GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

What does YOUR trunk look like?

Old 10-01-08, 01:59 AM
dwoods420
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a very old pic of mine
I like it. Nice and clean. I can get to my spare. The box is ported into my back deck where the oem sub would be. And behind is all the amps and nav & tv brains.

Old 10-01-08, 02:20 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by shvc1991
Well considering you can grab a pair for about $330 to $400 at most, they'll beat most of the competition in the same price range.
I would beg to differ! (not trying to argue k and yes I'm aware you said MOST competition ) For $300 i'd stay away from them, IMHO I believe the CVR's are way over priced. One thing that a lot of people dont think about is instead of spending say (in your situation) $300, you can get a pretty bad *** single woofer that could out perform a set of $150 woofers; ya feel? Now I personally would spend $150 on an RE Audio woofer (to name just one brand). One of those would probably meet or exceed a pair of CVR's... I'm sure they sound great dont get me wrong, I'm just the type who will look at EVERY option for what ever $$ amount I set. But with Car audio I've been doing for about 10 years and know what to look for.

but I would LOVE to know who sold you a pair for $300-$400 bucks! cause they are ~$150 a pair!
Old 10-01-08, 02:24 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

oh yea and an SPL woofer would look more like this:

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 10-01-08 at 02:42 AM.
Old 10-01-08, 02:27 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

I got mine for $250 + the box..... If you go to some store like Circuit City they'll throw them at you for $350-$400.

Anyway, I know what you're saying..... I plan on switching to JL and MB Quart for my next set up once I fry everything. I'm just saying, if you're not exactly looking for anything spectacular, these subs will do more than enough for you.
Old 10-01-08, 02:30 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

DC Audio Level 5 is enough to blow up your car... No thanks. Lol.
Old 10-01-08, 02:41 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I got mine for $250 + the box..... If you go to some store like Circuit City they'll throw them at you for $350-$400.

Anyway, I know what you're saying..... I plan on switching to JL and MB Quart for my next set up once I fry everything. I'm just saying, if you're not exactly looking for anything spectacular, these subs will do more than enough for you.
yea, circuit city (like any other chain) are rip offs!!! MB and JL will give you some nice sound. But for interior speakers, I prefer Focal, Moral, Rainbow or even Hertz can kick some ***! After my experience with these, I will never go back to another speaker.. on woofers, there are soo many ways to go! I'm running 2 JL 13w7's and really only have them to say I have 2 13w7's! I'm positive I could have found plenty better for cheaper...

DC Audio Level 5 is enough to blow up your car... No thanks. Lol.
LoL, funny shiits! I know all too well.. As I'm waiting for the paint on the GS, I got a call saying the rear bumper was unuseable! LoL, the bass ripped all but one tab and the bumper was barley hanging! LoL I knew it was bad, but not THAT bad! LoL
Old 10-01-08, 02:44 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
yea, circuit city (like any other chain) are rip offs!!! MB and JL will give you some nice sound. But for interior speakers, I prefer Focal, Moral, Rainbow or even Hertz can kick some ***! After my experience with these, I will never go back to another speaker.. on woofers, there are soo many ways to go! I'm running 2 JL 13w7's and really only have them to say I have 2 13w7's! I'm positive I could have found plenty better for cheaper...

LoL, funny shiits! I know all too well.. As I'm waiting for the paint on the GS, I got a call saying the rear bumper was unuseable! LoL, the bass ripped all but one tab and the bumper was barley hanging! LoL I knew it was bad, but not THAT bad! LoL
I might go with Focal for the interior speakers if I can find a good deal, but I got an amazing deal from a local audio store for 2 pairs of MB Quart speakers. I'll need to get speaker adapters though. 4"s just doesn't cut it.

Haha, DC will make you take funny ****s.

That sucks man.... Time for a Win or Vertex body kit. TADA! New excuse to make your car look beastlier.
Old 10-01-08, 02:52 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I might go with Focal for the interior speakers if I can find a good deal, but I got an amazing deal from a local audio store for 2 pairs of MB Quart speakers. I'll need to get speaker adapters though. 4"s just doesn't cut it.

Haha, DC will make you take funny ****s.

That sucks man.... Time for a Win or Vertex body kit. TADA! New excuse to make your car look beastlier.
If you get a good deal on MB, its a good deal.. They cant be frowned on, however I only support they expensive ones! I personaly dont like any other than those! With focal (like JL) they dont make crap! Even their low end will surpass probably ALL of the same price!

and I've failed to create a thread on the project I'm working one, but I've got the JP kit for the ride! ... Otherwise, I would NEVER paint my car from factor to factory! Kind of a waste. To spend money to make the car a bit better than it was before all my projects will always take steps to be completely different then any other! I remember when I had no choice but to get a honda (I know I know ) I'll never for get this: I went to the store and when I came out and walked towards my car, I couldnt find it?! there were 4 parked in the same vicinity of mine same car same color!! LoL........ i dont want to feel like a fool again! LoL. but yea, I like to be different.
Old 10-01-08, 02:59 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Didnt think until now, but here are some pics of my trunk before I finished it! LoL (I decided to go with air ride AFTER I began, so now I must change EVERYTHING!)

Old 10-01-08, 03:28 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I'll need to get speaker adapters though. 4"s just doesn't cut it.
Im not sure how much they cost, but have you though of fabricating your own adapters? its fairly easy and can save you a buck! I'm yet to do mine, the focals I have are all 6.5's components, so yea I too will have to do so.
Old 10-01-08, 03:32 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

If you get a good deal on MB, its a good deal.. They cant be frowned on, however I only support they expensive ones! I personaly dont like any other than those! With focal (like JL) they dont make crap! Even their low end will surpass probably ALL of the same price!

and I've failed to create a thread on the project I'm working one, but I've got the JP kit for the ride! ... Otherwise, I would NEVER paint my car from factor to factory! Kind of a waste. To spend money to make the car a bit better than it was before all my projects will always take steps to be completely different then any other! I remember when I had no choice but to get a honda (I know I know ) I'll never for get this: I went to the store and when I came out and walked towards my car, I couldnt find it?! there were 4 parked in the same vicinity of mine same car same color!! LoL........ i dont want to feel like a fool again! LoL. but yea, I like to be different.
I know what you mean about that. I'm sticking with the JL subs, though.

Haha, Honda. Oh boy. That's cool though man. You must save up for a while before doing everything.

Didnt think until now, but here are some pics of my trunk before I finished it! LoL (I decided to go with air ride AFTER I began, so now I must change EVERYTHING!)
That sucksss. Looks like you put a lot of time into you set up. Now you have to change it. What are you using for the air ride? The universal kit?
Old 10-01-08, 03:49 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

I know what you mean about that. I'm sticking with the JL subs, though.

Haha, Honda. Oh boy. That's cool though man. You must save up for a while before doing everything.

That sucksss. Looks like you put a lot of time into you set up. Now you have to change it. What are you using for the air ride? The universal kit?
well the I had no choice with the honda! It was given to me after I rolled my Lincoln! I dont think I've ever owned a caca car! LoL, cars are my passion and wouldnt willingly choose to drive certain cars... and yea you cant go wrong with JL at all! theres a reason why people still compare the new stuff to JL! also a reason why I still use them. I believe all but maybe one system I've had has been JL. and yea, I had to take a sledge to that box cause I built that box IN the car! as for the air ride.... thats a WHOLE other issue! (was discussed in other thread) I was told that it was a custom kit and not the universal, but after I got it, I found it to be the universal and what made it "custom" were the mounts on the bag itself so the words they gave me were carefully chosen... but i'm not too ashamed, most use them. I got the kit from VTKustoms. I know wish I just got the air runner... I should have done a bit more research before I bought the kit, but oh well.
Old 10-01-08, 04:02 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

well the I had no choice with the honda! It was given to me after I rolled my Lincoln! I dont think I've ever owned a caca car! LoL, cars are my passion and wouldnt willingly choose to drive certain cars... and yea you cant go wrong with JL at all! theres a reason why people still compare the new stuff to JL! also a reason why I still use them. I believe all but maybe one system I've had has been JL. and yea, I had to take a sledge to that box cause I built that box IN the car! as for the air ride.... thats a WHOLE other issue! (was discussed in other thread) I was told that it was a custom kit and not the universal, but after I got it, I found it to be the universal and what made it "custom" were the mounts on the bag itself so the words they gave me were carefully chosen... but i'm not too ashamed, most use them. I got the kit from VTKustoms. I know wish I just got the air runner... I should have done a bit more research before I bought the kit, but oh well.
Haha, I like your choice of words. Caca car.

Can't wait to get rid of the stupid OEM rattle piece and replace it with a lip spoiler. JL, here I come.

Hey, everyone makes mistakes. Yours wasn't too bad. It's not like you bought a Bentley badged Honda and thought it was a Maserati.
Old 10-01-08, 04:10 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, I like your choice of words. Caca car.

Can't wait to get rid of the stupid OEM rattle piece and replace it with a lip spoiler. JL, here I come.

Hey, everyone makes mistakes. Yours wasn't too bad. It's not like you bought a Bentley badged Honda and thought it was a Maserati.
yea it was either caca or popo

and yea, either way, I dont like to make mistakes.... and I say whoever DOES make the mistake of buying a Bentley badged honda as a Maserati deserves to have it! I mean damn, you see manual roll up windows you should know its not a Maseratie

what JL's you looking at?
Old 10-01-08, 04:14 AM
shvc1991
Lexus Test Driver

yea it was either caca or popo

and yea, either way, I dont like to make mistakes.... and I say whoever DOES make the mistake of buying a Bentley badged honda as a Maserati deserves to have it! I mean damn, you see manual roll up windows you should know its not a Maseratie

what JL's you looking at?
Caca takes the cakes.

Lmao. I was kidding on that one. You have to be full retard if you do something like that.

I'm looking at the W7s or course. They just look so bad ***.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What does YOUR trunk look like?