ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Samsung Galaxy S4 Connect Prolems

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-13, 11:17 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Samsung Galaxy S4 Connect Prolems

I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed. I just upgraded my c-phone to a Samsung Galaxy S4. Never had any problem connecting my previous phone which was a Samsung Fascinate, but I can't connect my Galaxy to my 09 ES. It's a simple procedure, something is preventing my phone from paring with the car. I put in the passcode (0000), but it's still a no go. My next step is to take it to the dealer. Anyone got theirs working? ......
Old 12-17-13, 06:46 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As you probably know, not all cell phones are compatible. Not sure if that is the issue. How many times did you try to pair the phone? I remember when I switched from an android to the iPhone it took many attempts to get it to pair up - probably 7 or 8 attempts. But it did finally make the connection.
Old 12-18-13, 02:00 PM
samathews
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had no problems with my S4. Just followed the directions. Wish I could tell you some trick - but it only took a minute. on S4: Settings > Bluetooth > touch "SCAN" bar at bottom. My E350 is a 2007 - if that matters.
Old 12-18-13, 11:49 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MDames2
As you probably know, not all cell phones are compatible. Not sure if that is the issue. How many times did you try to pair the phone? I remember when I switched from an android to the iPhone it took many attempts to get it to pair up - probably 7 or 8 attempts. But it did finally make the connection.
I tried at least 8-10 times or more and finally gave up. It's a simple procedure. I'm going to try again, there has been more updates to my phone since I tried the last time, so maybe it will pair this time. Thanks
Old 12-18-13, 11:54 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by samathews
I had no problems with my S4. Just followed the directions. Wish I could tell you some trick - but it only took a minute. on S4: Settings > Bluetooth > touch "SCAN" bar at bottom. My E350 is a 2007 - if that matters.
Yeah I know, I mean my Samsung Fascinate connected right away. I was certain the S4 would do the same. Its like the car is rejecting the code that it's looking for when I enter it into the phone. I going to give it another try, I'm still getting updates for my S4.
Old 12-19-13, 12:40 AM
dman00001
Rookie

Works fine to my 07. Sounds like a passcode mismatch. Try pairing to a laptop, BT headset, or some other BT device to prove the phone and pass match and work with something other than the car. Or try resetting the passcode on the phone to 1234 or some other value and try that on the car.
Old 04-28-14, 01:50 PM
ksperl
Driver School Candidate

Default Problems with Samsung S4 and RX350

I am having problems with my Samsung S4 maintaining the bluetooth connection with my 2013 Lexus RX350. Verizon has already updated my software and it works with my Plantronics bluetooth. Has anyone else been having problems lately?
Old 05-01-14, 08:01 AM
silverjoe
Driver School Candidate

Upgraded to Galaxy @4 from Droid razr and had no problem at all connecting to 2009 ES. Just followed instructions and didn't do anything special.
Old 05-02-14, 09:20 AM
c5coast
Driver School Candidate

Default S4 drops out pairing

I paired my S4 to 2010 ES350 and was able to call and receive with no problem. Then phone quit working through the car. Checked settings and found Bluetooth off. Turned it on and the phone worked again. 30 minutes later the pairing was lost again, checked Bluetooth and its on but no pairing to car. What gives? Any suggestions?
Old 05-02-14, 05:26 PM
CoroStone
Driver School Candidate

Ksperl having the same trouble with my 200H dropping Bluetooth connection then picking it back up. I've checked 3 times with the dealership. The last time the attendant suggested it was the phone before he ever looked at the car. My argument is that I never have this issue with the loaner cars that I'm given when they take mine in.
Old 06-18-14, 08:09 PM
dteague
Driver School Candidate

Default galaxys4 issue

my galaxy s4 worked just fine before the last update and now I am unable to receive my text messages through my car (which was one of the features that help to sell me on purchasing the car and the phone) and everyone keeps saying that there is no fix /no app for this problem until someone creates one. so now we are stuck with not being able to utilize this feature, which also is a good safety feature, or you can go buy the galagy s5 because lexus got the s3 and the s5 to work but since I just bought my phone back in nov. I am not able to upgrade to the s5..........
Old 06-30-14, 04:16 PM
bnh
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=dteague;8589542]

Same here. So frustrating. And what's crazier is now when I play audio, it only shows the audo track on the display when you are plugged in via the USB cord. But messaging still won't work. Part of why I bought the car was for the messaging integration. Not happy at all with Lexus and the in dash tech. It was 2014 standards when I bought it and now is crapping out. Please let me know if you hear an update on how to fix it. If it didn't connect when I bought in January, I wouldn't have bought it!!
Old 07-07-14, 05:56 AM
dteague
Driver School Candidate

I have been through all avenues to recitify my situation which is the same issue. I have talked to Samsung Verizon Lexus..you name it... They all say the same thing... The google update that was done in May called the kit kat has messed up the majority of the phones no matter what brand of phone that you have. I just Got my SAMs s4 in nov and it was great before this update. They are saying that there is nothing we can do about it until someone comes up with an app to fix the software update...they are sending me a refurbished phone since mine is acting up with a lot of problems and they are hoping it will be a phone that has not done the update on it yet. But mine even loses battery power instantly, texts don't go through but randomly, in addition to it not working with my car texting... We are all screwd that are affected negatively by this stupid update. It has caused a lot of trouble. I shouldn't have to get a refurbished phone six months later after paying that much for one initially ....thanks google...