CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-23, 10:32 AM
slodave
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by toxiccomic
What is your issue? Does it show just a black screen in the OEM side.
Same as in your last photo. The screen comes up black until I hit factory Map button. I can then get the nav map. back arrow will now show factory menu but everything shifted like your last photo.
Old 06-24-23, 11:08 AM
toxiccomic
5th Gear

Originally Posted by slodave
Same as in your last photo. The screen comes up black until I hit factory Map button. I can then get the nav map. back arrow will now show factory menu but everything shifted like your last photo.
On the android side , go to your settings / advanced setting / password is : 8868 / original right logo / MQB BOX
Old 06-24-23, 12:56 PM
slodave
10th Gear

On the android side , go to your settings / advanced setting / password is : 8868 / original right logo / MQB BOX
Thank you for that.. That fixes one of the issues, although now I have to look a a GS instead of my IS

Biggest issue is no cursor shows on the original menu screen. If I go to map I can see the cursor. Back to menu and no cursor. The jog mouse works because I can click items, just cant see cursor.
Turn vehicle on.
See original screen with GS box on right. No menu items
Click map, see map
Return to menu, now i can see menu. Does this everytime. Still now cursor in original menu
This is turning into be one big regret.
Old 06-24-23, 01:00 PM
toxiccomic
5th Gear

Originally Posted by slodave
Thank you for that.. That fixes one of the issues, although now I have to look a a GS instead of my IS

Biggest issue is no cursor shows on the original menu screen. If I go to map I can see the cursor. Back to menu and no cursor. The jog mouse works because I can click items, just cant see cursor.
Turn vehicle on.
See original screen with GS box on right. No menu items
Click map, see map
Return to menu, now i can see menu. Does this everytime. Still now cursor in original menu
This is turning into be one big regret.
Does your car have Nav package? I Can send you the CAN update they sent me, I have a Non ML, With Nav, and jog mouse, so maybe this update can help
Old 06-24-23, 01:12 PM
slodave
10th Gear

Does your car have Nav package? I Can send you the CAN update they sent me, I have a Non ML, With Nav, and jog mouse, so maybe this update can help

Awesome.. sent you a PM
Old 06-25-23, 03:13 AM
clintong
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anyone with the new display not having issues?
Old 06-25-23, 07:44 AM
slodave
10th Gear

I sent a note to Lexion and they replied back within hours.

You can eliminate the "box" all together on the original view.. see pic

Go to setting-Setting --> System setting ---> original video display mode : full, half--Select Full screen

Perfect, no more picture of a car that does nothing. I asked them if there was some documentation of all the settings, features. If anyone has one that would be helpful.
Old 08-01-23, 08:27 AM
little2576
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the dreaded factory black screen issue on my 2016 IS300 stock unit. A new head unit is over 6k.... a refurb is over 1k with no guarantee the black screen wont come back to the refurb. My question..... is this lexicon a fix for people with the black screen issue. I would much rather spend 1k on this then gamble with a refurb factory head unit.

Old 08-01-23, 10:20 AM
toxiccomic
5th Gear

Originally Posted by little2576
I have the dreaded factory black screen issue on my 2016 IS300 stock unit. A new head unit is over 6k.... a refurb is over 1k with no guarantee the black screen wont come back to the refurb. My question..... is this lexicon a fix for people with the black screen issue. I would much rather spend 1k on this than gamble with a refurb factory head unit.
Sadly this won’t fix the black screen issue as the Lexion unit basically piggybacks on the OEM head unit
Old 08-09-23, 05:33 AM
melodydream2

Has anyone heard from Lexion lately? I purchased a display kit from them over two weeks ago and they have not answered any of my emails or WhatsApp messages to see what the status of it is
Old 09-17-23, 11:18 PM
JKING3
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello, I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to reset the unit back to default? Zlink app no longer connects wirelessly after I upgraded the apk to Zlink5. Also I'm running Android 7, is it possible to update? Thanks.
Old 11-08-23, 06:59 AM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey everyone. I'd like to provide an update on the Binary unit for the 6ES.

I have the unit installed in an ES350 and now an ES300h. I'd like to comment on the packaging with the ES300h. My friend recently picked up a 2017 ES300h and was looking to see if he could install the unit. I contacted Reyn, sent over the money, and we had the Binary unit in box a few days later.

The packaging is completely different (in a good way!). Lots more protection and installation was exactly the same. AND IT CAME WITH INSTRUCTIONS! The unit is still the AIO where everything is in the screen. If you look at my previous posts on this thread, I mentioned that the fitment of the unit was quite tight and I had to bend some of the dashboard to get it through. With this newer unit, I'm not sure if it was manufacturing tolerances/differences with Lexus from the ES350 or ES300h, but it was a LOT easier to fit the screen in. Not to mention, the bezel "fits" better and lines up with the dash. On my ES350, there is a slight gap where the top of the bezel meets the dashboard, but this time it was completely flush. His ES300h also features the joystick mouse jog thing. Works perfectly in both systems.

Both of us are very happy with the unit and Reyn from Binary responds very quickly to any questions/issues you may have. I am not sure about Lexion's support/response though.

Last edited by shoodes; 11-08-23 at 07:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mcenteep (11-08-23)
Old 11-22-23, 05:41 PM
komobu
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I contacted binarytech this evening about getting a unit for my 2016 ES with Mark Levinson. What did you do with the passenger Air Bag Notification when you swapped screens? Did you just disconnect it or hide the panel behind the dash or what?
Old 11-24-23, 10:33 PM
shoodes
Pit Crew

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by komobu
I contacted binarytech this evening about getting a unit for my 2016 ES with Mark Levinson. What did you do with the passenger Air Bag Notification when you swapped screens? Did you just disconnect it or hide the panel behind the dash or what?
I just left it plugged in and shoved it behind the dash. If I recall correctly, you do have to push it out from a bracket, there may be a few clips or a screw but im not 100%. Once its popped out, just reconnect the connector and put it wherever it will fit
Old 12-01-23, 07:11 AM
BC5
4th Gear

Has anybody installed the 12.3 inch screen on an ES350? It seems like it would be easier to use the touchscreen on a larger screen that sits closer to the driver. I know it doesn't look as OEM as the 10.25 inch screen, but I am wondering if there are any other downsides.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models