ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

After Market Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-07, 05:34 PM
Jeff76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After Market Accessories

Well i'm a day or two away from signing the paperwork to purchase my ES. The question I have is, knowing that you get raped by the dealer on some of these dealer installed accessories, I of course said "no thanks". Now I would like to purchase and install some of these myself. So that brings me to my first question...Where should I go to get them? I am interested in getting a few thing, here is the list...

Wood Dash & Trim Kit (not the stick-on type)
Chrome Pillars
Chrome Head and Rear Lights Frames or Bezzels
Door Edge Guards
Mud Flaps
Chrome Strip for Bottom of Doors
Sunroof & Window Air Deflectors

If any of you had any experience or opinions on these items let me know. I found some of these items on wooddashexperts.com, but i'm sure there are other sites. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-26-07, 10:48 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whatever floats your boat, I did the clear mask, and this will be the 1st car I have owned in a long while where I don't even want to tint or mod. This car is hard to improve upon, customise very carefully and thoughtfully. Good Luck!
Old 07-27-07, 07:10 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Dave
whatever floats your boat, I did the clear mask, and this will be the 1st car I have owned in a long while where I don't even want to tint or mod. This car is hard to improve upon, customise very carefully and thoughtfully. Good Luck!
Wise advice indeed. Good luck...
Old 07-27-07, 07:37 AM
VroomVroom
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeff76
Wood Dash & Trim Kit (not the stick-on type)
Chrome Pillars
Chrome Head and Rear Lights Frames or Bezzels
Door Edge Guards
Mud Flaps
Chrome Strip for Bottom of Doors
Sunroof & Window Air Deflectors
Keep in mind that your car has real wood veneer so trying to match a dash kit - either hydroform-dipped or stick-on - will be difficult. AutoAnything is a decent source to consider, and there are dozens of vendors out there - do a google for 'wood dash' or 'interior trim kit' and you'll be busy for an hour.

For the mud flaps I'd only go with the Lexus accessory stuff. Ditto the bodyside mouldings, which given your list above I suspect you might also want to consider. For the air deflectors I'd consider Lexus as well as WeatherTech. Keep in mind that you can buy Lexus items at a discount. Irontoad.com, Carson (l-tunedparts.com) and Sewell (lexus-parts.com) are all solid vendors and a quick eBay search will yield others.

I have to concur on modding this vehicle. I tend to personalize every vehicle I buy, and there was very little to do on this one. It's all personal taste, of course - good luck with whatever you decide. In my case, the exterior mods are subtle and few...I painted the front license plate bracket, debadged the deck lid, and relocated the XM antenna. Otherwise, the car is exceptional as-is and to my tastes doing anything else would detract from it rather than improve it.
Old 08-08-07, 05:12 PM
golfer1952
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket

Does anyone know were I could get a chrome piece for the bottom of the doors like the GS model?