GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Who's giving the good price for L-Tune parts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-01, 06:38 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ran into a fellow ClubLexus member the other day on the street (funny how we all seem to just bump into each other) and we were talking about L-Tuning our GS's.

He told me there was this one post before of someone who was affiliated with a Lexus dealership out in Cali and could get us springs/shocks/ECU for around $500?
How much extra does the exhaust cost? And, does the exhaust make the GS louder? That's actually something that I don't want for my ride if it gets loud........

Do any of you remember that post and/or know who this person is?

Thanks for all your help!
Old 06-22-01, 08:36 AM
Harrier
Pole Position

Everyone member should know this guy by now:

"I'd recommend you give Steve Ganz a call directly for prices - shipping is different to different areas of the country.

And, at least for a while (if congress keeps moving the way it is), no sales tax if you don't live in CA! Of course I will list what I'm supposed to my my 2001 returns .

Steve's number is 800 908 6968 x2381."

-Quoted from DaveGS4

Old 06-24-01, 12:38 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Thanks!

Harrier, thanks for the reply. I tried giving him a call on Friday, but I got his VoiceMail.

Anybody know of a vendor who can distribute Erebuni bodykits at a great price? I'm definitely interested......

Thanks again!
Old 06-24-01, 01:01 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Thanks!

Originally posted by kevs
Harrier, thanks for the reply. I tried giving him a call on Friday, but I got his VoiceMail.

Anybody know of a vendor who can distribute Erebuni bodykits at a great price? I'm definitely interested......

Thanks again!

Everyone member should know this guy by now:

Manaray, absolute hater of knock-off stuff (with some exceptions) (Erebuni is not an exception)

haha seriously, don't get knock-offs. Poor quality, wrong fitment, etc. etc. If you drive a GS then stay away from Erebuni kits. Ask Manaray about this

Get something real. The kits from Erebuni are fakes anyways, the real ones are better generally.

If budget is a problem, then just cool down a bit, save enough that you can get real kits. Trust me it's worth the extra investment (most of the time).
Old 06-24-01, 03:03 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

hehehe Globe...thanks for the "intro"

Looks like you covered everything though!

There actually is one kit that I know of that is not a knock-off as far as I know...the kit for the pre-97 SC300/400. I'm not as familiar with the SC's bodykit market as I am with the GS's and LS's market though...but the only part that looks the same as another kits is the rear bumper spoiler...it looks like the AutoCouture kit but it's a simple spoiler (i.e. generic enough that no one can really "claim" it) and I haven't been able to compare the rear ends side by side (the front and sides definitely look different...though not drastically)

At any rate, according to another member who has this kit, the fit wasn't that great but it's a good looking kit. I would personally not do an Erebuni kit for the GS...

One thing you have to remember is that with the extra cost involved in modifying the body kit to fit correctly, your "final out the door" price may be close to that of the real kit "out the door" (meaning painted and installed) Something to consider...

Hey Globe, I think all the knock-off fakers should start their own club..."Fakers-R-Us"...to show what a nice guy I am, I even created a club logo for the members! Here it is...
Attached Thumbnails Who's giving the good price for L-Tune parts?-fakers.jpg  

Last edited by Manaray; 06-24-01 at 03:06 AM.
Old 06-24-01, 09:50 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Default Wowsers.......

:eek: I had no idea that Erebuni kits were knockoffs and that the fit sucked. Thanks for telling me, guys. If I hadn't asked here, I would have probably bought the kit. I appreciate you guys because you just saved me lots of headache and hassle.

So is there a vendor then that can supply kits (like the ones found at www.gtautosports.com) at a fair price? Do these kits actually fit better?

Which kit, in your experiences, have the least fitment problems?

Again, I'm so glad ya'll told me!!!!
Old 06-24-01, 01:49 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

relatively speaking, i would go for either the RMM kit, or the factory JDM kit that steve sells right now.
Old 06-24-01, 07:42 PM
MikeGS4PE
Lexus Test Driver

manaray...LMAO!

kevs...the kits from gtautosports normally run around 3k for the front/side/rear. Like Will said, I would try the RMM, but I do not like that kit becuase the side skirts, I was told, were add ons. You can question the front ends orginality, but I hear it fits well and is made of polyurethane, same as stock.

Welcome

ps...gs4will can get good prices on bilstein stocks to match with eibachs or H&Rs, but they cost a more than l-tuned. They also have a lifetime warranty which l-tuned shocks don't. Look into it
Old 06-24-01, 07:51 PM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

mike,

thanks for the word.

will
Old 06-24-01, 11:05 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

MikeGS4PE and gs4will, thanks for your input. A couple more questions for ya (or anybody else with ideas!):

1. Is the front part of the JDM kit that Steve sells just the lip or is it a whole replacement bumper?

2. What shocks/springs come with the L-tune parts? Are the Bilstein shocks, Eibachs, and H&Rs covered under Lexus warranty?

3. What's the warranty on the L-Tune parts? Are these the only parts covered under Lexus warranty?

4. Does the mods in the springs/shocks take away from the plush ride of a stock GS? I don't really want to sacrifice the ride comfort b/c that's one of the big reasons why I'm buying the car!

Thanks everyone!
Old 06-25-01, 02:46 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Kevs...

1) The JDM TRD kit is just a lip. Adds-on to the stock bumper...but it comes pre-painted (so long as it's black, silver, or white)

2) Anything that is NOT L-Tuned, is NOT covered by the factory warrenty. I believe the L-Tuned shock is a Bilstein and the spring is by Eibach...

3) Full factory warrenty...yes.

4) A little bit, but the L-Tuned combo is very close to stock...
Old 06-25-01, 10:32 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

kev,

let me add-on a few more points:

1.the only way you can retain Lexus warranty on l-tune parts is to have them installed by a dealer at outrageous prices which 85 % of memebers choose not to.

2.from several members' and steve's words, l-tune shocks are actually factory OEM shocks that were made for the european model gs w/sports pkg to make the ride slightly firmer than our reg. gs. hence, like manaray said, the ride is very close to stock.

the actual bilateins sport shocks are a bit firmer than the l-tunes. it all depends on your taste.

if you worry about sacrificing ride comfort, may i suggest you find someone w/diff set up and take a test drive. because each person has diff assessment on the issue of ride quality.
Old 06-25-01, 10:44 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, I heard that Lex dealer install prices are crazy!

But.....I also heard that if you get an ASCE certified installer to put in your parts (who doesn't have to be affiiliated with Lexus), the warranty is still okay. They don't tell you that at Lexus, but I heard this from another car dealer who sells high end cars.

Just thought I'd like to point that out!
Old 06-25-01, 11:09 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Lightbulb

Kevs,

if this warranty issue concerns you, may i suggest you call and talk to dealers in your area about the l-tune warranty. though they rarely go wrong, but IF oneday something went wrong, it would be at the discretion of your dealer to decide whether they want to file for the warranty claim on your behalf.

will
Old 06-26-01, 01:08 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Actually, my bad on the L-Tuned shock and springs...I was thinking about the Lsportline setup! The L-Tuned, I have no idea but I believe Will...I'm sure Steve will also know some more details about that...

Kevs, that's a interesting point about the ASCE cert. mechanics...I guess calling Lexus Customer Service is the only way to find out...

I think if you work with a local dealer, they will give you a break on the price if they like you Doesn't hurt to try...

Otherwise, I say screw the warranty...now if I bought a Ford, I would concerned...but not with a Lexus...