GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-06, 08:30 PM
MIC123321
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

clean engine bay, did you do your own wire tucking?
Old 10-24-06, 09:10 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow...ur car does a 1/4 faster then mine does 0-60!! Impressive

So is this going to be a daily driver
Old 10-25-06, 10:30 AM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
wow...ur car does a 1/4 faster then mine does 0-60!! Impressive

So is this going to be a daily driver

I built this car this way to achieve a life long dream. It’s built for “SHOW” and “GO”. Like old school days of big V8’s I had polished and chrome engine compartments too! So you see, I’m only repeating it again but just doing something unique. My old-school pals give me crap about it but regardless of what they say… it’s my dream and that’s all that matters.

YES, the car can be driven daily, many MKIV’s with 1000hp’s and SP400 or assembled TH400 do drive it on the streets. When you build power plants like this, you have be conscientious of how much fuel it consumes. I’m sure I’ll drive it around when the weather is nice. The best thing about my car is it is quiet. It has a really nice exhaust sound that allows you to hear the turbo spooling.

Let’s all be reminded that it’s all about personal preference and having fun doing it and “YOU” have to be happy with whatever you choose to do with your car.
Old 10-25-06, 10:41 AM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by MIC123321
clean engine bay, did you do your own wire tucking?
Extension of the JDM wiring harness can be easily performed. It just takes time and patiences.

Since my setup is somewhat unique and I'm using an AEM ECU and have a few electronic devices (i.e gauges, boost controller, timer, fuel management, IAC etc..) all wiring was done by SP (Larry and Vince) All wiring was reegineered so that the AEM can manage various analog signals required by other CPU's and controllers. This elimated many of the engine bay wiring harness. Not a simple task to do.

If you want to do the same thing, SP has documented this and can provide you with technical assistance. If you send your JDM wiring harness to them, they can wire it to your specficiations. (extension only to custom)
Old 10-25-06, 10:48 AM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by JonCAGS300
Beautiful design, amazing lines, great curves, fabulous structure. Oh the car looks good too.

Seriously, very nice job.

Thanks! The car is setup to be a sleeper for now, I'm doing a full body restoration. All of you who have repainted your GS and refreshed body trim etc.. know that its not cheap and you really need to find someone who know's what they are doing and who will do it right the first time!
Old 10-25-06, 08:14 PM
SickSC3
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

good god that is clean....
Old 10-28-06, 10:16 AM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Wow! The engine bay looks awesome...be sure to keep us updated on any fruther progress!
Old 10-28-06, 11:28 AM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Seize
Wow! The engine bay looks awesome...be sure to keep us updated on any fruther progress!
attention to detail is an understatement. I love the chrome PS resevoir, the color-matched overflow, the gloss on the fuse block, polished master booster. SICK!

Last edited by shoaf213; 11-24-06 at 09:48 AM.
Old 11-01-06, 04:05 PM
gs300pnp

Default Dyno time!

Dyno in progress and I'm out of town..... this is the exciting and scary part of this project! I'm in excellent hands!

Keep in mind this is the beginning of tuning... gotta break it in some and then dyno again to the next performance level.

someone posted a dyno result of a JDM Aristo on stock with some mod's and using the HKS T51R (SPL or KIA don't know --- I have the SPL version) and the sloppy dyno results past the 900 hp mark.

There may have been some risky timing settings and spray to reach this level of power. I don't have spray and want to avoid it. We'll have to wait and see how it performs on the track. The Dyno should provide very realistic data.

We'll all know soon!!! I wont be sleeping the next few days.
Old 11-18-06, 01:26 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow looks beautiful soo far more pics please !!
Old 11-23-06, 07:13 PM
quikturbo
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

A very giddy Paul picked up this beast on Wed night to drive for a couple days and do some break in miles. Let me just say that every aspect of detail has been paid attention to on the car. It's amazingly quiet, however on the gas and in boost it's an animal!!! I know paul will have some updated pictures.

Once he gets it back to us, we'll put c16 in and turn up the boost on the dyno.

Thank you to Paul for being so patient, good things come to those who wait

Chris
SP
Old 11-23-06, 07:39 PM
nakedterro
Driver

Originally Posted by quikturbo
A very giddy Paul picked up this beast on Wed night to drive for a couple days and do some break in miles. Let me just say that every aspect of detail has been paid attention to on the car. It's amazingly quiet, however on the gas and in boost it's an animal!!! I know paul will have some updated pictures.

Once he gets it back to us, we'll put c16 in and turn up the boost on the dyno.

Thank you to Paul for being so patient, good things come to those who wait

Chris
SP
I wish you guys were in Australia Chris! I'd have a 3.4 in my Aristo quicker than you can say "how much"?!
Old 11-26-06, 12:07 PM
gs300pnp

I had the car for only a couple of days. The car is so smooth!! And it’s fast!!! I'm not even on any special AEM settings or big boost yet!!!

SP did fantastic work from end to end, top and bottom. They will guide you in the right direction so that you'll get it done right the first time and not waste time or money!

The project is well documented and if you have a passion for cars and high performance like me and the team at SP, call them and consult with them. Tell them what you want to do with your car, SWAP, NA-T conversion, drifting, drag racing, or just few more horses they will make it happen.

The car is off to IOWA for high-end body restoration. The car hood, doors, panels, seats etc.... will be dismantled, inspected, replaced, repaired and painted with the best quality paint. Golden Hammer is doing the work. Another shop passionate with cars and who also knows the NA/GT!

BTW, on my way to the pick up point, a newer BMW M5 caught up to me and was checking out my ride. I believe he heard the turbo whistle and he wanted to see what was making that sound. I went a little faster and so did the M5. Then, I looked over and I stepped on the gas pedal about half-way and the turbo spooled at 45K and I was gone!!!! I slowed down and when he caught up to me he pulled up next to me and was saying "what the @#$K is in that thing" and I just smiled back and he got behind me to see "ARISTO"

The car will be back to SP late December as we dial it in bigger power for TX2K7. So we're not done yet. Our realistic and safe goal is 800hp at 30psi on C16 only. Trying to stay away from NOS for now until I get some kind of sponsorship.
Old 11-26-06, 12:25 PM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by nakedterro
I wish you guys were in Australia Chris! I'd have a 3.4 in my Aristo quicker than you can say "how much"?!

3.4 stroker is a monster. 3.2 as well!!!

IMO, this is great for the track but too much for the street. I only say that because a) gas consumption, b) so much power and the road are too short and too busy in my neck of the woods to open her up.

BTW, AEM is the way to go and for turbo kits of any size and performance level, SP has many to choose from. Its just a matter of understanding what you want to achieve!

Also, they have international customers too, some ship their cars to SP, for example, they have an MKIV from Antigua its a RHD race car getting a total refresh from engine, interior, and body work. I believe its getting a stroker and the largest turbo available.

Contact me with any questions if you're going for big power and special parts. my IM is paulgs300 (@aol.com)
Old 11-26-06, 11:06 PM
CLNSC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sound Perf
What do you think?

Beautiful work! That engine bay looks immaculate.

Quick Reply: Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion