CL Vendor Products for 3IS New product details, group buys and more, specifically for 3IS models from CL Vendors

Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-21, 08:17 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by vadimfrey
Okay here are attached pics. Not quite sure about little white cable on USB1/USB2/MIC harness (circled). I need to know if both USBs can be used for android auto since I plan on routing one of them to armrest and the other to glovebox...
On the main harness I think one cable (circled tap in connector labeled Audio) goes to the back of OEM radio as tap in. The other one (non-tap connector, also circled, it has 4 pins inside) - I am not sure exactly sure where it goes. Other 2 tap-in connectors pictured are for mouse and touchpad and they are labeled.

Ignore the white cable connector. It’s for external speaker I think it has a clip at the end right? This connector can be plugged into mini external speaker. Most of these Chinese system comes with all these loose wires you don’t need I wished they designed them neatly.

This connector is for oem backup camera. You should connect it to connect plug that you will unhook from oem screen and insert into this connector.

Last edited by dojoman; 01-14-21 at 08:24 AM.
Old 01-14-21, 06:10 PM
vadimfrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Ignore the white cable connector. It’s for external speaker I think it has a clip at the end right? This connector can be plugged into mini external speaker. Most of these Chinese system comes with all these loose wires you don’t need I wished they designed them neatly.

This connector is for oem backup camera. You should connect it to connect plug that you will unhook from oem screen and insert into this connector.

Wow, thanks. So cable you marked with blue arrow is for the backup camera (and plugs into connector that was plugged into OEM screen)? I would never guess that! I was sure the backup camera is connected via yellow connector from another harness (connector labeled "camera"). See picture... Do I need to connect it too?

Btw, on your picture with blue arrow, does the other connector (was also circled red, labeled "Audio") go into main radio unit as a tap in?
Old 01-14-21, 07:44 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Wow, thanks. So cable you marked with blue arrow is for the backup camera (and plugs into connector that was plugged into OEM screen)? I would never guess that! I was sure the backup camera is connected via yellow connector from another harness (connector labeled "camera"). See picture... Do I need to connect it too?

Btw, on your picture with blue arrow, does the other connector (was also circled red, labeled "Audio") go into main radio unit as a tap in?
Since I don’t have Lexion unit I’m going by similar unit I have from China. On my system connector shown with arrow has yellow RCA out and I had to plug into camera connector you show but in Lexion unit this connector with arrow has straight connection to harness. I think the yellow camera connector you’re holding maybe for front camera input.

Yes, the white connector next to pointed arrow should be hooked up to back of radio. It’s called T-harness male part goes into radio after you unplug from factory harness and then daisy chain factory male to female of this audio cable. Make sure you test everything before putting everything back in.
Old 01-15-21, 06:51 AM
vadimfrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Since I don’t have Lexion unit I’m going by similar unit I have from China. On my system connector shown with arrow has yellow RCA out and I had to plug into camera connector you show but in Lexion unit this connector with arrow has straight connection to harness. I think the yellow camera connector you’re holding maybe for front camera input.

Yes, the white connector next to pointed arrow should be hooked up to back of radio. It’s called T-harness male part goes into radio after you unplug from factory harness and then daisy chain factory male to female of this audio cable. Make sure you test everything before putting everything back in.
Yes that makes sense, thanks! I found this pic of Chinese head unit and I think you are referring to this camera connector (circled in orange): RCA -->white rectangular. That's the one that is straight connector on Lexion that hooks on connector that is unplugged from the back of OEM screen?

connector
Old 01-15-21, 08:21 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Yes that makes sense, thanks! I found this pic of Chinese head unit and I think you are referring to this camera connector (circled in orange): RCA -->white rectangular. That's the one that is straight connector on Lexion that hooks on connector that is unplugged from the back of OEM screen?

connector
Thats right it’s same setup for me.
Old 01-20-21, 05:24 AM
nitroracer
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

How's the Touch Screen on this? Other than the obvious part about the IS not being designed with touch screen in mind...
Old 03-24-21, 11:31 AM
inssi76
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default USB Audio Player PRO

Please, Does Lexion support USB Audio Player and have USB out ?
- I need to get native signal to DAC/DSP
Old 03-24-21, 01:55 PM
KamoteKid
Driver School Candidate

Default Harness issue

So I started tackling this project today on my 2014 lexus is250 Removal of the screen and the panels went smoothly. I was removing the radio and found that the pins and plugs on the stereo are different from the harness and the diagram. Not sure what to do at this point. Was i sent the wrong harness? If anybody can chime in will be greatly appreciated.probably will remove the screen and restore factory radio for now.

Old 03-24-21, 06:30 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KamoteKid
So I started tackling this project today on my 2014 lexus is250 Removal of the screen and the panels went smoothly. I was removing the radio and found that the pins and plugs on the stereo are different from the harness and the diagram. Not sure what to do at this point. Was i sent the wrong harness? If anybody can chime in will be greatly appreciated.probably will remove the screen and restore factory radio for now.

Does your car come with factory navigation? This is back of my radio which matched the harness from Lexion maybe you need different harness for non-Nav model.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JJN1NkfhmXwbDedEA
Old 03-24-21, 07:01 PM
KamoteKid
Driver School Candidate

Does your car come with factory navigation? This is back of my radio which matched the harness from Lexion maybe you need different harness for non-Nav model.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/JJN1NkfhmXwbDedEA
I have a non-navigation system. I reached out to Lexion and they already responded and looking at the issue and trying to find out the correct harness for my car. Sent them my vin# hopefully it gets resolved. Just have to wait for now.
Old 04-07-21, 01:01 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

Received 192 Likes on 152 Posts

I ordered this unit with the larger screen on April 2. I messaged Eric a few times on Facebook. He seems to
check in every few days or so. I sent a picture of my car with mouse to be sure he sends the right harness.
Any questions I should ask him? I'm waiting to hear that it's been shipped. I have an installation appointment on
April 22, if it makes it on time. Are there installation instructions and how accurate are they? I saw a post in this thread
saying to go by the labels on the wires rather than the diagram. The car audio shop is very good, so they should be able
to do it without a problem. I'm very excited to have this unit and the larger screen in my IS!!!
Old 04-07-21, 06:46 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
I ordered this unit with the larger screen on April 2. I messaged Eric a few times on Facebook. He seems to
check in every few days or so. I sent a picture of my car with mouse to be sure he sends the right harness.
Any questions I should ask him? I'm waiting to hear that it's been shipped. I have an installation appointment on
April 22, if it makes it on time. Are there installation instructions and how accurate are they? I saw a post in this thread
saying to go by the labels on the wires rather than the diagram. The car audio shop is very good, so they should be able
to do it without a problem. I'm very excited to have this unit and the larger screen in my IS!!!
So you finally gave in and bought it? Connectors are self explanatory just tell the installer to not jam the connectors into harness by force because the pins can bend. If they do you’re screwed replacing factory harness is very costly. You can ignore most loose wires they’re not needed for CarPlay. Would like to hear some feedback how it turned out.
The following users liked this post:
Jazzrock (04-08-21)
Old 04-08-21, 12:50 AM
Jazzrock
Advanced

So you finally gave in and bought it? Connectors are self explanatory just tell the installer to not jam the connectors into harness by force because the pins can bend. If they do you’re screwed replacing factory harness is very costly. You can ignore most loose wires they’re not needed for CarPlay. Would like to hear some feedback how it turned out.
Thanks for the response. I'll pass the info along. Waiting slightly impatiently for word of shipment. One of my bands has an outdoor gig on May 2 and I'm hoping to
use CarPlay that day. If not, then not. I'll certainly update with my impressions.
I just clicked on the link to the harness photo in your Google Photos. You call yourself T Wah, as in a BOSS T Wah?

Last edited by Jazzrock; 04-08-21 at 12:53 AM.
Old 04-08-21, 04:49 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Jazzrock
Thanks for the response. I'll pass the info along. Waiting slightly impatiently for word of shipment. One of my bands has an outdoor gig on May 2 and I'm hoping to
use CarPlay that day. If not, then not. I'll certainly update with my impressions.
I just clicked on the link to the harness photo in your Google Photos. You call yourself T Wah, as in a BOSS T Wah?
I prefer BOSS T Wah
Jazzrock (04-08-21)
Old 04-08-21, 07:33 PM
Jazzrock
Advanced

I prefer BOSS T Wah
I had one for awhile, sold it and got a Dunlop Bass Wah, which is in the closet with my pedal board.
I'm in an Allman Brothers tribute band, Idlewild West and a Cream tribute band, Fresh Cream. No pedals
used in those bands besides my beloved Peterson Strobostomp tuner pedal. What music are you playing?
Fresh Cream have an outdoor private party on a stage on May 2!
dojoman (04-09-21)

Quick Reply: Lexion Carplay & Android Auto Display for all Lexus models