ES - 7th Gen (2019-present) Discussion topics related to 2019+ ES models

2019 ES 300h: Differences Between Luxury vs. Ultra Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-18, 09:10 AM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by lesz
Often, the terms of advertised incentives are such that they only apply to cars bought out of a dealer's inventory. Further, most unadvertised incentives to dealers only apply to cars bought from a dealer's inventory. Thus, the reality is that you can often buy a car with with more options from a dealer's inventory for the same money or less than you would be paying for a special order car without those options.

An alternative to special ordering would be to have the dealer check to see if they were already expecting delivery on a car that comes close to having the equipment that you would have otherwise wanted in a special order. In that case, all advertised and unadvertised incentives would apply.
The latter case was my experience when I got my ES Hybrid 4 years ago. As I remember it, there were no Hybrids in the showroom nor on the lot when I was ready to buy, but there was one on the way from the port; I had to wait but the dealer allowed me to use the incentive they had at the time.
Old 01-14-19, 12:21 AM
terrasini7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimv1983
From my experience no. If anything it's a little more. I ordered mine and they only took off $1000. Another dealer gave me a similar offer. I was told that when the car comes in they could take off more plus any incentives they have at the time.
Did you ever get your car Jim?
Old 01-14-19, 12:23 AM
jimv1983
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasini7
Did you ever get your car Jim?
No. Not yet. Apparently there was some issue with the order so I'm still waiting. I probably wouldn't have gotten it until mid February anyways. It will likely be March or April now but the dealer said they'd give me an extra discount so we'll see.
Old 01-14-19, 12:34 AM
terrasini7
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found 2 ultra luxury hybrids within 700 miles of me. Was about to purchase one 700 miles away from me and have it delivered for $700. Then I got an email from a local dealership saying he can custom order one for me for at a great discount. I don't know if he's putting a sales pitch on me or what. He was off today, so let's see what his response to my email is. I basically asked him to write out the invoice with final price and i'll write him a check for the deposit. I can wait a few months if it comes exactly how I want it.
If you want a fully loaded hybrid, then the Ultra Luxury gives you more value. For a few hundred dollars more, you get the semi-aniline leather seats, the rear door manual sunshades, and the lateral performance dampers. I believe those are the only 3 things you cannot get on a Luxury package.
All the ES350s or 300Hs on youtube have the Mark Levinson package and triple beam headlights. Lexus wants everyone to know about these features, yet no cars on the dealer lots have these! One dealer told me they haven't had an ultra luxury ES300H in over 3 years. When I asked why not, he said they don't sell. I find that hard to believe, but maybe he's right.
By the way, initially I was not interested in the $1500 upgrade for the triple beam headlights because I thought they were just for looks. But if my research is correct, they are also adaptive....they turn a little when you turn your steering wheel, letting you illuminate the road to your right or left before you get there. Plus on the car safety website (can't remember the name of it now), the triple beams for the 2019 ESs earn a very good score for safety whereas the standard lights earn an average score.
Old 01-14-19, 04:53 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 635 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by terrasini7
I found 2 ultra luxury hybrids within 700 miles of me. Was about to purchase one 700 miles away from me and have it delivered for $700. ...
That seems crazy. $1/mi?
Old 01-14-19, 06:37 AM
355F1
Racer

Received 610 Likes on 389 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
That seems crazy. $1/mi?

thats about right.

$1/mi for open and $2+/mi for enclosed.

I had my old IS and Ferrari shipped in 2011 from OR to NE for about $3k enclosed.

Ish is expensive to ship cars.
Old 01-14-19, 06:46 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 635 Likes on 477 Posts

Originally Posted by 355F1

thats about right.

$1/mi for open and $2+/mi for enclosed.

I had my old IS and Ferrari shipped in 2011 from OR to NE for about $3k enclosed.

Ish is expensive to ship cars.
For that price, you could go check it out and drive it home if you like it. If it has an issue after you paid $700, you're out of luck.
Old 01-28-19, 08:47 PM
Steve300h
Rookie

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

I guess I really did get lucky. We just purchased the 300h Ultra-Lux yesterday. The Sales guy went on about it being the only one around with no more scheduled and how we better hurry up and get it before someone else bought it. I assumed it was just dealer speak.