CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-24, 05:21 AM
mirekti
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One thing that annoys me with my model is Carplay Auto connect.
When it is on, it always comes into foreground and if I start the car and want to do something else it will take over the screen and display that’s is in process of cf connecting.

Does any of the units have an option to Auto Connect Carplay, but also to choose whether to Auto Start it?
The idea behind it is to have the Carplay connect in the background and have it on standby so it’s not in the way, yet when I need it I would simply launch it without a need for it to establish connection first. The connection would have already been established earlier, but as a background process and by not taking over the screen while doing it.
Old 03-29-24, 08:27 AM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mirekti
One thing that annoys me with my model is Carplay Auto connect.
When it is on, it always comes into foreground and if I start the car and want to do something else it will take over the screen and display that’s is in process of cf connecting.

Does any of the units have an option to Auto Connect Carplay, but also to choose whether to Auto Start it?
The idea behind it is to have the Carplay connect in the background and have it on standby so it’s not in the way, yet when I need it I would simply launch it without a need for it to establish connection first. The connection would have already been established earlier, but as a background process and by not taking over the screen while doing it.
Hey, I am unaware if this is a setting or not. I believe there might be something inside the settings application regarding it auto swapping, I remember my friend wanted the Lexus system to always be the primary screen and it was in one of the advanced setting hidden menus. Password to that menu is 8868123. For me, I'm ALWAYS in Android Auto so it hasn't been an issue.
But I think his just boots to the Lexus system and then when it pairs his wireless AA, it swaps screens automatically. Sorry if this reply wasn't much help haha.

You can try emailing Reyn (sale02@binarytek.cn) or Lexion(if you purchased through them) about it, but no guarantees.