ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Rant... tint/ spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-17, 06:20 PM
Ssnva1
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rant... tint/ spoiler

I ordered my spoiler a week ago off EBay from the site that everyone uses on here. Great reviews. Super exited when I got the notification it was delivered today.

Meanwhile, I dropped my car off to get the 2 front windows tinted to match the back. 20% carbon tint. While I was there I said how about installing the remote start and tint for $300. They agreed. Again so excited!! Left and went and did some shopping.

Came back at 5:45 and they said it would be another 1-2 hours. I was so irritated. They hadn't even started the tint. And was only have half way through the remote start. Ugh!!! So it was there for 6.5 hours and I didn't even get the tint done because I couldn't wait that long. So damn irritated.

Even worse, I rush home to get my spoiler, take it outside and it's way darker than my car!! Angry AF. I gave them the paint code and color- Atomic Silver. Needless to say the 2 most things I've looked forward to for a month failed today.

At least my car will be warm when I get in it. Although, I'll have to restart because like others, it cuts off when I open the door!!!

Coors Light time. If the mountains are blue, I'm done.
The following users liked this post:
Nohnv (02-08-17)
Old 02-03-17, 07:32 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssnva1
I ordered my spoiler a week ago off EBay from the site that everyone uses on here. Great reviews. Super exited when I got the notification it was delivered today.

Meanwhile, I dropped my car off to get the 2 front windows tinted to match the back. 20% carbon tint. While I was there I said how about installing the remote start and tint for $300. They agreed. Again so excited!! Left and went and did some shopping.

Came back at 5:45 and they said it would be another 1-2 hours. I was so irritated. They hadn't even started the tint. And was only have half way through the remote start. Ugh!!! So it was there for 6.5 hours and I didn't even get the tint done because I couldn't wait that long. So damn irritated.

Even worse, I rush home to get my spoiler, take it outside and it's way darker than my car!! Angry AF. I gave them the paint code and color- Atomic Silver. Needless to say the 2 most things I've looked forward to for a month failed today.

At least my car will be warm when I get in it. Although, I'll have to restart because like others, it cuts off when I open the door!!!

Coors Light time. If the mountains are blue, I'm done.
Post a pic of the spoiler. Was it oem? Mine wasn't but it looks just like oem as if it came with the car and my car is harder than atomic silver, it's autumn shimmer perfect match. Sorry for your experience
Attached Thumbnails Rant... tint/ spoiler-photo616.jpg   Rant... tint/ spoiler-photo16.jpg   Rant... tint/ spoiler-photo977.jpg  
Old 02-04-17, 04:06 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by imrankh24
Post a pic of the spoiler. Was it oem? Mine wasn't but it looks just like oem as if it came with the car and my car is harder than atomic silver, it's autumn shimmer perfect match. Sorry for your experience
Got mine from LexusPartsNow....not from E Bay..Mine is a Lexus Part..an Exact match.
Old 02-04-17, 08:34 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Brent1944
Got mine from LexusPartsNow....not from E Bay..Mine is a Lexus Part..an Exact match.
Well the only difference between ours is oem and non oem. Otherwise no one could tell a difference looking at both
Old 02-04-17, 08:46 AM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Exactly ..and his paint doesnt match..
Old 02-04-17, 08:47 AM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Brent1944
Exactly ..and his paint doesnt match..
Can you post a pic. I wanna see how it looks with 18 inch wheels
Old 02-04-17, 02:57 PM
Nohnv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear. That's frustrating. Please post a pic when it's done
Old 02-04-17, 04:07 PM
Ssnva1
Driver School Candidate

Default Tint done!

Finally got the windows done today!
Old 02-04-17, 04:16 PM
Ssnva1
Driver School Candidate

Default Wrong color

I gave them the wrong paint color.

When I posted my into pic, someone commented how nice the Atomic Silver was. Well I never second guessed it and thought that was my cars color. Googled the paint color code instead of looking at my door. Can't believe I did that. I'm going to see if they will take it back and repaint it... silver lining metallic. Ugh....
Old 02-04-17, 05:17 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

Originally Posted by Ssnva1
I gave them the wrong paint color.

When I posted my into pic, someone commented how nice the Atomic Silver was. Well I never second guessed it and thought that was my cars color. Googled the paint color code instead of looking at my door. Can't believe I did that. I'm going to see if they will take it back and repaint it... silver lining metallic. Ugh....
That may have been my bad and I sincerely apologize. I thought it looked like my Atomic Silver from the photo. I am really sorry about that.
Old 02-04-17, 05:40 PM
Ssnva1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ward6096
That may have been my bad and I sincerely apologize. I thought it looked like my Atomic Silver from the photo. I am really sorry about that.
lol... it's my fault for not knowing what color my car is!! I mean to me it's just silver.
Old 02-08-17, 10:24 AM
Handi
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

02-03-17, 09:32 PM #2
imrankh24

I love the color of your car.
Old 02-08-17, 12:34 PM
Nohnv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Window tint looks great. What percentage tint did you go with?
Old 02-08-17, 02:29 PM
imrankh24
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Handi
02-03-17, 09:32 PM #2
imrankh24

I love the color of your car.
Originally Posted by Nohnv
Window tint looks great. What percentage tint did you go with?
Thanks guys, window tint is 20 all around with a full sheet in the back no 3rd light cutout. And yea I really love the color was very hard to find only 3 in the east coast. Has a different shine in all lightings.
Old 02-08-17, 02:34 PM
Brent1944
Lead Lap

Thats strange..AZ only allows 33%...

Quick Reply: Rant... tint/ spoiler