 seconds... on Realm of Excursion, one of the "fun" things people do is hook woofers up to wall sockets to destroy them... well some guy got the xxx and hooked it up and couldnt fry it for shiits! At one point he popped the breaker! LoL.. what sucks is that they used to be pretty cheap, but got a little cockey and also USAmps bought them out so prices went up (but so did quality and technology) a short quick history, the guy who created them began his venture in his garage and was mass producing them in his garage! nuts... (they have always been made to order till now) ANYWAYS! you can get away with the SX which goes for under $250. Now mind you, its all in the box! you can get a bad *** woofer in a crappy box and just kill the sound! Even an SE can kick some ***... The only thing with the SX and SE is you lose that pretty basket/magnet.
Nice to see some that knows real carauadio.

I'm going to do a 4th order bandpass with (4) 10's ported into the rear cab through the factory sub cutout in the future.

Here is my setup in my other ride since it's related...

I've hit 149 on the temlab with a single Fi BTL 18" in 7cubes @ 32hz with 100sq.in. of port area...

Here is a vid I made, has about 60,000 views, make sure to turn speakers up...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuVtPkKWkB0

Here's a link to my lates build, (2) RE MT 18's in a 15cuft enclosure tuned to 28hz. This setup will do hair tricks no problem, also that's my purp in the background ...
http://members.***.net/shiznilti/

Check out this link for fraps of google sketchup box design...
http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n228/SHiZNiLTi/

This box came out nice with the gloss black piano finish...
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/ele/805453880.html

Last edited by SHiZNiLTi; 10-03-08 at 01:03 AM.

Quick Reply: What does YOUR trunk look like?