ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES 300h: Differences Between Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-18, 09:34 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by scoresman
Not only on Ultra Luxury or F-Sport. I've got a Luxury Model on the way, for delivery in 3-weeks, that includes a Mark Levinson System.
No hybrid luxury with ML in the 5-6 dealerships in the S CA region lve seen.
Old 10-29-18, 07:39 AM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by reposado2

No hybrid luxury with ML in the 5-6 dealerships in the S CA region lve seen.
Same for me here in Northern California but I did find an ES350 Luxury with the ML which at least allowed me to hear it.
Old 10-29-18, 10:23 AM
ARLexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimv1983
Same for me here in Northern California but I did find an ES350 Luxury with the ML which at least allowed me to hear it.
There are 11 UL Hybrids currently on the ground across the country. Almost 400 Luxury models. They are definitely not making a lot of UL Hybrids!
Old 10-29-18, 10:50 AM
ARLexus
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bc6152
Looking at your post comparing the two levels of options, it seems that there is no dramatic difference between the luxury and ultra luxury models. I can live without the performance dampers. (I save the performance driving for my Corvette) the semi-aniline leather, and the trunk closer. Although I'll admit that I'd like to have the trunk closing accessory. Point is that I've been looking for an Ultra Luxury model but can't find one in two local dealers. And none (in my color selection) are scheduled to arrive in the near future. I won't special order any car. I don't want the triple LED headlights for $1515.00 or the 18" wheels for $900.00. I don't like the look of the pano roof that, according to the salesman, comes with every UL Lexus. If I had a choice I'd have NO sun roof at all. I'd like to have the ML sound system but don't know if it's available in the Lux level. So maybe I should just accept the Lux model and save some money... Is there something else that I'm missing here that's available only on the UL model?
You've pretty much nailed it on the differences , it also has some window screens in the back. Unfortunately your going to have special order one if your wanting it equipped the way you described it. They just aren't going to put base wheels on a Ultra Luxury or Luxury model ES. While ML is available in a Luxury, its not common.
Old 10-29-18, 11:56 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ARLexus
There are 11 UL Hybrids currently on the ground across the country. Almost 400 Luxury models. They are definitely not making a lot of UL Hybrids!
A dealership said they are simply not making UL hybrids unless special ordered... So I'm guessing most of those 11 are special orders.
Old 10-29-18, 01:04 PM
ARLexus
Driver School Candidate

A dealership said they are simply not making UL hybrids unless special ordered... So I'm guessing most of those 11 are special orders.
That would be my guess as well.
Old 11-07-18, 04:08 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 847 Likes on 640 Posts

We ordered our 2018 ES300h with UL because there the standard (Central Area) build schedule does
not have that combination. While it does take 16 weeks to factory order (built in Japan BTW) we were
moving from lease to lease so it was extra simple to time it out. Oh, and there were no Nightfall
(Dark Blue) with Flaxen (dark tan) and bamboo wood trim either... Like the rear side window shades
(didn't have to tint the windows) and the ML system thunders quite well! Driver's seat extension is OK,
semi-aniline is OK, passenger memory seat is unused.
Old 11-08-18, 08:48 AM
CashGap
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Adding the side shades from the parts bin... reasonably doable or complex/expensive? Anyone with dealer parts lookup access?
Old 11-08-18, 11:20 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,011 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by CashGap
Adding the side shades from the parts bin... reasonably doable or complex/expensive? Anyone with dealer parts lookup access?
I'm sure that it would be possible to retrofit rear door sunshades into an ES that came without them, but I can't see that it would make financial sense to do so.

Considering that the MSRP difference between a Luxury 2019 ES and an UL 2019 ES is only $995 and that retrofitting a Luxury ES would require purchasing completely new interior trim panels for the rear doors and the trim around the back seat windows that contains the hooks that the shades clip into (and possibly other parts), I suspect that the cost of parts to do the retrofitting would exceed or, at least, came close to the the price difference between a Luxury and an Ultra Luxury ES. And, if you started out with an UL car, for the extra $995, you would be getting the much nicer semi-aniline leather, 14 way adjustable seats, and rear sunshade that you won't get by spending the money just to retrofit the rear door sunshades.

To me, it wouldn't make much sense to retrofit the rear door sunshades, and it would make a lot more sense to start by spending the extra $995 to get an UL ES. Plus, if you started out with an UL ES, about half of the extra $995 in cost would likely be recovered at trade-in time, which would not be the case for any money spent to retrofit the rear door sunshades.
Old 11-10-18, 12:48 PM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 847 Likes on 640 Posts

Consider doing what we did to the 2014 Luxury (not Ultra Luxury) ES300h...tint the windows...
Old 11-11-18, 07:54 AM
CashGap
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Right.

I wasn't looking at this as a way to save a few hundred bucks... rather, a way to save sixteen weeks!!!

And it was an idle thought, in reality tint or nothing are viable options.
Old 11-13-18, 04:36 PM
alexglee
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CashGap
Right.

I wasn't looking at this as a way to save a few hundred bucks... rather, a way to save sixteen weeks!!!

And it was an idle thought, in reality tint or nothing are viable options.
You can save $ by custom ordering?
Old 11-17-18, 11:06 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

My dealer told me the same thing. Such I shame. This waiting sucks.

I ordered my ES UL Hybrid with black interior, Nightfall Mica with everything but triple beam headlights. I probably won't get it until late February.
Old 11-17-18, 11:12 PM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Originally Posted by alexglee
From my experience no. If anything it's a little more. I ordered mine and they only took off $1000. Another dealer gave me a similar offer. I was told that when the car comes in they could take off more plus any incentives they have at the time.
Old 11-18-18, 06:06 AM
lesz
Lead Lap

Received 1,011 Likes on 691 Posts

Originally Posted by alexglee
Originally Posted by jimv1983
From my experience no. If anything it's a little more. I ordered mine and they only took off $1000. Another dealer gave me a similar offer. I was told that when the car comes in they could take off more plus any incentives they have at the time.
Often, the terms of advertised incentives are such that they only apply to cars bought out of a dealer's inventory. Further, most unadvertised incentives to dealers only apply to cars bought from a dealer's inventory. Thus, the reality is that you can often buy a car with with more options from a dealer's inventory for the same money or less than you would be paying for a special order car without those options.

An alternative to special ordering would be to have the dealer check to see if they were already expecting delivery on a car that comes close to having the equipment that you would have otherwise wanted in a special order. In that case, all advertised and unadvertised incentives would apply.