CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-21, 07:20 PM
InveredMP
Intermediate

Received 122 Likes on 92 Posts

I did not install the mic
Old 12-20-21, 11:17 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by cdgmania
Hi all, just bought and installed the Lexion unit. I'm pretty happy with how it looks and is a super improvement over the stock display. I am running into an issue where when in Carplay my speech is not detected, this applies to Siri, Waze and Messages. Seems like it won't work anywhere within Carplay, though I can speak through OEM Lexus menus and it works there.

I do have some confusion because I've read a couple posts which says an external mic is not needed and others saying it is. and to add to that I don't believe my unit came shipped with an external mic at all. If an external mic isn't required for Carplay speech to work, is there a setting somewhere in the menus to activate the OEM mic for Carplay? If it is required, anyone happen to have an image of what it looks like? I do see a black cabled piece with mounting tape included but that looks like the GPS-- which brings me to a follow up question, does the GPS dongle do anything for me if I don't plan on using Android Auto? Thanks in advance.
Did you connect 3.5mm connectors together looks like audio cable? I don't remember exactly the name of labels but something like Mic In and OEM mic. One is male, the other is female. You need to complete this connection on the harness to use Lexus build in Mic. If external Mic came with it the same female jack you would have to plug into instead it would be external. There might also be a setting you may have to select, go to Advanced Setting you need passcode 8868123.

External GPS is only for maps in main Android system App. If you plan to use Carplay only you don't need GPS it gets signal from your iPhone.
Old 12-20-21, 03:21 PM
cdgmania
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Did you connect 3.5mm connectors together looks like audio cable? I don't remember exactly the name of labels but something like Mic In and OEM mic. One is male, the other is female. You need to complete this connection on the harness to use Lexus build in Mic. If external Mic came with it the same female jack you would have to plug into instead it would be external. There might also be a setting you may have to select, go to Advanced Setting you need passcode 8868123.

External GPS is only for maps in main Android system App. If you plan to use Carplay only you don't need GPS it gets signal from your iPhone.
Thanks so much for the reply, I don't recall there being a 3.5mm jack to connect. I do remember there being a yellow OEM camera cable I definitely needed to connect but no 3.5mm jack. Not looking forward to taking everything apart again but will have to check.
Old 12-20-21, 05:50 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Thanks so much for the reply, I don't recall there being a 3.5mm jack to connect. I do remember there being a yellow OEM camera cable I definitely needed to connect but no 3.5mm jack. Not looking forward to taking everything apart again but will have to check.
Check the system setting before taking out the trims. There might be setting to use OEM mic or external.
Old 12-21-21, 12:29 AM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmrcf
I use to talk to ReynChan on WhatsApp but recently he has not replied, was thinking his account got locked.
yes,sent email to me
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (12-21-21)
Old 12-21-21, 12:32 AM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, just bought and installed the Lexion unit. I'm pretty happy with how it looks and is a super improvement over the stock display. I am running into an issue where when in Carplay my speech is not detected, this applies to Siri, Waze and Messages. Seems like it won't work anywhere within Carplay, though I can speak through OEM Lexus menus and it works there.

I do have some confusion because I've read a couple posts which says an external mic is not needed and others saying it is. and to add to that I don't believe my unit came shipped with an external mic at all. If an external mic isn't required for Carplay speech to work, is there a setting somewhere in the menus to activate the OEM mic for Carplay? If it is required, anyone happen to have an image of what it looks like? I do see a black cabled piece with mounting tape included but that looks like the GPS-- which brings me to a follow up question, does the GPS dongle do anything for me if I don't plan on using Android Auto? Thanks in advance.
hello, I have replied to you via email
Jazzrock (12-21-21)
Old 12-21-21, 03:16 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 192 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by ReynChan
hello, I have replied to you via email
Can you please put who you are and your email address in your signature so everyone will know how to contact you
concerning Lexion issues. There are still people saying they are not getting responses from WhatsApp and it would
be helpful for folks to know how to contact you by email in your signature. Thank you.
Old 12-21-21, 08:18 PM
jdmrcf
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yes,sent email to me
Hi I sent you an email, please check.
Old 12-21-21, 08:19 PM
jdmrcf
Driver School Candidate

Is anybody else also having this issue where Carplay would move by itself (shifting to different apps, activating Siri by itself)? The issue has become too common for me now and Carplay is almost unusable for me.
Old 12-21-21, 08:55 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Is anybody else also having this issue where Carplay would move by itself (shifting to different apps, activating Siri by itself)? The issue has become too common for me now and Carplay is almost unusable for me.
That has never happened to me. Weird. Hopefully ReynChan can solve your issues.
Old 12-21-21, 09:06 PM
jdmrcf
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
That has never happened to me. Weird. Hopefully ReynChan can solve your issues.
I know im not the only one because someone of the Lexus RC Club facebook page also had the same issue. Reyn said they have been working on it since its a bug. Hopefully it gets resolved soon because I don't even want to drive my car sometimes with this issue.
Jazzrock (12-21-21)
Old 12-22-21, 08:18 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Nothing like this for me sounds like harness problem.
Jazzrock (12-22-21)
Old 12-26-21, 08:47 PM
jdmrcf
Driver School Candidate

You are welcome!
Hello Reyn, please check your email or WeChat. Thank you!
Old 12-27-21, 06:11 PM
ReynChan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Can you please put who you are and your email address in your signature so everyone will know how to contact you
concerning Lexion issues. There are still people saying they are not getting responses from WhatsApp and it would
be helpful for folks to know how to contact you by email in your signature. Thank you.
my email address:sale02@binarytek.cn
Old 12-27-21, 06:53 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

my email address:sale02@binarytek.cn
Thanks. I meant to put it in your signature so everyone can see it in all your posts, like on the bottom of my posts and many other peoples'..

Last edited by Jazzrock; 12-27-21 at 07:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models