Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Minnesota Members??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-01, 07:45 AM
Zoku

Hey guys...

New to this forum but been a member of IS300.net for a few months now. Just wondering if there's any members from Minnesota on this forum??

Scott.
Old 06-02-02, 03:13 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the MN area as well. Being where we are, would be tough to organize, but who knows, maybe it can happen???
Old 06-19-02, 08:54 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me too, that makes three of us. Maybe we can organize a gathering.

What do you guys drive?

Fa-suto
Old 07-08-02, 05:19 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

I have a 98 White Pearl GS400. No mods yet.
Old 07-10-02, 11:13 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

First time I've checked this part of the forum. I've got a 92 ES, dark green and gray, suspension, Mille Miglia Evo5 18's, and am working on a stereo install; nothing real special. We could have a little tiny mini-meet with all 4 Minnesota people. LOL. Mcnelson's from Wisconsin somewhere, maybe he'd come up this direction.
Old 07-11-02, 09:17 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

You guys know of any good performance shops around the Minneapolis area that do really good work on mod installations like exhaust, springs, brake calipers, etc...??

Lexus dealerships charge an arm and leg and I want to avoid the supermarket shops that deal with the average cars.
Old 07-13-02, 10:02 AM
twenty1
Lead Lap

don't know exactly what kind of mods you're looking to do, but I know that Lex of Wayzata was charging the same price to install L-tuned suspension as a lot of the other places that I checked into.

I'm just throwin' this out there: Twin Cities CL members should meet up at Lake Calhoun on (I don't have a calendar in front of me) the second Saturday in August. Let me know who's game.
Old 07-13-02, 08:23 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Originally posted by twenty1
don't know exactly what kind of mods you're looking to do, but I know that Lex of Wayzata was charging the same price to install L-tuned suspension as a lot of the other places that I checked into.

I'm just throwin' this out there: Twin Cities CL members should meet up at Lake Calhoun on (I don't have a calendar in front of me) the second Saturday in August. Let me know who's game.
Hey twenty1, that sounds like a plan. I was thinking of doing some suspension tuning in the future, but wanted to see if there are any reputable local shops.

Fa-suto
Old 07-15-02, 04:19 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

Kyle, what do you think?
Old 07-17-02, 10:37 PM
Kyle Harty
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

There's a decent chance I could make it, I'd have to figure things out a little closer to then. Post here if you guys decide anything and I'll try to make it.
Old 07-18-02, 12:21 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Hopefully I'll have my car by then. Its in the shop due to me being in a rear end collision. I told them to take their time since I want to make sure the repair is done right plus the fact I get to drive a rental with no additional mileage on my personal vehicles. Plus, I'm waiting for my wheels which is taking the slow boat from Japan!
Old 07-21-02, 10:56 AM
twenty1
Lead Lap

What kinda rims you gettin'?
Old 07-22-02, 06:30 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Works Euroline LS....next mod after that is the shocks and springs to lower the car a little.

Thought I read in a thread back you were getting some wheels yourself? Have you decided on any yet?
Old 07-23-02, 03:13 PM
twenty1
Lead Lap

I was looking at either those Modas that TXSTYLE has and do the custom chrome deal, or Zauber Gettins. I'm waiting on my tuition reimbursement from my job. Right now doesn't look like I'll get it back (3K) until August, and I don't even know if I wanna upgrade then, only to go back to my 17"s in 2 months, in preparation for winter. Plan B would be to just go L-tuned and tint my windows when I get my money back. Any thoughts?
Old 07-23-02, 07:19 PM
Fa-suto
Pole Position

Yeah, that's the thing that sucks about living up North, the summer's aren't too long and since I don't use my GS as a daily commuter its even shorter for me. Plus, the fact I store the car in the winter.

I was thinking of the Zauber Gettin's at one time as well -- nice wheels. I think several people on this board has them.

If you still aren't too sure about the wheels, I would wait on them and get the ones you really want next year and get the L-tune mods along with the tints. I currently have the ECU and exhaust (replacing my 3 wk old ones with new ones because of the collision) and love the sound of them. They aren't too loud and fits perfectly in the old stock exhaust position.

Whichever way you go you won't be disappointed, you just won't be able to enjoy the wheels too long as you pointed out.

Not to mention that there aren't too many people in Minnesota that has this setup, at least from the dealer from what I have been told.

Quick Reply: Minnesota Members??