How do I know that my xm traffic and weather are working - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018)
How do I know that my xm traffic and weather are working >

How do I know that my xm traffic and weather are working

Notices
ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

How do I know that my xm traffic and weather are working

Old 12-05-18, 10:29 AM
Johncmorga
Driver School Candidate

Default How do I know that my xm traffic and weather are working

I bought a 2017 Lexus es 350 and I bought the XM traffic and weather. How do I access it> I get the HD traffic and weather. Are these two services integrated?
Old 12-05-18, 04:27 PM
lesz
Lexus Champion

Just go into the on-screen menu. Click on Information. Then, choose and click on either weather or traffic.
Old 12-06-18, 07:04 AM
jollick
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Johncmorga View Post
I bought a 2017 Lexus es 350 and I bought the XM traffic and weather. How do I access it> I get the HD traffic and weather. Are these two services integrated?
The ES from 2015 models on does not need, nor as far I know use, XM traffic and weather, your get the free and IMHO the better traffic reporting through HD radio signals. Cancel your subscription for it. The weather part is not very useful.
Old 12-06-18, 12:00 PM
jberger
Rookie

I know mine is working when it keeps notifying me about severe weather that is no where near my location or my path of travel. . .
Old 12-06-18, 03:11 PM
JimInTN
Driver School Candidate

Can anyone tell me if the weather/traffic info on my 2013 ES 350 is via Sirius subscription or ??
Old 12-06-18, 03:35 PM
Mike728
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jberger View Post
I know mine is working when it keeps notifying me about severe weather that is no where near my location or my path of travel. . .
I remember those bogus warnings during my free trial period. I'm not sure where they thought I was. The traffic was not very useful, either.
Old 12-06-18, 07:18 PM
Emiddleb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JimInTN View Post
Can anyone tell me if the weather/traffic info on my 2013 ES 350 is via Sirius subscription or ??
Yes. You have to subscribe to the Sirius Nav Traffic and Nav Weather plans ($7/month for both.) Also, the Nav Traffic only covers certain areas, mostly the major metros and associated nearby freeways. They have a coverage map on their site.
Old 12-07-18, 04:58 AM
JimInTN
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Emiddleb View Post
Yes. You have to subscribe to the Sirius Nav Traffic and Nav Weather plans ($7/month for both.) Also, the Nav Traffic only covers certain areas, mostly the major metros and associated nearby freeways. They have a coverage map on their site.
Thanks, just bought the 2013 and Sirius still works under the previous owners sub I guess/assume.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: