ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus service

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-19, 04:07 PM
heidihidin
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Lexus service

I know this is not the correct forum but I was not sure where to post it (maybe car chat?)
Have any of you noticed being treated differently at the dealership service department and by Lexus corporate based on the age and model of your Lexus?
I understand fully that an LS, RC etc are all 6 figure cars but if I bought my crappy 11 year old ES at this dealership and it has been there for service every 5k miles I expect fair treatment. Same with Lexus corporate. I have been asked on the phone by L case management how many Lexus cars I own and what models and then politely declines a courtesy extension of a campaign and at the same time there was atime when we owned 3 Lexus cars in the family and Lexus corporate gladly said : sure, you are a valuable customer - here you go. I do get loyalty of the brand but there is a big contrast as to how 1 is treated.

Side question: Does anyone here know exact by the book instructions on escalating a case at corporate? I was told: "I am a case manager and the decision I make will stand, period". This cannot be correct, is it?

Sorry for a grumpy negative post.
Old 03-08-19, 02:00 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 201 Likes on 133 Posts

I only took my 07 ES to the dealer once for the airbag recall and the service writer was nice as can be. I got offered all the bs crap (sandwiches, drinks, pastries) which I declined, he asked me what loaner car model I wanted (RX which now Im resisting the urge to go buy). He didn’t try to upsell anything which I was surprised about, I got the call you have seapage by the timing belt I wouldn’t worry about it at this mileage and your rear bushings are bad but don’t do that here take it somewhere else that’ll cost too much money here it’s a $50 part. Still got the dealer follow up call the next day and a 10% coupon for service which I never used. I did try to get an extension of the dashboard campaign and got told to kick rocks, when they put out the second campaign I tried again and was again told to kick rocks. I tied to push the issue a little squeaky wheel and all that but the lady actually got a little nasty with me over the phone which I got a kick out of. I tried to get parts free and then at a lower rate and I’d pay the labor, her decision seemed pretty final as just a regular customer service agent.
Old 03-08-19, 04:42 AM
alruner
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

""Side question: Does anyone here know exact by the book instructions on escalating a case at corporate? I was told: "I am a case manager and the decision I make will stand, period". This cannot be correct, is it? ""

I do not know the "exact, by the book" instructions on the escalation process.. However, past experience(s) have taught me that Corporate Lexus has little control of their dealers.
I've had situations when I asked for help at the corporate level and was politely told there is really little they can do to help. They did call the dealership on my behalf. However,
I ended up talking to the very same person who I originally complained to!! and ... to no surprise ... did not get resolution, just frustration.
IMHO.. Lexus needs to do more to protect their brand by taking a more active approach to resolving customer concerns.

BTW.. I bought four cars from the same dealer.

Old 03-08-19, 05:37 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

I don't know if there is an escalation procedure specifically for Lexus but I use the same process as I did when I worked . I would 1st go to the service/sales manager with a sit down meeting to discuss the issue. If not satisfied then go to the GM of the dealership . If not satisfied then do the same with the dealership owner. I would look for the Lexus of USA main location and find out if they have a customer support department. Keep them on board and see if they could/would send a rep. to the meeting with the dealership. Sometimes it works and sometime it doesn't depending on the issue. Good luck.
Old 03-08-19, 09:17 AM
ellocovg
Advanced

Received 201 Likes on 133 Posts

It really depends what your issue is as well. All corporate can do is cut a check but dealers are independent of Lexus. This is why Tesla didn’t want to have dealerships and everyone sued them. It’s in the interest of the dealers to not be a pita for corporate but they don’t have to do anything more than what there contract requires. Tesla’s argument was we can make the best car possible, provide the best technology ever but if we have dealerships we won’t have any interaction or influence with the customer, if a dealer wrongs a customer they won’t say dealer xyxy wronged me they’ll say Tesla wronged me.
Old 03-08-19, 10:36 AM
heidihidin
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ellocovg
It really depends what your issue is as well. All corporate can do is cut a check but dealers are independent of Lexus. This is why Tesla didn’t want to have dealerships and everyone sued them. It’s in the interest of the dealers to not be a pita for corporate but they don’t have to do anything more than what there contract requires. Tesla’s argument was we can make the best car possible, provide the best technology ever but if we have dealerships we won’t have any interaction or influence with the customer, if a dealer wrongs a customer they won’t say dealer xyxy wronged me they’ll say Tesla wronged me.
Thanks

My issue at the moment is with Lexus customer service, not the dealership and that is what I am seeking help for for escalating a case