ES - 1st to 4th Gen (1990-2006) Forum for all 1990 - 2006 ES300 and ES330 models. ES250 topics go here as well.

Question for people with systems

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-11, 08:21 PM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Question for people with systems

I'm going to take the backseat out soon to get rid of stock sub. I'm not going to install the system/amp wires myself but don't want a shop taking the backseat out all over again. Should I run the amp wire from the trunk thru the empy backseat space while its removed?
Old 03-23-11, 07:28 AM
trickedout
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would suggest running them while it is removed, but make sure that the wires are well hidden, so that when you do place the backseat back into the car that you can not see the wires running throughout your car. That always makes the difference between a great install and a crappy one =) BTW, what system are you installing? I am going to purchase one for my es in a few weeks.
Old 03-23-11, 11:02 AM
funcrusher
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts

Tricked out - I was just going to let the wires sit on the backseat mats until the shop installs everything. Does that make sense?

I have 2 kicker cvx 12's and a kicker zx1500 watt amp.
Old 03-23-11, 11:10 AM
trickedout
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I suppose. I mean an install is an install. I used to co-own an auto salon where did all this plus all the bells and whistles and there isn't really ever a need to remove the whole backseat just to run wires. I don't think they will charge you any less just because you ran the wires past the backseat. It should be the same amount. I also suggest you talk to them first because some places install things differently. We would run wires under the backseat or under the carpet, under the door sills, and all sorts of things depending on the car and the configuration. I have even seen shops go through their doors and under their fender wells (BADDDDD IDEA lol). If they do that, tell them to take it apart, give you a refund, and I will come down their and install it myself lol. But all in all, check with them regarding the difference in price and such. I can talk you through it if you would like to take a crack at it by yourself. Also, KICKER is awesome. Hands down, one of the best manufacturers thats in the business, and those kicker amps are true rated and they next to never break.