EV Chat General discussion about electrified Lexus, other EV vehicle manufacturers and BEV, PHEV related industry news.

Fisker Ocean

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-24, 12:13 PM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
So, will it turn into a stationary battery pack if Fisker eases its operation?
I think buying a vehicle in the tens of thousands of dollars that has proven to have lotsa software bugs when the company ceases operations is a bad idea. Especially as some of the bugs seem to be related to the safety systems. From what I've read, many of the fixes also involve technicians coming personally to you, which will also cease. Also, what about parts in future? How long will that contractor manufacturer be forced to make parts?

If we were talking a Toyota vehicle that is historically reliable, then that is probably different.

Saying that, they do look nice, and the final product would have been pretty cool. Hopefully, something can be done to save it.

ps. get rid of the nepotism if the company does continue. I just saw a vid with some senior management person guiding a tour, and she seems to be the daughter of the founder.
Old 04-02-24, 12:22 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Champion

Received 2,743 Likes on 2,324 Posts

Unless Fisker open sources their software stack your vehicle will be a software dead end.
Old 04-04-24, 03:43 AM
asj2024
Advanced

Received 106 Likes on 68 Posts

I've been reading and watching more vids of this. Basically, they screwed up by releasing too early, probably because they needed the cash. Even though some of the features people paid for STILL had to be provided OTA in future!

Too bad. They did have some features that were cool.

The solar roof is one that I liked, as my 2010 Prius has one too (it only powers an internal fan to keep the car cool when parked, but the Ocean one actually pushes energy into the traction battery).

California mode was also cool.

Boost mode that was limited to 500 was stupid.

The rotating huge *** screen was ok, though kinda gimicky

The taco holders were a good idea, although they look flimsy.

The fan directions that can only be controlled by the screen was really stupid. Another case of stupidly moving everything to touchscreen.