Club Lexus Vendor Marketplace The place to find group buys and great deals from ClubLexus' supporting vendors.

New Product Release ** Pro Lex Direct Flow Intake System ** 98 up GS300 **

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-03, 06:44 PM
SUPRATRD
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New Product Release ** Pro Lex Silent Flow Intake System ** 98 up GS300 **

New lightweight T-6061 aluminum construction!

For the discriminating enthusiast! The Silent-Flow installs completely with the factory airbox and therefore has a factory appearance with a more robust sound. Very stealth! C.A.R.B. Pending

While simple in principle, the Silent-Flow for the 3.0L 2jz-ge produces quite tangible increases in engine power and smoothness (+8.7rwhp & +7.5rwtq). The resulting improvements are from a combination of air filter design and the precise mandrel bent transition tube. The PLP Silent Flow Intake retains the factory airbox and cold air induction inlet. The PLP lifetime filter supplied in the kit provides nearly 30% more air flow over a conventional panel filter and has a unique fully reticulated 3 stage (open pore) foam element. Be aware of cheap imitations!

The PLP-SFI comes complete with wrinkle black powder coated T-6061 aluminum transition tube, fiberglass reinforced silicone couplers, stainless steel worm drive clamps, high flow lifetime filter element, signature badge and detailed instructions with pictures.

Open Cell Filter Foam

The development of this special foam represented a major advancement in air filtration technology. Foam air filters now combine great airflow capability, huge dust holding capacity, and very high filtration efficiency for extremely small particles.

Fully reticulated (open pore) foam is a honeycomb of tiny, interlocking cells of uniform size, which create an impossible journey for dirt particles since there are no straight-through passageways. Each passageway (16 to 25mm long) is like hundreds of very small centrifugal/oil bath filters connected one to another. In this way, foam traps and holds the particles throughout the entire volume of foam. This is why they are referred to as "full depth" filters in contrast to the paper or gauze elements, which are screens, or "surface type" filters. The cell strands stop the dirt, while the oil film holds the dirt like fly paper until removed for cleaning.

The principle of how foam air filters work is simple: "Open Cell" Polyurethane Foam is wetted with specially developed filter oil. The "sticky" filter oil is suspended in the path of the dirty air on the strands of the web-like cell structure of the foam. This makes it impossible for dirt to pass through the depth of the filter without sticking to the strands. As the outer strands become loaded with dirt particles, the wetted strands down stream start trapping dirt, allowing the entire thickness to be utilized. This prevents surface loading or air restriction for 80% of the service life of the air filter element. When the filter is sufficiently dirty, it can be easily washed, re-oiled, and re-used

Special CL price-$227.00 shipped in the US (48 states)
Attached Thumbnails New Product Release ** Pro Lex Direct Flow Intake System ** 98 up GS300 **-mvc-031f.jpg  

Last edited by SUPRATRD; 05-02-03 at 06:05 AM.
The following users liked this post:
QLex300 (02-23-24)
Old 05-01-03, 02:35 AM
GS400kid
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so nthg for GS4?
Old 05-01-03, 04:49 AM
AROD
Pole Position

They are coming out with the 430 intake in the next couple of weeks. Steve is the only dealer to get them first. I talked to PLP yesterday.
Old 05-01-03, 07:50 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

What about an intake for the 98 - 2000 GS400?

Last edited by Hameed; 05-01-03 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-01-03, 09:54 AM
AROD
Pole Position

Thumbs up

The GS 400 is also coming out in a couple of weeks. Sorry I didn't put that out before but it's
coming out at the same time as the 430. Are you thinking about picking one up? I'm ordering mine today.
Old 05-01-03, 10:06 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 213 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally posted by AROD
The GS 400 is also coming out in a couple of weeks. Sorry I didn't put that out before but it's
coming out at the same time as the 430. Are you thinking about picking one up? I'm ordering mine today.
Yes, I am defnitely considering getting one. I am curious to know what the noise level is on this intake. Is it anything comparable to the SRT intake? I understand that the SRT intake noise level is quite high.......
Old 05-14-03, 08:05 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

From what I heard the noise level is pretty much the same as it is now stock...
Old 05-14-03, 10:22 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone gotten one yet?
Old 05-15-03, 10:06 AM
FutureGSorIS
Lead Lap

From the reviews over at is300.net I would say that there will be a bit more noise but nothing major compared to the srt. The added noise is due to the new piping. The stock pipe has resonators in it to get rid of some of the noise. I have mine and it should be put on in a day or so.
Old 05-15-03, 10:24 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by FutureGSorIS
I have mine and it should be put on in a day or so.
Cool. Post a review please.
Old 05-15-03, 12:12 PM
IS Pilot
Driver

Hello,
Please be aware that the PLP Silent Flow Intake is currently available for the 00-03 GS300. We did make a mistake on the initial release of the intake by including the 98 and 99 model years. The same Silent Flow Intake will still work fo these model years by using a "T" on the breather that we will be working on shortly. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused, If you would like further information please contact me at mike@prolexperformance.com if you would like to purchase this system please contact Steve at gonzo4u@earthlink.net
Thank You
Mike Clark
PLP
Old 05-15-03, 05:21 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Alright, I just installed this intake thing on FutureGSorIS's car and the noise is about the same as stock.. I'm not sure as to what the gains are if any but it gives the enginebay a nicer look than the plain Jane setup.. I'm sure when FutureGSorIS gets home he'll beable to tell you guys more...
Old 05-15-03, 05:25 PM
FutureGSorIS
Lead Lap

Review:
The install seemed very easy, pretty much take off the old piece and pop the new pipe and filter in. It seems very high quality product, also looks like a lot of r&d has gone into this product. After a test drive with the prolex intake on, there is definatly a more robust noise at around 3200+ rpms. It is a nice growl from stock. As far as any added power, you can feel it more on the top end but there is def. some added power. The only problem I am having now is the top air filter cap does not seem to lock in place anymore and seems to flop around a little but maybe I am doing something wrong?

Last edited by FutureGSorIS; 05-15-03 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-15-03, 05:32 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

What are you doing wrong??
Old 05-15-03, 08:54 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

incase u guys didn't catch this in the gs engine forum, this kit only fits a 2001 up gs300. not 98-00

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=83190

Quick Reply: New Product Release ** Pro Lex Direct Flow Intake System ** 98 up GS300 **