CL Vendor Products for IS-F New product details, group buys and more, specifically for the IS-F model from CL Vendors

New Product FIGS High Performance PolyElast UR Motor Mount

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-18, 04:42 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts
Default FIGS High Performance PolyElast UR Motor Mount

Hello all, we are pleased to offer a limited qty of our Polyelast motor mounts for IS-F owners. These mounts provide a firm mount to eliminate the air gap of the factory mounts while also providing high-frequency damping to eliminate in-cabin NVH (Noise Vibration Harshness). The original of PolyElast was for OE applications of high-powered V8's that had issues with cabin NVH. The material is a highly developed hybrid polymer that has combined characteristics of polyurethane and rubber with other metallic components to absorb energy. The result is a real problem-solving material for damp mounting and the results we have seen on our shop IS-F have included increased throttle response, less engine pivot under torque and less motor and transmission pivot under heavy braking. Limited Qty available. These work great with EL headers as some of the primaries are quite close to the chassis rails. Discounted packages available when purchased with headers.

http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/URENGINEMOUNTS

Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 02-03-18, 09:10 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

How do these compare to OEM motor mounts? Will they reduce cabin noise and vibration compared to OEM?

When should OEM mounts be replaced? 200k miles? Do motor mounts wear out?

For someone who does not track their car, are these worth it? I have a daily driver.

What do you estimate the cost of labor to be for this to be installed?
Old 02-04-18, 08:01 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by vraa
How do these compare to OEM motor mounts? Will they reduce cabin noise and vibration compared to OEM?

When should OEM mounts be replaced? 200k miles? Do motor mounts wear out?

For someone who does not track their car, are these worth it? I have a daily driver.

What do you estimate the cost of labor to be for this to be installed?
I recorded a video comparing both mounts with the same energy input and the PolyElast mounts are significantly higher damped producing far fewer oscillations on rebound. So with confidence, I will say they will produce fewer vibrations. OE mounts have an air gap in the top of the mount that allows articulation with the limit of that articulation hitting a dead end at a rubber mount. Over time I expect that this can tear the material as it dries out like rubber likes to do. I would expect this to take 10 years or so based on other bushings and mounts we have seen. I have not seen and IS-F mount go "bad "yet, but they allow a lot of compliance and completely undamped travel in the initial 10 degrees of movement or so. This product addresses the compliance with a solution that does not compromise the intention of the mount to absorb vibration.

This material is used as an OE mount for a large manufacturer, so they meet the requirements of longevity and design intent.
The value of the part will depend on how much you value the direct application of power to the drive train. This is a par that eliminates the delay of power application on the front of the drive train and we noticed a big improvement since we already have things tidy in the rear. OSGiken LSD, rear diff mounts and subframe constraint. It's one piece in a larger system so its hard to weigh the effects against your driving preferences and other mods.
Estimate if you were to just get them installed alone would be about 4hrs, its basically a header install without putting on the headers. This is why we suggest getting them to compliment a header installation due to labor costs.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks, Mike
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
Old 03-07-18, 08:23 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Down to 2 left in stock, more on the way. Now offering $100 off with Header orders. Contact us for a coupon code or custom quote.
Mike
Old 03-08-18, 02:16 PM
Alizia
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

it really sucks that I already got headers installed because I really like the product

So if I were to compare these to the RR-racing ones what will be the pros and cons? RR said theirs will produce more vibration at idle which I don't want that. Also seeing as these are more expensive and made of 2 materials I'd assume they'd produce less vibration?
Old 03-09-18, 06:37 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by Alizia
it really sucks that I already got headers installed because I really like the product

So if I were to compare these to the RR-racing ones what will be the pros and cons? RR said theirs will produce more vibration at idle which I don't want that. Also seeing as these are more expensive and made of 2 materials I'd assume they'd produce less vibration?
The Pros are firmness with minimal NVH increase due to the damping properties of the material. It is a single bonded material, PolyElast, which has unique engineered properties of rubber and metal to deliver firmness but absorb high-frequency energy. It's highly durable and temperature resistant whereas polyurethane does break down in heat over time. Polyurethane is quite flammable after all and generally, it has less capacity to absorb energy, one reason why it works well in suspension applications.
The Cons will be increased chassis sensitivity to throttle input, which some might view as a pro. I would say that the increase in NVH will be minimal compared to the header and exhaust upgrade.

These are built to a higher standard, tested for a long time in this application and carry a lifetime warranty like all of our bushing products. We are building them in low qty and the price reflects that effort. We could start a group buy if there was interest as it would allow us to ramp up supply and production.
Mike
Old 03-09-18, 08:41 AM
FIGS
The Maker

An, unfortunately, we are now sold out of mounts. I will post up when the next production run is complete.
Mike
Old 03-26-18, 02:28 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

I've got these installed at the same time I did Novel Headers

I'm very very happy with the result. Car is a little stiffer but I also did the RR Racing USRS.

My OEM stock motor mounts were 50% okay. One was shot, the other was about to die. It was 100k miles.
Old 04-04-18, 09:16 PM
FIGS
The Maker

We just received 4 more mounts from manufacturing and more coming shortly. Stock has been added to the site.
Mike
Old 12-26-18, 11:19 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Price? DM?
Old 12-27-18, 08:44 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Originally Posted by t0e
Price? DM?
http://www.shopfigs.com/v3/URENGINEM...motor%20mounts
Old 08-01-20, 01:10 PM
ChpEng
Intermediate

Received 275 Likes on 156 Posts

Is price for one, or a pair?
Picture shows pair, but Qty box threw me off.
Old 08-03-20, 09:51 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by ChpEng
Is price for one, or a pair?
Picture shows pair, but Qty box threw me off.
370 is for the pair
The following 2 users liked this post by 93MSB:
ChpEng (08-04-20), FIGS (08-04-20)
Old 08-04-20, 03:27 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Yes, per pair. All of our bushings are sold on a vehicle basis, so it's as many as required. sorry, it took me a while to get the notification. Thanks Mike
The following users liked this post:
ChpEng (08-04-20)
Old 08-30-20, 11:23 PM
Rossi
Racer

Received 193 Likes on 125 Posts

Hi Mike, @FIGS

The original post states: “These work great with EL headers as some of the primaries are quite close to the chassis rails”
Any potential clearance issues if installed with Sikky V2 headers?
Just in case you might have “Labor day” coupon :-))) I would love one.

Last edited by Rossi; 08-30-20 at 11:27 PM.

Quick Reply: New Product FIGS High Performance PolyElast UR Motor Mount