GS - 2nd Gen (1998-2005) Discussion about the second generation GS300, GS400 and GS430 (1998 - 2005)

Wood Trim Kit For A Low Price?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-01, 11:05 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does anybody know where I can get a wood trim kit for a low price for my 99 gs400 with nak?

I see prices of around $250 to $300 on websites and at local wood places. Some kits have the wood peices that go around the up/down shift buttons on the steering wheel and some don't. Some even have the wood peice for the overhead console that has all the buttons for the HomeLink, Sunroof, etc. I have found such a kit on Ebay for $120 brand new, does anybody know of any other different kits? or a cheaper kit?

Also, I have heard about the 3-D molded wood kits, they look a lot better and I wouldn't mind paying a couple hundred or so more for them, do any of you know anyone who sells a 3-D wood kit for the gs4?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-01, 11:42 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

http://www.autodash.com/
http://www.woodtrim.com/default.cfm?loc=home
http://www.legendfive.com/
http://www.wooddash.com/

try all those.

I'm very interested in aluminum trim but no one has it yet so.... dunno what it'll look like.
Old 04-17-01, 12:52 AM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Default thanks

thanks

I checked all of those but found no 3D molded kits and most of the flat kits were around $250 - $350, which still doesn't beat the brand new kit on auction on Ebay for $120

I guess we can keep looking for more sites
Old 04-17-01, 09:17 PM
biggie27
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think RMM has the aluminum trim for the GS but its like 1100 last time I checked but if you wanta wood kit you can check exoticwooddash.com thats where I baught my carbon fiber kit and it covers every thing you asked for its a 24 pcs. kit so yes it also covers the shift buttons,the sunroof buttons, the fron and back window buttons, and the back ash trays and it cost somewhere around $250 I cant remember the price exactly since its been a while since I baught it but you can call them up and ask
Old 04-17-01, 09:53 PM
KNKGS400
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

2 Question regurading the wood kit..i have a gs400 00 "platinum edition" first has anyone added more wood to there platinum edition? and if so can anyone refer the store that has good oem match to my car thanks in advance.
Old 04-17-01, 09:57 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

I don't really want a carbon fiber kit, I have a champagne exterior and beige interior and wood trim goes very well with that, I think I will just get the one on ebay for $129, did you guys know that its made by the same person at www.wooddashfactory.com who sells the same exact kit on his site for $242?? Tells you very easily that their cost is even less than the $129 on ebay, probably even less than $100, oh well, I am getting that one on ebay for $129.
Old 04-19-01, 09:12 PM
salimshah

Received 996 Likes on 900 Posts
Question With Lettering

Any lead on Wood Trim with lettering as opposed to cut-outs?
Old 04-19-01, 10:09 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Default DONT BUY FROM WOOD DASH FACTORY

I called up wooddashfactory.com to simply make sure that the kit they offered on ebay would match my factory wood color.

This is the information I gathered:

NEVER BUY FROM WOOD DASH FACTORY !!!

First of all, the whole business seems to be VERY unprofessional, when he put me on hold that meant he put the receiver down, they hardly even know what they are talking about.

The first guy I talked to hardly knew anything and was taking a long time to answer my questions, but I was patient and waited, until he handed the phone to another guy.

This other guy SCREAMED AT ME ! He was continously shouting at me and was extremely rude.

I don't know how to explain what I have gone through, I felt like he was stomping on me ! But I acted totally normal and naive while he was shouting at me.

Their kits are not even guaranteed to match OEM unless you take a picture of the wood in your car and send it to them and he has to match it. Even after all that, if it doesn't match, he won't give refund if it doesn't match when I purchase the kit from him. He even said that the factory wood on my door wouldn't match the factory console wood.

They don't even make the kits, they purchase them wholesale from some cheap place probably and sell with a huge markup.

Buying from them would let them get away with bad customer service.

My suggestion to everyone out there is to NEVER buy from them, let their sales drop significantly, and when they try to figure out why they aren't doing so good, maybe they will think about improving customer service.

By the way, if you guys are interested in checking out the business yourselves, feel free to call 1.800.713.1944

simply ask for a Lexus GS400 kit and ask whether it will match or not, or ask about any kit for that matter.

I myself was terribly ridiculed by him, you might be too so be cautious.

Is there anything else I could do to make them sorry for what they did to me? I am never ever going to call them again, maybe there is a business records place that I can call and alert them about this?
Old 04-20-01, 02:33 PM
LexusPride
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine through my Lexus dealer (around $250 and yes, do it yourself, it's very easy), it doesn't match exactly, it's a little darker. It looks fine on the center console, even down near the shift, but I took off the pieces by the door locks, it was too noticeable in comparison to the wood on the doors. And for some reason, the pieces for the area where the domelight and sunroof switches are, and the rear vents, weren't included. The company that makes it is called B & I (no website).