ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES 300h: Differences Between Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-18, 06:27 AM
scoresman
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 2019 ES 300h: Differences Between Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury

I've researched this and am sharing; also interested if anyone is aware something else. The Lexus website "Compare" did not show any differences - unless I missed something. However, the Lexus Enthusiast website* has a image that shows the following:

Standard on Ultra Luxury; Available on Luxury Model as Options
  • Hands Free Truck Opener
  • Power Rear Sunshade
Standard on Ultra Luxury; Not Available on Luxury Model
  • Performance Dampers
  • Semi-Aniline Leather
  • Maybe Manual Rear Window Side Shades?

Thanks

* https://lexusenthusiast.com/2018/06/...hnical-review/

Old 10-27-18, 07:01 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

and the ultra luxury has the 14 way adjustable seats, vs 12
i am trying to get more info if the seat is more comfortable than the regular seat
Old 10-27-18, 08:12 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Received 1,242 Likes on 872 Posts

Looking at your post comparing the two levels of options, it seems that there is no dramatic difference between the luxury and ultra luxury models. I can live without the performance dampers. (I save the performance driving for my Corvette) the semi-aniline leather, and the trunk closer. Although I'll admit that I'd like to have the trunk closing accessory. Point is that I've been looking for an Ultra Luxury model but can't find one in two local dealers. And none (in my color selection) are scheduled to arrive in the near future. I won't special order any car. I don't want the triple LED headlights for $1515.00 or the 18" wheels for $900.00. I don't like the look of the pano roof that, according to the salesman, comes with every UL Lexus. If I had a choice I'd have NO sun roof at all. I'd like to have the ML sound system but don't know if it's available in the Lux level. So maybe I should just accept the Lux model and save some money... Is there something else that I'm missing here that's available only on the UL model?
Old 10-27-18, 08:39 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,240 Likes on 642 Posts

A loaded Luxury model is pretty close to the Ultra Luxury model in price if I remember my online builds correctly. To me there was no reason to go with a loaded Luxury model.
Old 10-27-18, 09:15 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 95bat
A loaded Luxury model is pretty close to the Ultra Luxury model in price if I remember my online builds correctly. To me there was no reason to go with a loaded Luxury model.
But there are several options on the UL that I wouldn't want anyway as previously stated... Pano roof, triple LED's, 18" wheels... This would bring the price down considerably on a Lux model. Lexus doesn't make it easy to buy the car equipped as you want. They make you take certain options to get others. Nothing new... Sometimes think I should just keep the '13 and buy another Corvette with the $50k...
Old 10-27-18, 10:00 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,011 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by bc6152
But there are several options on the UL that I wouldn't want anyway as previously stated... Pano roof, triple LED's, 18" wheels... This would bring the price down considerably on a Lux model. Lexus doesn't make it easy to buy the car equipped as you want. They make you take certain options to get others. Nothing new... Sometimes think I should just keep the '13 and buy another Corvette with the $50k...
When I bought my Generation 6 ES, I didn't care at all about UL package features such as the pano roof, ambient lighting, front passenger seat memory settings, and rear door sun shades. But I chose to buy an UL car largely for 2 features that were included in the UL package, the semi-aniline leather and the driver's seat thigh extension. Especially, the semi-aniline leather is a very nice upgrade. At that time, a typical UL ES came with an MSPR that was around $3500 more than a typical Luxury package ES. I figure that about half of that $3500 premium will come back to me in the form of higher re-sale/trade value, and thus, to me, it was reasonable to pay the additional $1700 or so net higher price for the semi-aniline seating and the thigh extension.

For what it is worth, I notice that, with the 2019 Generation 7 ES cars that have hit the dealer showrooms so far, a typical Luxury package ES is coming with a MSRP within a couple of hundred dollars of the MSRP of an UL package 2018 ES.
Old 10-27-18, 10:07 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd like to have an UL on the hybrid but its pretty much not made. Fine I said I'll take the luxury but I'd like to have the ML sound... guess what, it seems like ML only is being placed in the UL or F sport.

Why Lexus have these options but in the end severely limit the variety of cars?

Also the fact that the rear speakers on the pioneer system is basically barely functional "as intended" makes me think twice about this car.
Old 10-27-18, 10:24 AM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by reposado2
I'd like to have an UL on the hybrid but its pretty much not made. Fine I said I'll take the luxury but I'd like to have the ML sound... guess what, it seems like ML only is being placed in the UL or F sport.

Also the fact that the rear speakers on the pioneer system is basically barely functional "as intended" makes me think twice about this car.
+1 - Lexus doesn't make it easy...
Old 10-27-18, 11:03 AM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

The panoramic roof and triple LED headlights aren't part of the UL package. I just ordered my UL and I didn't get the triple LED lights and since I got the hybrid which doesn't offer the panoramic roof I didn't get that either (which I didn't care about anyways). But the Lexus website does show it as independent from the UL package for the non-hybrid.

For the 18" wheels you are correct. Those seem to be required by the UL package. I probably wouldn't have selected them if they weren't part of the package but they are noise reduction wheels and quite interior is one of the reasons I wanted a Lexus in the first place so no complaints.

Personally I thought the upgrade from Luxury to Ultra Luxury was worth it.

Hands Free Truck Opener
Power Rear Sunshade
Performance Dampers
Semi-Aniline Leather
Manual Rear Window Side Shades

All for only $995 more.The convenience of the hands free trunk opener alone is almost worth it to me. Coming up to the car with full hands and needing to open the trunk is annoying. The rest made it an easy decision for me.

The following 2 users liked this post by jimv1983:
amcohen (11-02-18), gsnuge (12-02-18)
Old 10-27-18, 11:10 AM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Yeah, I totally agree. The hybrid UL with ML is exactly what I wanted(plus HUD) . For whatever reason Lexus thinks few people will want those things together. Then why advertise those combinations on the website at all? The sales person I was working with said that the UL package was basically special order for even the non-hybrid.

I ended up special ordering but I have to wait several months but at least I'll get exactly what I want.
Old 10-27-18, 12:41 PM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,240 Likes on 642 Posts

The Mid-engine Corvette should be out soon, that would be something to buy! I am replacing my 2016 Corvette with an ES... I absolutely LOVE my Corvette, but my lower back doesn't lol. I'm 6'2 and the Corvette has been my daily driver for 3 years... I'm ready for something more comfortable that is easier to get in and out of. I can be seated in the Vette, open the door, and put my palm on the ground lol it's a very low car. I'm also looking forward to the Levinson system again. I have had a stereo system in every car except the Corvette and I miss a nice stereo.
Old 10-27-18, 01:04 PM
bc6152
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jimv1983
The panoramic roof and triple LED headlights aren't part of the UL package. I just ordered my UL and I didn't get the triple LED lights and since I got the hybrid which doesn't offer the panoramic roof I didn't get that either (which I didn't care about anyways). But the Lexus website does show it as independent from the UL package for the non-hybrid.

For the 18" wheels you are correct. Those seem to be required by the UL package. I probably wouldn't have selected them if they weren't part of the package but they are noise reduction wheels and quite interior is one of the reasons I wanted a Lexus in the first place so no complaints.

Personally I thought the upgrade from Luxury to Ultra Luxury was worth it.

Hands Free Truck Opener
Power Rear Sunshade
Performance Dampers
Semi-Aniline Leather
Manual Rear Window Side Shades

All for only $995 more.The convenience of the hands free trunk opener alone is almost worth it to me. Coming up to the car with full hands and needing to open the trunk is annoying. The rest made it an easy decision for me.
What you state is essentially correct. However, Lexus makes you take all the other options on an UL car. They all come in with a pano roof, 18" wheels, and the triple LED's. To get anything else you must special order an UL model. And it's a lot more than $995.00. Every UL model I looked at online had a sticker price of more than $53000.00. The Luxury models were under $50,000.00.
Old 10-27-18, 05:54 PM
chromedome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

Do the rear speakers pump out more sound with the ML system? I tried a non-ML 2019 ES and the sound was similar to my non-ML 6ES, as in most of the sound came from the front. There are only two door woofers and a rear parcel-mounted baby sub in the back. Y'all can take your fancy triple LEDs, I'll stick with my electronic folding mirrors 😋 And yes, folding mirrors are present in non-US 2019 ES models too.
Old 10-27-18, 06:00 PM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
Do the rear speakers pump out more sound with the ML system? I tried a non-ML 2019 ES and the sound was similar to my non-ML 6ES, as in most of the sound came from the front. There are only two door woofers and a rear parcel-mounted baby sub in the back. Y'all can take your fancy triple LEDs, I'll stick with my electronic folding mirrors 😋 And yes, folding mirrors are present in non-US 2019 ES models too.
I tested it at the dealership and it makes very little sound no matter how you adjust it(fader/volume). I spoke with someone online who took the issue to corporate and Lexus basically gave the screw you answer its "meant to be that way."
Old 10-27-18, 07:48 PM
scoresman
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd like to have an UL on the hybrid but its pretty much not made. Fine I said I'll take the luxury but I'd like to have the ML sound... guess what, it seems like ML only is being placed in the UL or F sport. Why Lexus have these options but in the end severely limit the variety of cars?
Not only on Ultra Luxury or F-Sport. I've got a Luxury Model on the way, for delivery in 3-weeks, that includes a Mark Levinson System.