GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-06, 03:17 PM
dbltakegs3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paul

Hey Paul... u got any pics of the car on the outside. with the wheels and everything yet.

What widebody where u looking to get.
Old 01-04-07, 08:06 AM
dbltakegs3
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default updates

any new updates.............video clips, pics, ect..........
Old 01-05-07, 06:20 PM
gs300pnp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nothing yet. all my doors, hood, trunk, sunroof, all trim and all glass is off the car as it goes thorough a complete body restoration. I'm hopefull it will be done by the end of Feb so it can be tuned for TX2K7.

Any 1st Gens with upgraded seats?

I'm considering going with racing seats and wanted to see if anyone has done this.

I like the Sparco Milano but it will change the esthetics of the car... unless I change the rear to match the front... don't know yet... trying to sketch it out to get some kind of idea of having all racing seats inside and custom center console.
Old 01-06-07, 09:26 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
Nothing yet. all my doors, hood, trunk, sunroof, all trim and all glass is off the car as it goes thorough a complete body restoration. I'm hopefull it will be done by the end of Feb so it can be tuned for TX2K7.

Any 1st Gens with upgraded seats?

I'm considering going with racing seats and wanted to see if anyone has done this.

I like the Sparco Milano but it will change the esthetics of the car... unless I change the rear to match the front... don't know yet... trying to sketch it out to get some kind of idea of having all racing seats inside and custom center console.

Are you going to be replacing the window trim parts ?

Im thinking about going with racing seats too. The corbeau A4 wides. Im would take the power base off the factory seat and mount the A4 to it.

I even thought about doing buckets in the rear and moulding a center console down the whole car from the dash back.
Old 01-06-07, 04:08 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

I'm doing pretty much the same thing into my 98 GS (not as clean) and with a 6 speed, but I had a few questions on the aem ems wiring to the aristo harness.

I'm putting in a non vvti swap into my 2nd gen GS and have been trying to search around for standalone options and some people tell me it's not worth it to re-wire the aristo harness. But then I read that you said I can send SP my harness and they can do all the work for it to work with the AEM EMS (for the MKIV). Is this true?

Thanks.

Peter
Old 01-06-07, 04:57 PM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

I thought I saw you selling that 98 Peter?
Old 01-06-07, 06:01 PM
DETUNED
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kaiser
I thought I saw you selling that 98 Peter?
Everything is always for sale. I wasn't 100% on selling it and never really tried my hardest to do so. I do love the car and have pretty much everything to install the motor and trans, so might as well finish it and enjoy something different.

Peter
Old 01-06-07, 10:18 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

that engine is sweet
Old 01-09-07, 08:56 AM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by EG8
Are you going to be replacing the window trim parts ?

Im thinking about going with racing seats too. The corbeau A4 wides. Im would take the power base off the factory seat and mount the A4 to it.

I even thought about doing buckets in the rear and moulding a center console down the whole car from the dash back.

Yes all of the window trims are being refreshed with OE new parts. Not cheap!

Seats for both front and back is going to have to wait, seats and fabirication alone will be very costly. I'm hoping to get some kind of sponsorship for this.
However, getting sponsorship as many know is not easily acheived.
Old 01-09-07, 09:03 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gs300pnp
Yes all of the window trims are being refreshed with OE new parts. Not cheap!
No doubt. Hence the question. When you get them, let me know what you paid each or a total. Just curious, since im going to do all four when I do my "complete"
Old 01-09-07, 09:13 AM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by DETUNED
I'm doing pretty much the same thing into my 98 GS (not as clean) and with a 6 speed, but I had a few questions on the aem ems wiring to the aristo harness.

I'm putting in a non vvti swap into my 2nd gen GS and have been trying to search around for standalone options and some people tell me it's not worth it to re-wire the aristo harness. But then I read that you said I can send SP my harness and they can do all the work for it to work with the AEM EMS (for the MKIV). Is this true?

Thanks.

Peter

Peter,

Your options for wiring harness is many. The challenge I think you may be faced with is 1st Gen are analog based whereas 2nd Gen's are digital. There are many write-ups on this subject and its probably why a few are saying its not worth the effort.

here's more things you should be aware of:

SP has worked on a 2nd Gen VVTi projects in the past. However the conversion was going from NA to NA-T. So I know Larry will know alot about the VVTi and using AEM ECU's and wiring.

My project with SP was 1st Gen, using Aristo wiring. As I mentioned in another thread, USDM NA and JDM TT wiring harness have differences. The JDM and the USDM MKIV are closer to a match but some of the end connectors are different as well as location of the wires also differ.

Larry P. knows the 2JZGE and 2JZGTE engine and all the sensors and locations. Given he's worked on various Supra MKIV's, 1st Gen and 2nd Gen, he's able to give you his professional advise to acheive your intended goals. I have seen whay they do and can do in that shop. The team there is very knowledgeable and pays close attention to detail. You just need patiences, they are really busy with many projects as well as many other inquiries like yours.

I suggest you contact Larry Prebis about your project and set aside time to discuss the details.

Paul
Old 01-09-07, 09:15 AM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by speedaddic
that engine is sweet

speedaddic...

Thanks!

I'll be attending the TX2K7, look for the SP racing team.

Paul
Old 02-01-07, 09:02 PM
gs300pnp

Default Diff with CNC'd flange

Hope this pic shows right.
Attached Thumbnails Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion-dsc00001.jpg  
Old 02-01-07, 09:04 PM
gs300pnp

Default FMIC and made to fit bumper support

Here's how the FMIC finally turned out, now the FMIC has a chance if someone backs into me.
Attached Thumbnails Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion-dsc00002.jpg  
Old 02-01-07, 09:11 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Is that the stock bumper thing? The word for it escapes me right now. Hopefully I will be able to get around and go to TX2K7 this year, Ive always wanted to go.

Quick Reply: Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion