GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Turbo advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-16, 02:43 PM
91fox94gs3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo advice

Aye fellas just be honest with me.Is this junk or not ?

http://www.fastwayracer.com/p2965/93-06-Lexus-GS300-2JZ-GE-GT35-T4-Turbo-Kit/product_info.html?osCsid=9beb6684a9604538ad9ad6b5f3ea7e32
Old 08-03-16, 07:54 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats not a Garrett turbocharger, it's an ebay replica made by a company called CXRacing. I really don't know where its made or anything about them but I do know that the actual Garrett turbocharger would cost more than this entire kit by itself. I wouldn't put that on my car because its not going to last. That might be fine for some people but just be aware that the manifold might crack, often, and require constant welding. The intercooler tubing isn't going to fit perfectly and the couplers might slip off unless you roll a bead onto the ends. It says that it comes exactly as pictured but the description says that you have to bend the pipe yourself. I expect you'd just get a couple lengths of piping. That BOV might leak boost and the boost controller might give you boost creep. As far as I can tell, you're going to have to drill and tap your oil pan with a fitting for that oil return line. You still need a downpipe and it doesn't come with the ECU.

Do you really want to install a turbo timer described as 'It is made of high quality' ?

It also says it comes with a tachometer. I doubt that and its not pictured.
Old 08-04-16, 08:27 AM
91fox94gs3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mandrake
Thats not a Garrett turbocharger, it's an ebay replica made by a company called CXRacing. I really don't know where its made or anything about them but I do know that the actual Garrett turbocharger would cost more than this entire kit by itself. I wouldn't put that on my car because its not going to last. That might be fine for some people but just be aware that the manifold might crack, often, and require constant welding. The intercooler tubing isn't going to fit perfectly and the couplers might slip off unless you roll a bead onto the ends. It says that it comes exactly as pictured but the description says that you have to bend the pipe yourself. I expect you'd just get a couple lengths of piping. That BOV might leak boost and the boost controller might give you boost creep. As far as I can tell, you're going to have to drill and tap your oil pan with a fitting for that oil return line. You still need a downpipe and it doesn't come with the ECU.

Do you really want to install a turbo timer described as 'It is made of high quality' ?

It also says it comes with a tachometer. I doubt that and its not pictured.
Lol ok ok in understand..well can you possibly point me in the right direction of a pretty decent turbo kit?
Old 08-04-16, 09:24 AM
Mandrake
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 91fox94gs3
Lol ok ok in understand..well can you possibly point me in the right direction of a pretty decent turbo kit?
This looks like a good place to start:
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...A-T-conversion